Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “A smart man is running the N.F.L. and he didn’t understand the difference between the flag and what makes the country great — all the people who fought to allow Kaepernick to have the right to kneel for justice,” he says. “The flag is irrelevant. It’s just a symbol that people glom onto for political reasons, just like Cheney back in the Iraq war.”

He continues about Goodell: “He got intimidated when Trump jumped on the kneeling” and “he folded.” Popovich says it is analogous to Republican lawmakers who support Trump out of fear “that they’ll get tweeted out of their office and not get elected the next go-round.” Don’t Tom Cotton and Lindsey Graham have people at home they are embarrassed to look in the eye, he ponders.

A handful of NFL owners, including the New England Patriots’ Robert Kraft and Dallas Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, donated millions to Trump’s Inaugural Committee for 2017. Some of these same organizations have said after George Floyd’s homicide by police that they stand with black lives and are committed to making change. They’ve also pledged money to causes, though Jones has been uncharacteristically quiet.

Popovich isn’t on board with that. Via the Times:

“It’s just hypocritical,” he replies. “It’s incongruent. It doesn’t make sense. People aren’t blind. Do you go to your staff and your players and talk about injustices and democracy and how to protest? I don’t get it. I think they put themselves in a position that’s untenable.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popov...203421712.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry Jones. Tbh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only an idiot thinks the flag is irrelevant in a country where citizens increasingly share no common ground with other citizens.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's pop's opinion on the Hong Kong situation?

*Crickets***

$$$

Hypocrite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kraft gave millions to USA
    Went and got medical stuff for USA
    Let’s bash him pop
    Damm you really hate the USA!
    You one bitter bitter man that needs to stay out of politics!
    Trump is living in your head 24-7

People might listen to you if you and Kerr speak out against China
    Until then shut the up and get your team ready to win a le this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does not pop comment on walker coming out instead of bashing the President of the country where he lives ?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only an idiot thinks the flag is irrelevant in a country where citizens increasingly share no common ground with other citizens.
    Common ground should be coming together on occasion to celebrate the variety and otherwise leaving people the alome.

Only half-wits need some goofy symbol in order to find direction in life of family. What this country really needs is better education and preventative counseling to minimize the birth of more half-wits.

If we could convince Fox News watchers and people who don't try to do anything else before living the street life not to reproduce, we'd be in good shape.

Why does not pop comment on walker coming out instead of bashing the President of the country where he lives ?
    Because Walker isn't a silver-spooned criminal moron?
    Last edited by tim_duncan_fan; 06-13-2020 at 10:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole interview in the New York Times is excellent. So proud of him speaking out! There is a brief mention of those who were threatening to stop buying season tickets if he didn't button it up. That worked out well for them didn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Pop. He’s dead on accurate. Protest was never about the flag. I ripped Kap before bc he clearly didn’t think things out with his protest. He was making it up on the fly, pig socks one day and apology the next, sitting and then kneeling, wearing a ing Castro shirt in Miami which is akin to a White player wearing a Nathan Bedford Forest shirt. But Kaps message was spot on.

i just really wish he had the same courage and commitment with China. Bc that’s the obvious criticism. When you are going to take the holier than thou approach you can’t have on your record the same exact situation that Pop is criticizing. He folded to China where atleast Goodel folded to America

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ this revisionist history is pathetic, tbh...

America was built primarily by immigrants of all sorts of nationalities, tbh... we largely killed the local population...

Also ironic when there's apparently not one but two flags losers pledge allegiance to...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely not the flag or mementos that will bring this country together, but the social shunning of ignorant people like ducks or Kraft, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s why I can’t stand Pop he talks out of his ASS when he could have taken a stand against China he pussies out. He got so much to say about every other person and organization but when the Light was on China he was like a roach and scurried into the night. It’s like it’s in your own house and you ain’t going to say one word

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Can't believe this got named his dogs Wuhan and Corona

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the looks of it, folks already don't share a common ground in terms of standing for the anthem, so why about it? Did you know there are some religions that prevent people from singing the anthem of a country? Some even go the depths of giving their backs to the flag. Are you going to protest against those people's beliefs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s why I can’t stand Pop he talks out of his ASS when he could have taken a stand against China he pussies out. He got so much to say about every other person and organization but when the Light was on China he was like a roach and scurried into the night. It’s like it’s in your own house and you ain’t going to say one word
    China is deflection. He's American, he wants America to be better. America first, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop with the truth bomb, people need to listen to him more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of swerving

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ this revisionist history is pathetic, tbh...

America was built primarily by immigrants of all sorts of nationalities, tbh... we largely killed the local population...

Also ironic when there's apparently not one but two flags losers pledge allegiance to...
    There was more commonality between the immigrants than there currently is in America.

Very few people own a Confederate flag or have pledge allegiance to said flag.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the looks of it, folks already don't share a common ground in terms of standing for the anthem, so why about it? Did you know there are some religions that prevent people from singing the anthem of a country? Some even go the depths of giving their backs to the flag. Are you going to protest against those people's beliefs?
    Yeah, there is no common ground. That's why this country is going to divide into multiple countries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was more commonality between the immigrants than there currently is in America.
    Do you have anything to back this up?

Very few people own a Confederate flag or have pledge allegiance to said flag.
    Last poll I recall (2011, here) was ~9% of the US population. That's roughly 30 million people. A minority of losers for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "very few people".

Yeah, there is no common ground. That's why this country is going to divide into multiple countries.
    Sorry, but no, it isn't. We're just going to socially shun and embarrass xenophobes like you instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger Goodell didn't bench Tim Duncan during the most crucial "need a stop" possession in the 2013 NBA Finals.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have anything to back this up?

Last poll I recall (2011, here) was ~9% of the US population. That's roughly 30 million people. A minority of losers for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "very few people".

Sorry, but no, it isn't. We're just going to socially shun and embarrass xenophobes like you instead.
    Speaking off the cuff(though influenced from others I've been reading discussing this) . As you know I expect the country to split apart and this is obviously a major factor in that expectation.

A positive reaction is not the same as "allegiance". Also even if some had "allegiance" if they also have that for America then it's not a big deal. Overall this is not very noteworthy imo.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger Goodell didn't bench Tim Duncan during the most crucial "need a stop" possession in the 2013 NBA Finals.
    That's a good point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of reading about Pop's military background and how that shaped who he is. For s sake he served 5 years and even then only did basketball. What shaped who Pop is can be traced back to which side his bread gets buttered - namely that he's made a fortune off of the talent of genetically gifted black men and in the process he's acted like a "father figure" which means basically the bossman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking off the cuff(though influenced from others I've been reading discussing this) . As you know I expect the country to split apart and this is obviously a major factor in that expectation.
    So you can't back it up. Don't beat around the bush, just say it.

The country isn't splitting apart mostly because people like you are a tiny minority who are all talk. You won't do absolutely anything about it.

A positive reaction is not the same as "allegiance". Also even if some had "allegiance" if they also have that for America then it's not a big deal. Overall this is not very noteworthy imo.
    It's the closest number we have, do you have anything better?

You need to work on your credibility, making claims is easy, backing them up not so much.

Thread Information