Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing pretty well lately, he needs some adjustments but good to see him playing like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seller

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing pretty well lately, he needs some adjustments but good to see him playing like that.
    He’s up and down, 20 points one night, 3 the next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s up and down, 20 points one night, 3 the next.

no. Hes hit double figures 4/5 games . He was hurt vs the hornets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yes would be good to see him keep it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just when I thought I was out, he pulls me back in!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I really like Lonnie. I've almost given up on him numerous times, but for whatever reason I really like him. I just hope he can keep this up. I'd rather he stay on the Spurs and reach his full potential, or close to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too inconsistent, he will get the same offer or less then the other other 2 turds on the roster aka white/murray 16m a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I really like Lonnie. I've almost given up on him numerous times, but for whatever reason I really like him. I just hope he can keep this up. I'd rather he stay on the Spurs and reach his full potential, or close to it.
    He’s about at his potential now. He’s never going to be a star. Best case is something like Ben McLemore, a bench bucket getter. He’s a good guy, so he’ll carve out a nice long NBA career as a 16-17 point scorer, health permitting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasnt hit yr 6 yet be patient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lonnie has only skimmed the surface. Already he’s attacking the rim with contact, even going against the DPOY, and closing the game, su iously his confidence as a result of working with Manu. He’s a willing student of the game, and would only learn so much from Manu. Again I think he will still improve a lot under Manu’s watchful eyes. It’s still very early in his career, only 23. He’s very skilled without a doubt and oozing with athleticism. And Manu has just started to unlock Lonnie’s potential. I see him as Jordan Clarkson type ultimately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him as Jordan Clarkson type ultimately.
    I was about to say the same thing!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with Jordan Clarkson type of outcome if that is the player he ends up being. I like that much, much more than Ben McLemore type of ceiling. Maybe Manu really is rubbing off on him and doing a great job teaching him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lonnie has only skimmed the surface. Already he’s attacking the rim with contact, even going against the DPOY, and closing the game, su iously his confidence as a result of working with Manu. He’s a willing student of the game, and would only learn so much from Manu. Again I think he will still improve a lot under Manu’s watchful eyes. It’s still very early in his career, only 23. He’s very skilled without a doubt and oozing with athleticism. And Manu has just started to unlock Lonnie’s potential. I see him as Jordan Clarkson type ultimately.
    He AVOIDS contact. Always has. Even on that last shot, he leaned 45 degrees and double pumped, rather than throw his body into Gobert to create space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He AVOIDS contact. Always has. Even on that last shot, he leaned 45 degrees and double pumped, rather than throw his body into Gobert to create space.
    I'm hearing that acrobatic finishers are the future in the league, due so the new emphasis of rules. Bigs are now able to use more body and offensive players are not getting away from constant push offs. It was interesting what I'm reading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch shots drive narratives. If Lonnie missed, the conversation would be the polar opposite. The truth is always in the middle ground. I’m happy Lonnie is doing well, but he needs to do it for at least ten more games to show me he’s truly grown up. A dynamic 6th man scorer would be great to secure for the foreseeable future. It’s better than having a 1 dimensional 3 pt shooter a la Patty. What we haven’t had in a while is a “yang” to the starting line-up’s “yin”. The bench is always doing its best not to up when their true job is to change the pace and give energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hearing that acrobatic finishers are the future in the league, due so the new emphasis of rules. Bigs are now able to use more body and offensive players are not getting away from constant push offs. It was interesting what I'm reading.
    I’m not talking about pushing with hands, or using a chicken wing. He’s big enough to do the same things that work very well for Keldon, body bump on a retreating defender, and an easy layup, instead of a trick shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not good with uploading video clips, but I watched the play over and over again. There was no pump from Lonnie but went “right unto Rudy” as the Jazz commentator gave the play by play, even very reminiscent of Manu moves but instead with a right hand instead of left. But the only thing I’m saying is I think we’re starting to see Manu’s influence on his game and especially “at ude” and not to disappear in crucial moments, and Lonnie is trying to learn more to improve his game, and only good things will come out from that. Even Pop letting Lonnie close the game as Manu did. Well I’m just hopeful as a fan and excited for Lonnie as he has been one of my favorite young players.
    Last edited by John B; 12-19-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is solid Lonnie thin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is solid Lonnie thin
    Lonnie’s not by any stretch thin. Of all the guards and wings on the team, he’s second only to Keldon in mass. He’s quite muscular, he just doesn’t leverage it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with Jordan Clarkson type of outcome if that is the player he ends up being. I like that much, much more than Ben McLemore type of ceiling. Maybe Manu really is rubbing off on him and doing a great job teaching him.
    I think even more than Jordan Clarkson, if I could correct myself, but in the footsteps of the great Manu himself, eventually closing the game with the SL. That was potentially the last play and Pop gave it to Lonnie to win it for him. Then, putting Lonnie on Mitc on the last defensive play. That was showing great confidence on Lonnie by Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not good with uploading video clips, but I watched the play over and over again. There was no pump from Lonnie but went “right unto Rudy” as the Jazz commentator gave the play by play, even very reminiscent of Manu moves but instead with a right hand instead of left. But the only thing I’m saying is I think we’re starting to see Manu’s influence on his game and especially “at ude” and not to disappear in crucial moments, and Lonnie is trying to learn more to improve his game, and only good things will come out from that. Even Pop letting Lonnie close the game as Manu did. Well I’m just hopeful as a fan and excited for Lonnie as he has been one of my favorite young players.
    https://twitter.com/spurs/status/147...086142464?s=21
    Last edited by exstatic; 12-19-2021 at 12:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with some of this but want to correct the record on how that last play was drawn up. Lonnie said after the game that Pop drew it up for Dejounte. Lonnie says he recognized early that the other team knew it would be for Dejounte and were going to take him out of the play so he reacted by taking the ball to the hole. That is definitely a development in his game that can be attributed to Manu though. Just don't want the mischaracterization Pop had anything to do with giving it to Lonnie as a drawn up play to be what people think happened. It didn't.

Pop is the moron that drew up a play the other team knew was coming. Which if you see with the Spurs in-bound plays or end of game plays is a trend with Pop. Lots of in the box, old-school, uninspired coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with some of this but want to correct the record on how that last play was drawn up. Lonnie said after the game that Pop drew it up for Dejounte. Lonnie says he recognized early that the other team knew it would be for Dejounte and were going to take him out of the play so he reacted by taking the ball to the hole. That is definitely a development in his game that can be attributed to Manu though. Just don't want the mischaracterization Pop had anything to do with giving it to Lonnie as a drawn up play to be what people think happened. It didn't.

Pop is the moron that drew up a play the other team knew was coming. Which if you see with the Spurs in-bound plays or end of game plays is a trend with Pop. Lots of in the box, old-school, uninspired coaching.
    Yeah, and Phil Jackson was an idiot for years, drawing up plays for MJ and Kobe, when the other team clearly would know they were coming. You put the ball into the hands of your horse. The fact that Lonnie was able to recognize that Utah was playing to prevent? That was Pops coaching, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's on a good run, but his future with the Spurs (and maybe in the league) depends on him keeping it up.

I've given up on him ever being an All-Star level talent, but this moment showed he can have All-Star level moments. That is probably the most tantalizing (and frustrating) thing about him.

Hopefully this game-winner continues to build his confidence, because we need him to be a guy that can score consistently.

I'd be fine with him only averaging 12 points a game as long as he was consistently between 10-15 points. He has been more of a player of a player that will average 12 by posting 22, 2, 6, 25, 5.

Thread Information