Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/06....ap/index.html
    NORTHPORT, New York (AP) -- Two high school seniors picked quotations from Adolf Hitler's book "Mein Kampf" to appear under their high school yearbook pictures, prompting school officials to apologize.

The quotes were picked by Christopher Koulermos and Philip Compton, both 18. Koulermos' read "Strength lies not in defense, but in attack." Compton chose "The great masses of people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

"It's our responsibility and we failed miserably," said Northport High School principal Irene McLaughlin. "The fact that the book went out in the form it did was a grave mistake on our part."

McLaughlin and superintendent William Brosnan said the yearbook's student staff and its adviser, teacher Robert Runyan, saw the quotations before they were published.

The district plans to send a written apology to parents this week. School officials would not comment on whether they would discipline the two seniors or Runyan.

Officials also are discussing with the yearbook's publishing company either reprinting the section in question or offering special tape to people who want to cover the quotes.

Compton's father, Steven, said that his son meant no harm in picking the quote. "I guess he didn't seriously consider the source; he was more interested in the quote," he said. "He's a child."

Northport is located about 47 miles east of New York City.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a bunch of bull ! I don't know what is more reminiscent of Hitler, the fact that the kids chose those too quotes, or the fact that the dumbass teachers and parents are thinking of censuring them and punishing them for that.

P.S. Hitler was a saddistic lunatic but a brilliant one. The man was not a fool, and personally I can't see anything wrong with those quotes other than the fact they are so true

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a bunch of bull ! I don't know what is more reminiscent of Hitler, the fact that the kids chose those too quotes, or the fact that the dumbass teachers and parents are thinking of censuring them and punishing them for that.

P.S. Hitler was a saddistic lunatic but a brilliant one. The man was not a fool, and personally I can't see anything wrong with those quotes other than the fact they are so true
    Hitler's strengths lied in his commanders ... Hitler himself was an average strategist at best. When he began to micromanage the war himself is when the Nazi's started losing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    "The great masses of people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."
    That's actually a pretty good quote.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    "Struggle is the father of all things. It is not by the principles of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world, but solely by means of the most brutal struggle. If you do not fight, life will never be won."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    That's actually a pretty good quote.
    What he said, especially with his "alterations."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    is his alterations from Deadwood?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I agree.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, if the quote itself is not deemed harmful, I don't see why the fact that it was a Hitler quote is reason for this much concern.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i remember when it used to be funny to do little things like that to see if you could get away with it. now... lame.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have a pic somewhere of me with a Hitler stache when I was messing around shaving ... is that wrong?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

He attacked Russia, if that's not the sign of a fool, i don't know what is.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's nothing wrong with those quotes. I don;t get it. I wonder what kind of sensitive little pussys are going to get the special tape to cover up the quotes. They are very true nmad thought provoking quotes. Just because Hitler was a cidal egomaniac bent on ethnic cleansing - does nto mean we should ewrase him from history. Whats so evil about reading his quotes??

Now- if those boys had used: "Jews are the s of the earth and must be erradicated! Death to all Jews!"

well, then I could understand the concern.
    Last edited by ObiwanGinobili; 06-14-2006 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Death not Seath

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this 80+ year old guy just opened a hitler museum up north. I can't wait till i am that old (hopefully) and am able to pull off crazy and blame it on my age.
    things i would do:

1.) yell random things to kids like "I killed the easter bunny"

2) Check out women and not care if it is obvious.

3) stop tipping at restaraunts

4) fart and burp as i please in public.

5) stay drunk and high
    ..... this list could go on forever

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My yearbook quote was "I (Heart) Ice Cream" but I later found out that Charles Manson had that tattooed on his ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what the happened to free speech??

BTW i like the famouse bin laden quote "It hurts when I pipi"

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    I can understand some concern that these kids were reading Mein Kampf on their own, but the quotes themselves are perfectly good. They don't say anything that Plato, or a dozen other political philosophers have said in more or less words at some point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He attacked Russia, if that's not the sign of a fool, i don't know what is.
    He attacked Russia in winter, that was his downfall. Besides, I'm not just talking strategist. The man gathered the pieces of what was a beaten and demoralised Germany and created one the most powerful military forces ever assembled. It took a coalition of world superpowers to end his campaign, and even then, his demise was more related on mistakes on his part than anything else. The man was a horrible human being, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking he was dumb, because he was anything but.

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    anyone else see that special on the history channel or some where they were talking about the only tape to have hitler's voice talking privately? it was pretty interesting. the control the nazi media had over every public appearance was insane.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The man was a horrible human being, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking he was dumb, because he was anything but.

Well he is dumb to me. Anyone who can actually beleive the white race is superior is gotta be a dumb piece of in my book.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well he is dumb to me. Anyone who can actually beleive the white race is superior is gotta be a dumb piece of in my book.
    that is ignorance not stupidity

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He attacked Russia in winter, that was his downfall. Besides, I'm not just talking strategist. The man gathered the pieces of what was a beaten and demoralised Germany and created one the most powerful military forces ever assembled. It took a coalition of world superpowers to end his campaign, and even then, his demise was more related on mistakes on his part than anything else. The man was a horrible human being, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking he was dumb, because he was anything but.
    well maybe it was winter in Argentina, but it was summer in Europe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    well maybe it was winter in Argentina, but it was summer in Europe.
    No...Hitler's campaign started later than he wanted and he was still in Russia during the winter which is why he got owned. Maybe if he hadn't split half his troops to take the oil down south...who knows. He ed up big time. The man was a damn genius, but he lacked some common sense.

Thread Information