Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Terrible.. hopefully you go 80 MPH+ into a light pole and you and the dog are both burned beyond recognition

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    looks like RD2191 may be the latest to go stealth banned

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I think putting the dogs in the way of peril in the first place means you don't really love the dog. It's like an owner who lives against the foothill leaving a smallish/mid sized dog in the backyard and wondering why a coyote of mountain lion snatched up a snack. She didn't make the best decision, nor did the soon-to-be husband object and say hey, maybe we should leave the dog(s) behind?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Assuming the dogs were unleashed.
    Another misjudgment by her and hubby.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bombs .

Brazilian model’s husband will be charged over her drowning death

Initial reports noted the model had jumped into the ocean to save her two puppies but her family later denied that, saying the dogs were not on the boat.On Tuesday, they clarified, saying the pooches were onboard but hadn’t caused the tragic drowning.
    Jorge Sestini, 37, is accused of setting sail on a 16-foot catamaran with his wife, Caroline Bittencourt, near Sao Paulo on April 29 despite a forecast of dangerously high winds that reached more than 60 mph, police sources said.The 37-year-old model, who also worked as a TV presenter, likely wasn’t wearing a life jacket when she was pulled from the vessel, according to local detectives.
    Sestini — who jumped into the ocean after her in a failed rescue attempt — will be hit with criminal charges for “negligently” putting her life at risk, according to the detectives.
    “We believe Jorge risked the life of Caroline and himself when he apparently ignored warnings about the impending bad weather,” São Sebastião Civil Police detective Vanderley Pagliarini said.

Leonardo Oliveira, owner of the marina where the couple set sail, told police he warned Sestini twice not to depart, Pagliarini said.
    “It appears Leonardo warned Jorge on two separate occasions about the conditions at sea and about tempestuous winds in the channel through which he would have had to navigate on his return journey,” Pagliarini said.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/07/brazil...ergnet_4079768

Last edited by MultiTroll; 05-15-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow, so husband wanted her dead?
    Framing her to look like a dog loon too.
    Or did he, since he jumped in too? Or was he a fantastic swimmer and knew she was not?

This is some ID Channel stuff now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Wear your life jackets.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bombs .

Initial reports noted the model had jumped into the ocean to save her two puppies but her family later denied that, saying the dogs were not on the boat.On Tuesday, they clarified, saying the pooches were onboard but hadn’t caused the tragic drowning.
    Jorge Sestini, 37, is accused of setting sail on a 16-foot catamaran with his wife, Caroline Bittencourt, near Sao Paulo on April 29 despite a forecast of dangerously high winds that reached more than 60 mph, police sources said.The 37-year-old model, who also worked as a TV presenter, likely wasn’t wearing a life jacket when she was pulled from the vessel, according to local detectives.
    Sestini — who jumped into the ocean after her in a failed rescue attempt — will be hit with criminal charges for “negligently” putting her life at risk, according to the detectives.
    “We believe Jorge risked the life of Caroline and himself when he apparently ignored warnings about the impending bad weather,” São Sebastião Civil Police detective Vanderley Pagliarini said.

Leonardo Oliveira, owner of the marina where the couple set sail, told police he warned Sestini twice not to depart, Pagliarini said.
    “It appears Leonardo warned Jorge on two separate occasions about the conditions at sea and about tempestuous winds in the channel through which he would have had to navigate on his return journey,” Pagliarini said.

Wow, so husband wanted her dead?
    Framing her to look like a dog loon too.
    Or did he, since he jumped in too? Or was he a fantastic swimmer and knew she was not?

This is some ID Channel stuff now.
    Damn. I actually thought about this as a what if the other day.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The worst kind of dog lovers are the types that adopt an animal from the shelter and really can't stop using the word "rescue" to dress up the animal's "dog-from-the-pound" stigma and prop up their totally awesome, and superior, moral standing.

God, I hate that . To quote a funnier man:

"I hate when I ask what kind of a dog it is and they respond, "Oh, it's a rescue!" Really? I thought it looked like a French Poodle, dumbass".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The worst kind of dog lovers are the types that adopt an animal from the shelter and really can't stop using the word "rescue" to dress up the animal's "dog-from-the-pound" stigma and prop up their totally awesome, and superior, moral standing.

God, I hate that . To quote a funnier man:

"I hate when I ask what kind of a dog it is and they respond, "Oh, it's a rescue!" Really? I thought it looked like a French Poodle, dumbass".
    Good god...who would rescue a French Poodle.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good god...who would rescue a French Poodle.

They're ing awesome dogs. One of the smartest breeds. Personally, I'd want a Labradoodle, my neighbor has one and it's the most incredible dog.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They're ing awesome dogs. One of the smartest breeds. Personally, I'd want a Labradoodle, my neighbor has one and it's the most incredible dog.
    They just look so weird. Especially if they're groomed for show. Although I suppose that wouldn't be one you would find in a shelter.
    But when I hear French Poodle, I think of this

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They just look so weird. Especially if they're groomed for show. Although I suppose that wouldn't be one you would find in a shelter.
    But when I hear French Poodle, I think of this

Behind that haircut is one of the smartest, coolest ing dogs on the planet.

There are dogs that look cool (bulldogs and bullies, etc.) but are pets that will die soon. Poodles are the reverse- some make them look stupid, but are smarter than Labs and the German breeds, and live as long. Easy to train to hunt, swim, protect and take in public.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Behind that haircut is one of the smartest, coolest ing dogs on the planet.

There are dogs that look cool (bulldogs and bullies, etc.) but are pets that will die soon. Poodles are the reverse- some make them look stupid, but are smarter than Labs and the German breeds, and live as long. Easy to train to hunt, swim, protect and take in public.
    Personally, I don't think bulldogs look very cool. But I get it...to each his own. And anyone that wants to adopt a dog, more power to them.

I've got an Aussie/Pyranees mix that's probably the smartest dog I've had. Plus cool looking imo.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Personally, I don't think bulldogs look very cool. But I get it...to each his own. And anyone that wants to adopt a dog, more power to them.

I've got an Aussie/Pyranees mix that's probably the smartest dog I've had. Plus cool looking imo.

Great Pyrenees are awesome! We had one that we "rescued" (friend was going to take him to the Pound) and he was great. He just didn't jibe with our black Lab and got beat up when he tried to muscle in on Vader's food bowl.

They had separate food bowls and were completely fine all the other time but Angus kept going after Vader's food and Vader would beat him up. Eventually Angus ran away and we found him at the pound a few days later and it ended up a happy ending as his original owner had a change of heart and took him home til he died of old age!

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think putting the dogs in the way of peril in the first place means you don't really love the dog. It's like an owner who lives against the foothill leaving a smallish/mid sized dog in the backyard and wondering why a coyote of mountain lion snatched up a snack. She didn't make the best decision, nor did the soon-to-be husband object and say hey, maybe we should leave the dog(s) behind?
    That's where I'm at on this. Of course, i suppose that I should allow for the possibility of owners like these loving their dogs but just being massively stupid ... regardless, there is a certain type of person who simply should not be allowed to take responsibility for a helpless animal (or child, for that matter).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great Pyrenees are awesome! We had one that we "rescued" (friend was going to take him to the Pound) and he was great. He just didn't jibe with our black Lab and got beat up when he tried to muscle in on Vader's food bowl.

They had separate food bowls and were completely fine all the other time but Angus kept going after Vader's food and Vader would beat him up. Eventually Angus ran away and we found him at the pound a few days later and it ended up a happy ending as his original owner had a change of heart and took him home til he died of old age!
    Did you have Vader first? Our Pyrenees mix was about 4 when we adopted an Aussie/Collie mix. Both female. And it was rough at first because the younger dog (Molly) had no idea of any boundaries. And if she even got close to Coco (the older dog) while she was eating, Coco would just go nuts and go after her. Eventually Molly would fight back instead of just defer and we were almost at the point of having to find a new owner. But over time, Molly went back to being the beta and now backs off.
    But that was crazy. It's way harder to separate two fighting dogs than I thought.

But yeah...Pyrenees are great dogs. They're pretty common for adoption where I live as lots of people have them to protect cows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bombs .

This was my first thought when I read this story tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did you have Vader first? Our Pyrenees mix was about 4 when we adopted an Aussie/Collie mix. Both female. And it was rough at first because the younger dog (Molly) had no idea of any boundaries. And if she even got close to Coco (the older dog) while she was eating, Coco would just go nuts and go after her. Eventually Molly would fight back instead of just defer and we were almost at the point of having to find a new owner. But over time, Molly went back to being the beta and now backs off.
    But that was crazy. It's way harder to separate two fighting dogs than I thought.

But yeah...Pyrenees are great dogs. They're pretty common for adoption where I live as lots of people have them to protect cows.
    Yeah, we had Vader first. He was another poor soul about to be shipped off by his first owner, so we took him in. He was definitely the alpha. And they were hard to separate but generally broke it up when sprayed with the water hose.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1st read of story I also thought hmmmn sounds fishy. Wondered if hubby found a reason to lose her.
    Or is this an ID Channel drama whereupon she was in on fake death for insurance $$.

Let's see what happens next.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Sounds like he was a dumbass more than anything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Leaves behind a 17 year old daughter.
    Daughter seems to be buying the "it was an accident" story. From what I can gather, it's her step father and not bio father.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Reports that Caroline Bittencourt jumped into the sea to rescue her two dogs have been strongly denied by her family and corrected by port authorities." and separate article:

On Sunday, however, (daughter) Isabelle issued another statement on Instagram on behalf of her and Sestini’s families, clarifying about the incident and explained that harsh winds — not the dogs — were the reason that her mother had fallen into the rocky waters.
    “Approximately halfway through, they were surprised by very strong winds (bursts that went from 125km/h according to official records),” she explained. “These winds hurled Caroline and her two dogs to the sea.”
    Despite the “super turbulent” and “very bad visibility” conditions, Isabelle said, “her husband immediately jumped into the sea to rescue her!”

So who the f made up the 'going after the dogs' story?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Officially not the dogs.
    Husband will be charged.

Captain of São Sebastião Port Authority Wagner Goulart de Souza told
    The Sun
    . He explained further that “Jorge said his wife was swept out to sea after winds of more than 100kmh [62 mph] hit the boat (a 16.5 foot-long catamaran). It appears that due to the force of the winds and the high seas, Caroline was thrown into the sea.” At the time, some news outlets were reporting that Bittencourt had jumped into the water in order to save her dogs who had been washed overboard but authorities denied that claim. De Souza said “We have no information that she jumped in to rescue her dogs.”

https://www.yourtango.com/2019324330/who-jorge-sestini-new-details-model-caroline-bittencourts-husband-and-how-he-has-been-charged

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn. I actually thought about this as a what if the other day.
    Theories?

Thread Information