Post Count
    Marked with ELE stamp.
    you have no standing. u created this thread

you shine shoes in here thats it and thats all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah

well unless they open up but IMO if it cases e to that level theyl shut us down again and this time it will be enforced with penalty of jail

so hopefully that does not happen as that means we could be on mandatory shutdown from Aug-Jan 2021

then you can expect riots on the streets

more likely states will slowly open up and well be at around 120k deaths by Aug
    40+ states are already opening or about to?...Looks like a normal day everytime I go out.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah

well unless they open up but IMO if it cases e to that level theyl shut us down again and this time it will be enforced with penalty of jail

so hopefully that does not happen as that means we could be on mandatory shutdown from Aug-Jan 2021

then you can expect riots on the streets

more likely states will slowly open up and well be at around 120k deaths by Aug
    Why would you think there would be any more shutdowns? Mnuchin can still do the $500 million corporate bailout 8 more times under the rules of the gold plated corporate bailout + crumbs for human Americans deal that got signed into law. Trump's real cons uency already got paid, nothing else matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you think there would be any more shutdowns? Mnuchin can still do the $500 million corporate bailout 8 more times under the rules of the gold plated corporate bailout + crumbs for human Americans deal that got signed into law. Trump's real cons uency already got paid, nothing else matters.
    easy

food shortages, bodies piling on the streets, rise in crime and inability to go get medical treatments will take care of initiating a 2nd more brutal shutdown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll be around 175k by August
    that seems pretty high tbh. im no epidemiologist or statistician, but there does appear to be a slow/downward trend. you really think we're going to have an approximate tripling of deaths?

of course, barring large scale premature re-openings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that seems pretty high tbh. im no epidemiologist or statistician, but there does appear to be a slow/downward trend. you really think we're going to have an approximate tripling of deaths?

With lockdowns it's not like the death rate had slowed down a lot. I don't think it's so crazy to expect a tripling of the death count in three months now thay we're going the Sweden route. I wouldn't predict it since it's skill kind of unknown what effect the increased temperature would have, but if it doesn't stop it much 175k doesn't exactly sound unreasonable if we don't go into hard lockdowns again this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    200k by the end of the year for sure tho', tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you have no standing. u created this thread

you shine shoes in here thats it and thats all
    The can I say; that is it & that is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The can I say; that is it & that is all.
    You can say matte, even Chong Li had to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With lockdowns it's not like the death rate had slowed down a lot. I don't think it's so crazy to expect a tripling of the death count in three months now thay we're going the Sweden route. I wouldn't predict it since it's skill kind of unknown what effect the increased temperature would have, but if it doesn't stop it much 175k doesn't exactly sound unreasonable if we don't go into hard lockdowns again this summer.
    Be happy to predict it. We will ease up and get the rest of the country infected. Prisons, meatpacking plants, and who knows what else have seeded places that will be primed to explode.

Just eyeballing it, new few texas counties look like no cases at all.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

Places that do have high incidences like Mason Texas, are surrounded by "empty" counties. Even tho the sheer number of cases is small, only 24, the "per capita" rates are sky high.

Be interesting to see mortality figures for the US, and simply start ignoring the official "Covid" count.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would call Georgia and Texas large scale premature re-openings by any definition. The leaked FEMA projection and the one Wharton came out with are chilling. I just want to know the numbers our Dear Leaders are using when they decide it's OK to roll the dice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine this

Assume there is a proven c19 vaccine by end of the year, then will all the Ms of anti-stay-home assholes PLUS the anti-vax assholes, all refuse to be vaccinated?

because "C19 is just like the flu" and "I won't be vaxed because I was committed to re-open back in April"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fyi worldometer has added a 3-day moving average to all of their charts, which is quite nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's an inexact science obviously, but with the backlog of infections, the still crazy 30k/day new infections, and the bleed out rate I read it as something like:

1500/day in May
    1200/day in June
    700/day in July

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an inexact science obviously, but with the backlog of infections, the still crazy 30k/day new infections, and the bleed out rate I read it as something like:

1500/day in May
    1200/day in June
    700/day in July
    1200 a day in June is probably fantasy when the newest internal White House projection seems to be 3000 a day by June 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1200 a day in June is probably fantasy when the newest internal White House projection seems to be 3000 a day by June 1st.
    Well yeah, this assumes continued downward trajectory like Spain and Italy are on. If the US s this up and we haven't peaked yet, the numbers skyrocket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even that ty IHME model is now 135k by early August last update on April 29 was 72k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, this assumes continued downward trajectory like Spain and Italy are on. If the US s this up and we haven't peaked yet, the numbers skyrocket.
    I always found the talk in the media about us peaking last month to be ing insanity when the shutdown wasn't used to start ramping up for testing and contact tracing, especially once Dear Leader saw on Fox News that "the cure can't be worse than the disease" and that he should open the country. A third month wasted by Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always found the talk in the media about us peaking last month to be ing insanity when the shutdown wasn't used to start ramping up for testing and contact tracing, especially once Dear Leader saw on Fox News that "the cure can't be worse than the disease" and that he should open the country. A third month wasted by Trump.
    Valid point, the "noise" we see in the US numbers compared to Italy/Spain is a bit frightening. They both had a consistent downward trajectory whereas US seems to be bouncing (that 3 day moving average is quite useful on worldometer charts). If we don't follow their trend, things are impossible to predict. Thus far, they have consistently shown to be 3-4 weeks ahead in daily death trends making it possible to predict US numbers through simple extrapolation. But the last 10-14 days doesn't look good, bucks the trend...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consensus on actual models, not that ty IHME, are 110-122k by June 10

https://www.covidanalytics.io/projections
    https://covid-19.bsvgateway.org/
    https://covid19-projections.com/us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus spares one neighborhood but ravages the next.

Race and class spell the difference.

Coronavirus rates vary dramatically from one neighborhood to another,

based in part on race and income

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...it/3042630001/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shooting for 75K in NY alone by November.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (5 May 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 69,921
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guarantee we this up.

A certain amount of fatigue sets in, and Trump Death Cult pushing to re-open. Prison populations and meat-packing plants have already seeded the next wave.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Update (5 May 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 69,921
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...
    Thread if your boy gets to 100K before November he’s in trouble.

Thread Information