Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a clear number 2 player that goes along with our role players. Ironically the Mavs May have shown us the way to contention but they just ed it up. Draft a superstar (duh) and then trade the farm (picks wise) for a #2 player that is disgruntled and hopefully keep a Derick White and that would be a solid 3 player/creator
    DJ Murrays incremental progress is encouraging. I had him at Prime Kawhi Lite ceiling as a rookie. Ok he's got a long way to go to get there, but if he keeps up his rate of growth and rate of physical growth i still think Lite is possible. Bear in mind he's had possibly the worst coach in the league including forcing him to play an entire season with Brynn Forms as a backcourt mate. Also horribly misplaced as soley a pg when it's obvious he's more of a 2 and even a 2-3 vs smaller lineups.

White if he could stay on the court. Between DJ and white they make a good 2B to a star.

It's really hard to say how much further along all three would be if Grandpa dictator had not been absolutely wasting time and progress with Pet Patty, Bryn Bryn and Pet Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are allot of good coaches out there now, if Pop doesn't announce what his plans are soon its kind of like he would be holding the franchise hostage
    Like he hasn't already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a class act and will wait until the end of the NBA season to announce anything. I am betting he has coached his last Spurs game. Hate to see him go but time waits for nobody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a class act and will wait until the end of the NBA season to announce anything. I am betting he has coached his last Spurs game. Hate to see him go but time waits for nobody.
    How is waiting until the end of the NBA season
    classy

So as not to take attention away from the playoffs? Uh, i guess IF Becky is already the choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in watching the playoffs, i've noticed that a lot of teams have really awful supporting casts to help their superstar whereas the spurs have a solid supporting cast but no superstar.
    That's exactly it, and it ing sucks. We've been hearing it and seeing it all playoffs long, almost each series.

Dame has no help. Embiid has no help. Jokic has no help (well Murray was out with injury, but still). And so on. And right over here in SanAn, we've got all the help you could need, and further assets to get you some extra help if what we have isn't enough.... But no. We just have to be such an unattractive FA market, that most stars, nevermind superstars, would laugh at the idea of willingly forcing a trade to the Spurs rather than entertain the thought. Oh, but not before saying what a classy org we have, how much they respect Pop, and all that .

I know I should be used to it by now, but it's still annoying, and I don't feel a lot of pity for those stars crying for help, only to try to force their way to the top 3 good climate destinations any chance they get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly it, and it ing sucks. We've been hearing it and seeing it all playoffs long, almost each series.

Dame has no help. Embiid has no help. Jokic has no help (well Murray was out with injury, but still). And so on. And right over here in SanAn, we've got all the help you could need, and further assets to get you some extra help if what we have isn't enough.... But no. We just have to be such an unattractive FA market, that most stars, nevermind superstars, would laugh at the idea of willingly forcing a trade to the Spurs rather than entertain the thought. Oh, but not before saying what a classy org we have, how much they respect Pop, and all that .

I know I should be used to it by now, but it's still annoying, and I don't feel a lot of pity for those stars crying for help, only to try to force their way to the top 3 good climate destinations any chance they get.
    Demar if he's signing back, needs to recruit other players and force their way to San Antonio. I don't know if Kyle Lowry would be ideal at his age. Maybe trade either White/Murray plus Poeltl and pick(s) to get a Zion. I don't know. It just that Pop is not the gambling man, and would rather build up. But right now it is a lot of scattered pieces. I feel that Pop is reluctant to move on until the Spurs are compe ive. I also hope he stays to get that all-time winningest coach within reach, and shove in Phil Jackson's face as he GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly-although i will give credit to giannis and damon for staying put.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this ends up true, my sense is the delay is he'll wait until after the Olympics to announce it so as to not have to deal with the added attention it'd otherwise cause and that a succession plan is already in order and it will be Hardy.

If it were going to be Hammon, we probably wouldn't constantly be hearing hear name in the mix for so many openings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we just waiting for Bud to get fired? Bc the longer he waits the less candidates will be available and we may pick from the bottom of the barrel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this ends up true, my sense is the delay is he'll wait until after the Olympics to announce it so as to not have to deal with the added attention it'd otherwise cause and that a succession plan is already in order and it will be Hardy.

If it were going to be Hammon, we probably wouldn't constantly be hearing hear name in the mix for so many openings.
    Good point, Hardy was frequently mentioned for interviews with other teams last year along with Becky. Maybe this past season was an audition of sorts and Pop decided Hardy was the cream of the crop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Heard hardys name come up this off season. If spurs stay in house he probably gets a shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hardy and not Hammon is the successor, the national media will overlook probably the determining factor (seniority) and instead heap criticism on the Spurs.

Established, big money coaches, who can pick and choose, like Budenholzer, make no sense for a team early in a rebuild and vice versa. What does is going with a younger coach, especially one who's already established relationships with the youth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. I recall thinking to myself how much Hardy sounded so much like Pop (minus the assholery) in interviews when he was first hired on as an assistant coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can off already. Ticks me off watching some of these rookies step up in the playoffs while Greg will not even try. How ing easy is basketball really? Meaning it's not rocket science. You tell that rookie what his role will be and whats expected and bam.. let him play. Only caveat to this is that you should not expect a rookie to be the lead-role on the team. Outside of that, if you're first rounder you should be able to perform.

In the past I might have not considered this due to us winning and other teams rolling out rookies losing. Not the case now days. Pop gotta go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

maybe being in Austin would change our cache. Despite SA being a bigger city, Austin clearly has the cooler mystique.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ Murrays incremental progress is encouraging. I had him at Prime Kawhi Lite ceiling as a rookie. Ok he's got a long way to go to get there, but if he keeps up his rate of growth and rate of physical growth i still think Lite is possible. Bear in mind he's had possibly the worst coach in the league including forcing him to play an entire season with Brynn Forms as a backcourt mate. Also horribly misplaced as soley a pg when it's obvious he's more of a 2 and even a 2-3 vs smaller lineups.

White if he could stay on the court. Between DJ and white they make a good 2B to a star.

It's really hard to say how much further along all three would be if Grandpa dictator had not been absolutely wasting time and progress with Pet Patty, Bryn Bryn and Pet Aldridge.
    Im not sold on DJ until he starts making 3s. He is more of a mini-DDR than Kawhi. And idgaf about percentage (too much) but the guy needs to be taking more than 3 a game and making more than 1 a game. Although he did shoot a horrendous.317 percentage, if he upped it to like 6 a game and made 2.5 then that would help him overall. It frees up his midrange that he loves and also his drive to the hoop game

His feel for the game is a question mark. It does seem like you can learn it but some people have it and some people don’t. Does Murray have the smarts to pick it up? Idk but that comes with more reps. This is a make or break year for Murray in my eyes (not the Spurs) and will tell us the type of player he’s going to be. This might be his ceiling or maybe he becomes more like Jamal Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Utah choke makes me wonder how much X&O don't matter as much anymore. It's all about rotations and motivations. Silver is the worst CEO of NBA history. The game has become this 3 point chucking mess. There are like 5 max centers in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not sold on DJ until he starts making 3s. He is more of a mini-DDR than Kawhi. And idgaf about percentage (too much) but the guy needs to be taking more than 3 a game and making more than 1 a game. Although he did shoot a horrendous.317 percentage, if he upped it to like 6 a game and made 2.5 then that would help him overall. It frees up his midrange that he loves and also his drive to the hoop game

His feel for the game is a question mark. It does seem like you can learn it but some people have it and some people don’t. Does Murray have the smarts to pick it up? Idk but that comes with more reps. This is a make or break year for Murray in my eyes (not the Spurs) and will tell us the type of player he’s going to be. This might be his ceiling or maybe he becomes more like Jamal Murray?
    I always felt that Murray has Beverly like career with more intangibles. He seems like a natural leader. There are lots of players in the NBA that you could say 'if only he could shoot.'. Murray is one of them that turns into an all-star if he learns to shoot. The other stuff; feel for the game, that's the difference between all-stars and stars.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Utah choke makes me wonder how much X&O don't matter as much anymore. It's all about rotations and motivations. Silver is the worst CEO of NBA history. The game has become this 3 point chucking mess. There are like 5 max centers in the NBA.
    That's 5 max centers too many the way the game is played... Gobert was almost unplayable in stretches in the 2nd half and his contract going forward handicaps them to the point that they'll never seriously compete for a championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... if he upped it to like 6 a game and made 2.5 then that would help him overall. It frees up his midrange that he loves and also his drive to the hoop game
    That seems a little much to ask. 2.5/6 = .41666. This last year there were a total of 7 players who shot better than .416 from 3 on more than 6 attempts per game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seems a little much to ask. 2.5/6 = .41666. This last year there were a total of 7 players who shot better than .416 from 3 on more than 6 attempts per game...
    Ah then up it to 7. My point really is that I want him to attempt and make more 3s per game. Somewhere around 2 would be nice. I didn’t really do the stats on it

Bc Murray shoots a low number of free throws which hurts his game too. So he needs to improve somewhere. I mean once DDR leaves, I think our next highest FTA players is White at like 3.6 a game. More midrange from Murray isn’t the answer

Of course if Lonnie ever goes into contact instead of avoiding contact that would send him to the line like 7 a game. Nobody can stay with his first step. He needs Manu to teach him the tricks of the trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's 5 max centers too many the way the game is played... Gobert was almost unplayable in stretches in the 2nd half and his contract going forward handicaps them to the point that they'll never seriously compete for a championship.
    Gobert is an example of an analytics darling that doesn’t play out in the real world. He’s a great rim protector apparently but I feel like nobody is really scared of him. You look at the analytics and it’s like he holds opponents to 39% shooting around the rim all season long! And I’m like well how come they always get lit the up during playoffs? Bc his D is overrated and easily exploited. The Clippers shouldn’t be scoring 130 a game with no Kawhi. But you play small against Utah and make him guard the perimeter and then he becomes useless bc he can’t post anybody to save his life and make you pay offensively when you play small. Utah isn’t going anywhere with him on the floor. Cute regular season team.

Don should team up with Luka. That would be fun to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whelp no Bud for us…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whelp no Bud for us…

Will hardy ftw

Thread Information