San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But why male models?
    Think about it, Dex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed… on both statements
    You're a dumb with so many bad takes. Get the out of here with your wishy washy takes i.e. Vassell has a couple good games = “He’s Kawhi Leonard!” or the Spurs go on a winning streak = “we have the best team in the universe!” Or the Spurs go on a losing streak = “we need a top 5 pick!”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed… on both statements
    I disagree.
    Dejounte is one of the best posters here whether you agree with him, or not.

Maybe you guys either have forgotten, or weren't here when it was goobers like TGY and Dabom dominating the boards.
    This place was a hole.
    Dejounte elevates this place: right, or wrong.

You guys are good too. I enjoy y'all, but he doesn't deserve to be dogged.

Now you all can get back to your spat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree.
    Dejounte is one of the best posters here whether you agree with him, or not.

Maybe you guys either have forgotten, or weren't here when it was goobers like TGY and Dabom dominating the boards.
    This place was a hole.
    Dejounte elevates this place: right, or wrong.

You guys are good too. I enjoy y'all, but he doesn't deserve to be dogged.

Now you all can get back to your spat.
    Bruh I say it with humor. But this guy’s worst than a hall monitor and parking enforcer combined

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t need to be able to shoot threes at all. However, being able to hit a free throw range jump shot would make things much easier for himself and his teammates.
    No disagreements there.

But IMO, considering how "broken" his shooting form is, I would love to see him put that soft touch to use with a couple post moves, that let him use his height to just throw the ball towards the basket. He has no concept of a pump fake, for a basic example. I want him practicing hook shots, baby hook, floaters (he's already good at this but needs added versatility on getting it off), and just about any post move that isn't a straight up jump shot (which I think is a lost cause with him).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only attempted 168 over 1392 regular season games.
    Poodle has attempted 2 in 7 years.
    Of modern day 3 ball (comparitively speaking for old school and most Duncan era Centers.)

Hey, he made one. He's shooting 50%

Poodle needs to add something if he's going to be anything other then a pedestrian C on a .500 team.
    How'd he look vs the Jazz tonight? Ya.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked pretty good in the olympics. I think had the Spurs not already had him locked up by then we'd definitely of seen him in another NBA uniform, probably for a fatter deal.
    This . The boomers connection to spurs was a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryan Anderson during his Orlando and New Orleans days was a very good rebounder and a floor spacing big with a very good 3 pt shot. Check his numbers. https://www.basketball-reference.com...anderry01.html ..especially per 36 numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh I say it with humor. But this guy’s worst than a hall monitor and parking enforcer combined
    Lol! Right on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the little I know of Jock he has always looked to add to his game. He wasn’t always a 3pt ahooter, now he is looking to hit the weights more and lean out. San Antonio is probably the perfect place for him to grow if the work ethic is there. My understanding is there were some political reasons (agent/business impediments) keeping him from playing in the NBA sooner. He does remind me of a craftier, more athletic Bonner; floor stretching, not afraid to mix it up down-low, sound big man fundamentals ie. not afraid to do some dirty work and play physical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jock is listed number 7 on top NBA rookies by CBS. Who saw that coming?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there was time for Landale to get over a concussion and Covid.
    Forget it to some posters here those 2 issues never exists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the little I know of Jock he has always looked to add to his game. He wasn’t always a 3pt ahooter, now he is looking to hit the weights more and lean out. San Antonio is probably the perfect place for him to grow if the work ethic is there. My understanding is there were some political reasons (agent/business impediments) keeping him from playing in the NBA sooner. He does remind me of a craftier, more athletic Bonner; floor stretching, not afraid to mix it up down-low, sound big man fundamentals ie. not afraid to do some dirty work and play physical.
    That’s the key statement. He needs more conditioning and get stronger. He’s listed 7 footer in college, 7’2” wingspan and 256 lbs. I don’t doubt he has the work ethic to improve his game. He’s clawed his way and finally now in the NBA.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same for Duncan. Timmy only hit 30 threes in his 19-year career, 15 of which came between 2000-2003.

He only attempted 168 over 1392 regular season games...which comes out to 0.12 per game. He could shoot them, he just knew that wasn't his bread and butter.

Still, that didn't stop him from being able to hit one of the biggest threes in Spurs history when he drained it against the Suns in 2008 to send Game 1 to double-overtime and ultimately a victory.

That said...he didn't start chucking up threes after that just because he hit one huge shot. All players should play to their strengths instead of just jumping on the Steph Curry bandwagon.
    A decent number of Duncan's 3 attempts were also end of quarter heaves off a defensive rebound that I am sure we're more than half goofing off.

Thread Information