Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie didn't even get the shot off in time. Terrible play called by Pop out of timeout but other than that this was a fun game to watch.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird how Landale is now the designated inbounder in the clutch. The guy is not good in that role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs played well. Great game Lonnie. And yes KBD with 10 pts is not bad.
    In 37 minutes. You are slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good fight from the team overall. If there is anything such as a moral victory, this is it...a bunch of bench players and GLeaguers hanging with two Top 10 players (and arguably the best in the league with Durant) on their home court.

Murray continues to disappoint me in crunch time. I don't give a about his trip-dubs if he can't be counted on to close games, and he continues to shrink in the big moments. Missed shots, not running offense....just overall, not pretty.

7/22 is not going to cut it if he wants to consider himself a star player. At this point, he is just becoming a lesser version of DeRozan.

Add another loss on the tank tally, I suppose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good fight from the team overall. If there is anything such as a moral victory, this is it...a bunch of bench players and GLeaguers hanging with two Top 10 players (and arguably the best in the league with Durant) on their home court.

Murray continues to disappoint me in crunch time. I don't give a about his trip-dubs if he can't be counted on to close games, and he continues to shrink in the big moments. At this point, he is just becoming a lesser version of DeRozan.

Add another loss on the tank tally, I suppose.
    He literally has to do EVERYTHING.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 37 minutes. You are slow.
    I waited for the game to finish . But seriously KBD is way better defender at PF that’s all I’m asking. This could easily be ally-op feast on Poeltl all night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He literally has to do EVERYTHING.
    Boo hoo. Maybe he should do it better if he wants to call his own number at the end of games.

We were better off with Lonnie Walker, Jakob Poeltl, and a 19-year old rookie taking shots in the final minutes of the game than we were with Murray.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder which Spurs team will show up against the Knicks tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good loss tbh. The tank rolls on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Primo getting this many minutes. More of this Pop. Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knowing the Hyde and Jekyll Spurs, they get buried tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably some tired legs late in the game but the Knicks aren’t very good so could win that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo hoo. Maybe he should do it better if he wants to call his own number at the end of games.

We were better off with Lonnie Walker, Jakob Poeltl, and a 19-year old rookie taking shots in the final minutes of the game than we were with Murray.
    The same Lonnie who missed four shots in overtime? Primo, who was even less efficient? Such trash posts. You clearly have no understanding of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome game to watch.

Primo's shot wasn't falling but he's earned some trust with Pop considering he was there to end the 4th and in overtime. He was moving and competing on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie should be the closer. He's the best iso scorer on this team. DJ still has to work on that. Primo and Ca were great tonight. KBD played some good D. Lonnie was aggressive. A lot of positives in this moral victory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Walker forced a pass when he had a bucket on the break on that final play. Jak had a BAD offensive foul on the last Spurs possession in regular time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has made the most clutch shots this year that has resulted in wins that I can think of tbh on that fast break Lonnie gave the ball up to Murray because he didn’t want it lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Primo getting this many minutes. More of this Pop. Please.
    Agree. Wish he could start scoring a bit more though. Make it impossible for Pop to bench him when everybody comes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo gained more experience in this game alone than he has in the 12 G league games he has played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good loss tbh. The tank rolls on.
    Sad but true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray’s inefficiency therein lies in his inability to make layup shots. You want him to take those. His FG% drops when he misses five of those gimmes a game. He’s not chucking up boneheaded midrange shots, like the stupid narrative Dex is pushing. You want your players to take shots that they should be taken. If Murray crossed over a guy and cleared a lot of space that way, take that ing shot. If Murray is right there in the paint and has an opportunity for the layup, take the ing shot. You live with those shots. It’s dumb as to blame Murray for taking those shots, and that’s ignoring the fact that there’s six guys out and that Murray has to fill that gap somehow with the lack of talent in the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray’s inefficiency therein lies in his inability to make layup shots. You want him to take those. His FG% drops when he misses five of those gimmes a game. He’s not chucking up boneheaded midrange shots, like the stupid narrative Dex is pushing. You want your players to take shots that they should be taken. If Murray crossed over a guy and cleared a lot of space that way, take that ing shot. If Murray is right there in the paint and has an opportunity for the layup, take the ing shot. You live with those shots. It’s dumb as to blame Murray for taking those shots, and that’s ignoring the fact that there’s six guys out and that Murray has to fill that gap somehow with the lack of talent in the rotation.
    He is also balancing me first vs playmaking with guys who can’t make shots at the best of time. Additionally, if I’m Murray why am I rewarding guys who can’t check their own man or play help defense 50% of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is also balancing me first vs playmaking with guys who can’t make shots at the best of time. Additionally, if I’m Murray why am I rewarding guys who can’t check their own man or play help defense 50% of the time.
    It’s almost like some guys here want the poison mentality of being too passive to be spread among all players on the team. “Let’s downplay Murray’s contributions because I want to focus everything entirely on his FG%! the fact he keeps the team compe ive, the fact that he sets the tone on defense along with Poeltl, and the fact that he pushes the pace and forces the players on offense to stay on their toes instead of being complacent all game.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same Lonnie who missed four shots in overtime? Primo, who was even less efficient? Such trash posts. You clearly have no understanding of the game.
    Yes, the same Lonnie who scored the first 12 points of the game when the team was floundering to find offense, and who finished with a season high 25 on 9/20 shooting.

Yes, the same Lonnie who scored 11 points in the 4th/OT quarter to keep the Spurs alive.

And yes, the same Primo who hit the clutch three with 41 seconds left to help send the Spurs to overtime (which was, by the way, assisted by Walker).

Meanwhile, Murray in the 4th/OT...1/8 FG, 2/2 FT, 1 TO, 2 fouls...4 points, no assists.

I know you want to defend your namesake, but I actually watched the game and am not just looking at the box score.

Not only did Murray shoot 7/22 which is something we would have roasted guys like Kobe for, but he was a non-factor in the end of the game. This has been a problem for a while now.

The Spurs don't need a lesser version of Westbrook. And no, I don't buy "but he's having to try harder because guys are out!" as an excuse.
    Last edited by Dex; 01-09-2022 at 03:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, wish I could've seen this one. Glad it was another moral victory tbh; keep that tank on track.

Thread Information