Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Poor BlaKKKe... Visit the gay bars bro if you want some man to give you the attention you seek. IDGAF about you bro dead or alive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Poor BlaKKKe... Visit the gay bars bro if you want some man to give you the attention you seek. IDGAF about you bro dead or alive.
    You're seeking mono's attention and you think he's really fat. Have you tried visiting Baskin Robbins?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    We can spend all day nitpicking The Batman, but trust me, the Nolan movies are infinitely more nitpickable
    One thing that really bugs me in Nolan’s movies - not just Batman, even his other films - is when someone is talking and they switch to a sideway angle the character’s mouth is shut, like some cheap voiceover

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    \_/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    people saying it was Se7en but Batman need to be punished somehow. Past the visuals, it was god awful. What a mess of a script. If a character wasn't boring, they were inconsistent. What a shame to waste such a great set of actors too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    people saying it was Se7en but Batman need to be punished somehow. Past the visuals, it was god awful. What a mess of a script. If a character wasn't boring, they were inconsistent. What a shame to waste such a great set of actors too
    I don't think people comparing it to Seven are necessarily referring to its quality. You can't deny the similarities.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don't think people comparing it to Seven are necessarily referring to its quality. You can't deny the similarities.
    yup it definitely had a Se7en vibe

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I don’t know how you could have seen Seven/Zodiac and The Batman and not conclude that Matt Reeves was borrowing very heavily from Fincher. Down to the scene where they’re reading from Riddler’s giant library of journals, I half expected them to read a passage where he vomits on a subway passenger.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don’t know how you could have seen Seven/Zodiac and The Batman and not conclude that Matt Reeves was borrowing very heavily from Fincher. Down to the scene where they’re reading from Riddler’s giant library of journals, I half expected them to read a passage where he vomits on a subway passenger.
    Reeves himself said in an interview he borrowed from those movies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    either Reeves had no control of the script, or he's a bad director. The Fincher inspiration buzz had me expecting the movie to have taken cues from more than just art direction and basic plot devices. Had to order a double shot after one of those first scenes when Bruce underlines 'push myself' in his diary, followed by the 'youre not my dad!' line to Alfred.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This was a bad crime thriller and a boring Batman movie. I was disappointed. Maybe I’ll feel differently on a second watch but if you’re going to make a crime drama it needs to keep my attention rather than pander to lore. Just boring to be quite honest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

I like. Story is slow, long scenes and dark. Some emo. Added new scenes for the story. Some different and more negative. I score 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How dark is this compared to the Heath Ledger one?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    How dark is this compared to the Heath Ledger one?
    There's nothing the kids have to cover their eyes for. I'm not even sure I saw blood spilled.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There's nothing the kids have to cover their eyes for. I'm not even sure I saw blood spilled.
    Don't remember seeing blood spilled in Nolan's movies either

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    College
    Clemson Tigers
    who was that one kid who almost killed himself after posting about seeing TDK 50 times opening month and had pages and pages of posts about Ledger? damn feels like an eternity ago
    Either ShagiaFrost or peewee’s lovechild. One of them specifically mentioned giving TDK a teary-eyed standing ovation at the end credits

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Don't remember seeing blood spilled in Nolan's movies either
    Huh, it's been a while since I've been seen the Nolan flicks but I guess you're right, no blood. I recall the joker stabbing someone in the eye with a pencil but don't recall how gory that scene was. I guess it wasn't.

Neither is this new Batman movie. It's only dark because Gotham has perpetual bad weather.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Huh, it's been a while since I've been seen the Nolan flicks but I guess you're right, no blood. I recall the joker stabbing someone in the eye with a pencil but don't recall how gory that scene was. I guess it wasn't.

Neither is this new Batman movie. It's only dark because Gotham has perpetual bad weather.
    The pencil scene isn’t gory at all tbh

Gotham looked dark because if the weather tbh but it’s by far the best looking Gotham in any Batman movie tbh, shooting this movie in Liverpool was a great idea

Also, using a anamorphic camera lens was a great idea

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Either ShagiaFrost or peewee’s lovechild. One of them specifically mentioned giving TDK a teary-eyed standing ovation at the end credits
    Peewee that's the guy lololololololol he jacked it to Heath Ledger so ing hard
    Good memory

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So this made it on HBO Max. Currently watching.

About 50 minutes in, I'm bored and posting here about it.

When does it get good? I mean, it's not bad per se but a lot of talking thus far. Maybe too long.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10721036[/URL]]So this made it on HBO Max. Currently watching.

About 50 minutes in, I'm bored and posting here about it.

When does it get good? I mean, it's not bad per se but a lot of talking thus far. Maybe too long.
    Bend over, I’ll in show you too long.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I’ll in show you too long.
    Thread is currently online, talk to him about maybe bending over.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This movie is not for people with short attention span tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was hoping this one would be good. It was nearly three hours of "just okay."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    The Venn Diagram of “posters who don’t like The Batman” and “posters ranting and whining about Amber Heard in the other thread” is damn near a circle

Thread Information