Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White was a good trade.

Boston was looking like it was falling in the standings and the draft pick was looking good then Boston turned it around and started winning and the draft pick lost value
    but when the trade was made it was a good trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White was a good trade.

Boston was looking like it was falling in the standings and the draft pick was looking good then Boston turned it around and started winning and the draft pick lost value
    but when the trade was made it was a good trade.
    I still think it's a good trade even with the Celtics pick being a late first rounder. White was never going to be anything special for the Spurs and they were able to dump his contract along with getting a solid player that fits their system in Jrich. At worst I feel the Spurs broke even with this trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't forget the swap. That one could be big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't forget the swap. That one could be big
    I still think we flip JRich to a contender for a FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 min 0 points 1 assist 2 rebounds.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 min 0 points 1 assist 2 rebounds.
    Spurs entire team in the 2022 western conference finals,,,0 points 0 assists 0 rebounds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White’s advanced analytics were through the roof in that blowout win in game 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed, the returns on the package will grow. Might even be able to salvage something from Romeo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed, the returns on the package will grow. Might even be able to salvage something from Romeo.
    I’d like to see Langford get some burn when healthy but I think he will be a likely training camp decision, espwcially if we draft all 4 picks this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs entire team in the 2022 western conference finals,,,0 points 0 assists 0 rebounds
    How many minutes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to see Langford get some burn when healthy but I think he will be a likely training camp decision, espwcially if we draft all 4 picks this year.
    He was drafted as a scorer out of IU, yet morphed himself into a defender when that was his only path that minutes. I’d like to see him for a season. He could be the mulligan we get for ing up the Lonnie pick.

I doubt we draft and keep all 4 picks. Like 1% chance. The bar is pretty low for a throw in to a trade. If he can become an end of rotation player who can defend at a plus level, and score a bit unassisted, he’s absolutely worth his year 4 salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was drafted as a scorer out of IU, yet morphed himself into a defender when that was his only path that minutes. I’d like to see him for a season. He could be the mulligan we get for ing up the Lonnie pick.

I doubt we draft and keep all 4 picks. Like 1% chance. The bar is pretty low for a throw in to a trade. If he can become an end of rotation player who can defend at a plus level, and score a bit unassisted, he’s absolutely worth his year 4 salary.
    I don’t think the goal is to use all 4 picks but they may have to versus dumping them. Hopefully a few of those later picks help facilitate a broader deal that may include McD, JRich or even Jak. If we draft at all 4 it just pushes out the some of G leaguers, Weiskamp, KBD and/or Landale who are fringe NBA players to begin with.

I have yet to see a single comment from Pop on Langford. He was a highly touted HS player once upon a time but has had little success since. He seems more like a Chriss or Hutchison contract than someone who actually has a shot at having a shot with us but with that being said I’m all for giving him a chance as I’m indifferent between Primo, Vassell and Langford. Don’t think any of these guys are more than career backups. Put them all in comp next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the goal is to use all 4 picks but they may have to versus dumping them. Hopefully a few of those later picks help facilitate a broader deal that may include McD, JRich or even Jak. If we draft at all 4 it just pushes out the some of G leaguers, Weiskamp, KBD and/or Landale who are fringe NBA players to begin with.

I have yet to see a single comment from Pop on Langford. He was a highly touted HS player once upon a time but has had little success since. He seems more like a Chriss or Hutchison contract than someone who actually has a shot at having a shot with us but with that being said I’m all for giving him a chance as I’m indifferent between Primo, Vassell and Langford. Don’t think any of these guys are more than career backups. Put them all in comp next year.
    If you think Keldon made a big jump in year 3, wait for vassell’s. He’s already a 3 level scorer who defends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Keldon made a big jump in year 3, wait for vassell’s. He’s already a 3 level scorer who defends.
    Vassell had a strong finish to the season. I see both on a similar D White trajectory currently. Hope they can take that next leap by year 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell had a strong finish to the season. I see both on a similar D White trajectory currently. Hope they can take that next leap by year 4.
    WTF? White started very strong for two years, better than either of them, and crapped out after his foot injuries. Neither of them started that strong, or look to have any health issues that would cause them to crap out. Keldon, year 3, is far better than White year 3. Vassell will be better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you on the trajectory... they are obviously different players that white but they do look like guys that can be signed for similar money and traded for some value similar to what happened with White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you on the trajectory... they are obviously different players that white but they do look like guys that can be signed for similar money and traded for some value similar to what happened with White.
    Yeah that was more what I was getting at. I see Keldon/Vassell is solid bench players more than future potential All-Stars.

My hope is Keldon gets a 4yr extension 75-80mm total. I think that is fair value and if he takes a leap in year 4 as either a reliable goto scorer or above average defender while maintaining near 40% from deep you have a solid building block on a reasonable deal. If he stagnates next year it is still a fair deal and he can be moved for the right return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that was more what I was getting at. I see Keldon/Vassell is solid bench players more than future potential All-Stars.

My hope is Keldon gets a 4yr extension 75-80mm total. I think that is fair value and if he takes a leap in year 4 as either a reliable goto scorer or above average defender while maintaining near 40% from deep you have a solid building block on a reasonable deal. If he stagnates next year it is still a fair deal and he can be moved for the right return.
    I'm with you on the money...I also think it's possible that we could package one of them this summer to either move up or in a package for an established player like Grant or JC...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sold on this. He was a great fit here. Particularly of value if we move or let go of Lonnie.

I have no problems putting JRich in a package for a proven upgrade or to move up in the draft but there’s no sense in moving him for a late 1st just for the sake of moving him. He has more value to us than another 22-30 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon's will end up with all star appearances when its all said and done. The kid turned into a 20 ppg scorer at the end of last season and he has a lot of room for improvement. He's going to hit that level easily, IMO. I don't disagree that I would expect him to get a sub 20m per year extension though. I just think he's got a higher ceiling than most on here give him credit for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you on the money...I also think it's possible that we could package one of them this summer to either move up or in a package for an established player like Grant or JC...
    Sounds like we see things similarly. I think this trade deadline showed a true changing of the guard at the PATFO level. No one is safe, especially as we potentially add 3-4 more rookies.

I also think that is a major reason Primo got so much burn late in the season. His developmental timeline may have been pushed forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sold on this. He was a great fit here. Particularly if value if we move or let go of Lonnie.

I have no problems putting JRich in a package for a proven upgrade or to move up in the draft but there’s no sense in moving him for a late 1st just for the sake of moving him. He has more value to us than another 22-30 pick.
    Yeah I'm not sure that I agree with this at all. JRich has value to a team who is going to at least compete for the playoffs. But a team that is trying to find a diamond in the rough that draft pick has more value. I mean what meaningfully changes if they trade Jrich? You just play your young guys in that position and most likely they do worse than he would have but so what? Now, if the Spurs actually make some moves this offseason and are in legit playoff contention, I might agree with you more, but as it stands right now getting rid of him for a draft pick is fine. Especially since he's not likely to want to stick around for a low price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sold on this. He was a great fit here. Particularly of value if we move or let go of Lonnie.

I think it depends on how we come out of the draft/free agency this offseason.

If we are looking like a playoff team after some roster moves, he makes more sense than if we are headed into another season as a probable bottom 5-10 team.

I’m not sold on the development of our current youth and adding a few more rookies to get us to true playoff contention so as much as I like JRich it makes sense getting something in return this summer or at the deadline versus losing him in free agency for nothing. We should have been more opportunistic with LMA/Patty/Gay in that regard.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm not sure that I agree with this at all. JRich has value to a team who is going to at least compete for the playoffs. But a team that is trying to find a diamond in the rough that draft pick has more value. I mean what meaningfully changes if they trade Jrich? You just play your young guys in that position and most likely they do worse than he would have but so what? Now, if the Spurs actually make some moves this offseason and are in legit playoff contention, I might agree with you more, but as it stands right now getting rid of him for a draft pick is fine. Especially since he's not likely to want to stick around for a low price.
    I think it depends on how we come out of the draft/free agency this offseason.

If we are looking like a playoff team after some roster moves, he makes more sense than if we are headed into another season as a probable bottom 5-10 team.

I’m not sold on the development of our current youth and adding a few more rookies to get us to true playoff contention so as much as I like JRich it makes sense getting something in return this summer or at the deadline versus losing him in free agency for nothing. We should have been more opportunistic with LMA/Patty/Gay in that regard.
    So I'll concede that the difference is what's stated here. If we come out of the draft and FA looking like a much improved team he's more valuable to us. If we're treading water in or around the trade deadline then absolutely move him for a pick. Unless he can be packaged this offseason for a practical upgrade.

Thread Information