Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did Enrique come from? Did Ed Helicopter Jones come up with it?

Parker has sucked this season but all speed based point guards have a sharp decline and he's given us amazing years.
    Yea he's played offseason ball but so have several other Spurs.

The hate is a shtick, I get it, and all the dip s on here like to bandwagon on the season-long thread starting trends. Happens every year.

But the vitriolic hatred thrown at Parker this ENTIRE season has been comparable to the hatred Manu (rightfully) received after 6.

ST is so ing whack with troll this and troll that these days, is the Great Parker Hatetrend just a giant troll thing to bring people like me out of the gutter to defend him?
    Are they for real? I've never seen anything like this in ST history.
    Where did Enrique come from anyways? WTF is going on with ST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer to your first question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOLOL seriously? yall nigz are crazy

his heroballing put us in PRIME position to grab ring 5 during game 6. He hit the most clutch Spurs final game winner in the history the franchise will ever have over the greatest player on the planet in game 1, then busted 2 sick clutch shots in the greatest player's face to put his team up in position for a championship in game 6.

yall nigz are crazy

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some weak-willed rookie posters drove a shtick into the ground in record time.

No substance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's easier to act like a 12 year old and try to be edgy than actually make effort to post something about basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point the only thing I'm wondering if this thread is gonna get merged into the other thread or not...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know points backed up by analytics were not basketball related. Maybe I should start posting longcats as my proof instead tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen anything like this in ST history.
    Really?? 8 years here and people always blame players for decline or low performances in bad seasons.

is the Great Parker Hatetrend just a GIANT troll thing...
    You're exaggerating a bit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know points backed up by analytics were not basketball related. Maybe I should start posting longcats as my proof instead tbh.
    About the same substance as the rest of your posts.
    Please- go on... again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker hatebreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?? 8 years here and people always blame players for decline or low performances in bad seasons.

Nothing with the regularity and vitriol of this season's Parker hate. This is a first, started before the season even started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOLOL seriously? yall nigz are crazy

his heroballing put us in PRIME position to grab ring 5 during game 6. He hit the most clutch Spurs final game winner in the history the franchise will ever have over the greatest player on the planet in game 1, then busted 2 sick clutch shots in the greatest player's face to put his team up in position for a championship in game 6.

yall nigz are crazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing with the regularity and vitriol of this season's Parker hate. This is a first, started before the season even started.
    To be fair, originally the criticism was about his 2014 playoffs performance, which somewhat continued this season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, originally the criticism was about his 2014 playoffs performance, which somewhat continued this season...
    But that's the exact opposite of fair. The talked about Parker this season has been unparalleled on this entire forum's history.

Manu hating, bonner hating, that stuff flows and ebbs. This season start to current has been pure parker hate even with his few good games. And there's like 15 new threads per game about how he sucks literally every game.

Maybe its because a lot of older posters who made this place great stopped giving a and stopped posting, leaving a void, but the pure front page Great Parker Hatetrend is a first for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's the exact opposite of fair. The talked about Parker this season has been unparalleled on this entire forum's history.

Manu hating, bonner hating, that stuff flows and ebbs. This season start to current has been pure parker hate even with his few good games. And there's like 15 new threads per game about how he sucks literally every game.

Maybe its because a lot of older posters who made this place great stopped giving a and stopped posting, leaving a void, but the pure front page Great Parker Hatetrend is a first for me.
    What I mean is, it started at somewhat valid criticism and discussion about his apparent decline. Then it blew into factions and the tired schtick. Now you also get peeps hating on Kawhi when he had a couple of bad games...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's literally playing like one of the worst players in the league, and his stans are so sensitive and melt down at the slightest criticism (much like Kirby stans).

The Enrique "hate" (or, as unbiased non-player fans call it, valid criticism) is nothing compared to how Manu was being treated upstairs post-6, yet that was all okay and the admins weren't merging everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always had a problem with his playoff shortcomings, not him personally. Been that way since the Speedy Claxton days didn't just start this year. Cue the re s that think he is actually a playoff warrior that ups his game when the going gets tough.

'03-closed out the WCF w/o him, won the Finals with Speedy on the floor
    '04-choked vs LA after Game 2
    '05-bullied by Chauncey
    '06-3rd option
    '07-exploited an easy mismatchg
    '08-'10-meaningless
    '11-young Mike Conley Jr
    '12-choked after Game 2 vs OKC
    '13-his one truly elite year
    '14-closed out WCSF and WCF w/o him, won the Finals by in his own words 'trusting his teammates'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I mean is, it started at somewhat valid criticism and discussion about his apparent decline. Then it blew into factions and the tired schtick. Now you also get peeps hating on Kawhi when he had a couple of bad games...
    Yeah these idiots seem to hate on our players alot of times, nobody is safe from the trolling (Even Tim a few times). It seems some are player fans more than a team fan alot of times, probably some from their native country in which they hate on the other guys and not long time fans of the TEAM. Sometimes though it's trolls with two or three accounts in one thread and so on. It gets really old though, Enrique and the Tony threads etc. got old a while back.
    I've always had a problem with his playoff shortcomings, not him personally. Been that way since the Speedy Claxton days didn't just start this year. Cue the re s that think he is actually a playoff warrior that ups his game when the going gets tough.

'05-bullied by Chauncey
    '06-3rd option
    '08-'10-meaningless
    '11-young Mike Conley Jr
    '14-closed out WCSF and WCF w/o him, won the Finals by in his own words 'trusting his teammates'
    I am sure one can look up good games or good series as well he had during that span in which he helped the team win, namely game 7 against Dallas last year and Memphis in 013 WCF where he tore it up! The Suns matchups where he would routinely torch them and go head to head with Nash out there cancelling him out. He has had his times as well. I remember game 6 against LA closing out in 03 as well, Tim went off but Tony had a great game as well! He has had his chokes you mention and dissapeared and that is a fact, but he has done some good in some series as well in le runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure one can look up good games or good series as well he had during that span in which he helped the team win, namely game 7 against Dallas last year and Memphis in 013 WCF where he tore it up! The Suns matchups where he would routinely torch them and go head to head with Nash out there cancelling him out. He has had his times as well. I remember game 6 against LA closing out in 03 as well, Tim went off but Tony had a great game as well! He has had his chokes you mention and dissapeared and that is a fact, but he has done some good in some series as well in le runs.
    Jaren Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Kerr, Horry, Malik, Nazr, Rasho, etc had their moments too.

Being consistently good to great is what the top guys do. Enrique never did that except in '13, and came really close to it in '12 until he choked it all away during the backdoor sweep. He's kind of a pussy too...whereas Manu will take his struggles head on like he did in '13 (or Timmy in '05), Tony will sit out halves of crucial games with a sore ankle bc he is struggling. Nothing personal, just not the type of player I am a big fan of regardless of what uniform he is wearing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then there's the whole I'm going to start heroballing to gun for the FMVP in '13 and '14. Won't cheer on teammates during big plays. Will only get excited when I make big plays. Then off the court I'm going to seek the limelight. Or maybe I'll mess with a teammate's wife.

Just a really unlikeable player and person. The Spurs uniform doesn't cover that up tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then there's the whole I'm going to start heroballing to gun for the FMVP in '13 and '14. Won't cheer on teammates during big plays. Will only get excited when I make big plays. Then off the court I'm going to seek the limelight. Or maybe I'll mess with a teammate's wife.

Just a really unlikeable player and person. The Spurs uniform doesn't cover that up tbh.
    I'm not sure where the "oui, i can't believe they are leaving Danny so wide open" moment ranks in TP baggery, but it's up there.

either way, it's good that Parker is getting better, every bit helps. fortunately the team is far more diverse and dynamic than needing to rely mainly on Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure where the "oui, i can't believe they are leaving Danny so wide open" moment ranks in TP baggery, but it's up there.

either way, it's good that Parker is getting better, every bit helps. fortunately the team is far more diverse and dynamic than needing to rely mainly on Parker.
    that was the most ED UP THING anyone could do to their team in the history of sports. So when miami leaves someone on Green, he shoots 6-23. If that isn't reason to hate the mf, then someone explain to me what is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

'05-bullied by Chauncey
    '06-3rd option
    '08-'10-meaningless
    '11-young Mike Conley Jr
    Your problem is that there's no honesty in your assessment. You discredit good performances as "easy matchups" and when he has a poor performance it's "choked".

You have confirmation bias, just like a ton of other half asses here who think they know something about basketball. You are penny wise, pound foolish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was the most ED UP THING anyone could do to their team in the history of sports. So when miami leaves someone on Green, he shoots 6-23. If that isn't reason to hate the mf, then someone explain to me what is.
    Because Miami wasn't realizing they were leaving Danny open.

Thread Information