Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry contributed significantly the outcome of most of his championships. He wasn't the best player of any of this teams but those teams probably wouldn't won 7 championships without him, perhaps 3 or 4.

He wouldn't break the record for playoffs games played, if he wasn't good enough to play for that teams. Horry also holds the record for most 3's in the finals.

Horry was drafted by the Rockets, he was traded later. He threw a towel at the Suns coach and he ended being traded to the Lakers. It's normal for contending teams to sign role players with championship experience. The only time in his career he picked to play for a team was when he signed as FA with the Spurs, but actually he wanted to be a Laker, however they didn't call him.

Phil Jax has won championships with 3 completely different teams (MJ/Pippen Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers and Kobe/Gasol Lakers). 3 three-peats and 1 back-to-back, show how dominante were those teams. And it's clear Phil was a big reason for that success.

When Phil joined the Bulls the Bad Boys Pistons dominated the Bulls. He picked the Lakers in 99, the team with the best talent in the league, however Shaq and Kobe Lakers were unsuccessful. After one season with them they won the championship, and another two times after that. He wanted to continue with the Lakers, but Kobe shipped him out. When Phil returned, the Lakers were not a contender team, however after some seasons they rapidly became NBA top in talent with trades, good draft picks and FA signings.

Phil Jax got very clearly out-coached when underdog teams upset the Lakers, like in '03 vs Pop (Phil mostly dominated, with superior talent though), '04 vs Brown (that humiliation is probably on Kobe, Phil later called him "uncoachable" in a book), '08 vs Doc Rivers (however Phil restored his prestige in '10 with a solid defense) and recently '11 vs Carlisle.

However, he still won more championships than those coaches and in very dominant fashion. His 11 championships as head coach will be very hard to break record and the count it's not over. 11 is much more than what MJ (6), Pippen (6), Shaq (4), Kobe (5) or Gasol (2) have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is perfectly happy riding that baby high chair as long as rings are showing up, but have a rough go round and he bails (again).

Maybe if Miami wins 3 games in the Finals next year, Jackson will show up there to coach.

He must be Kobe's real daddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most overrated coach in the history of all sports at all levels. lets see Phil go over to the Clippers or the T-Wolves and do something. he would be fired after 3 years or may even quit after the first year or two. it must be nice to have Michael Jordan, Shaq, and other outstanding role players carry your overrated, Scientology nut-hugging, white ass your entire career.
    ing truth nuke.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree, having kobe on your team always puts your team in contention for a championship.
    Indeed son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree, having kobe on your team always puts your team in contention for a championship.
    Maybe in 2011 Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I'm in LA right now, haven't kept up. What's up with Phil?

Thread Information