Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1644
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't California do the same thing and bought from China? Didn't the gov of California just say he knew the first covid transmission in the state was because of a nail salon? Lol. Who cares, it is not one persons fault.

Why play the blame game? If you pledge allegiance to a party and then try to blame others simply because of affiliation then you are dumber than these two clowns. Sadly they have both won because not only are you ignorantly binding yourself to a political party, but you are on the internet complaining about it rather than actually doing something productive, which is what both parties want. They are not doing anything more than marketing to you just like the NBA. Sad.
    Dude, there is ONE person ultimately in charge of the federal response.

ONE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Predictably Brushes Off Historic Job Losses:

“They'll Be Back Very Soon”

After months downplaying the public health threat from coronavirus, Trump now suggests millions of jobs lost to the pandemic will quickly return—

analysts expect recovery to take years.

“We had the strongest economy in the history of the world—

the strongest economy we've ever had—

The Bungler-in-Chief always trying to LIE and CON his way to aggrandize, enrich himself

and we had to close it, which is artificial,”

“We artificially closed it.

Those jobs will all be back,

and they'll be back very soon,

and next year we're gonna have a phenomenal year.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/trump-predictably-brushes-off-historic-job-losses-theyll-be-back-very-soon?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=biz&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_mailing=thematic_business_051120&utm_mediu m=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c1048022fcc&cndid=437585 49&utm_content=Final&utm_term=Thematic_Business

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 Minutes exposes

Trump de-funding NIH Pandemic Research

b/c head wouldn't go along w his China CT

Why it matters that the NIH canceled a coronavirus research grant

President Trump said he would check if any U.S. funds had been granted to the Wuhan Ins ute, and if so, he said, they would immediately be terminated.

But the $3.7 million grant was not given to the Wuhan Ins ute. It had been awarded to Daszak's New York-based organization, EcoHealth Alliance.

Ending an NIH grant usually requires a full investigation and proof of an egregious action like scientific or financial fraud—neither of which applied to EcoHealth Alliance.

"This is the worst kind of thing that political interference can cause in a democracy."

Recognizing the ramifications of NIH's decision involves understanding of the scope of Daszak's work—and its impact on future coronavirus pandemics

Last year, the NIH reauthorized EcoHealth's five-year grant after independent scientists reviewed the application.

According to Daszak, EcoHealth's grant received a high-priority score and

was in the top three percent of grants the NIH reviewed last year.

This report enraged Trump, who responded on Twitter.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

Bungler-in-chief, acting on lies from ing Gaetz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Partisans have clear ideas of what en ies are most responsible for misinformation,” the Night Foundation writes.

“For Democrats, it is the Trump administration;

for Republicans, it is the mainstream national news media. stupid s

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/americans-see-trump-as-the-main-source-of-covid-19-misinformation-and-its-not-even-close-poll/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4505&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s gaslighting of America over increased pandemic safety is falling apart

Trump and his advisers benefit from testing and tracing that the rest of us mostly do not enjoy,

though that’s damning enough.

It’s also that this

shatters the larger illusion
    Trump is trying to weave with his magical reality-bending powers

that the
    coronavirus has been so tamed by his stupendous leadership

that it’s now safe to reopen the country,

setting the stage for an equally spectacular Trump-marshaled comeback.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/tru..._campaign=4505

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-opening is a HUGE TRASH BUNGLE

South Korea’s new coronavirus cases show the perils of reopening

Just one sick person led to a sudden increase of new infections in South Korea.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/11/21254451/south-korea-nightclub-outbreak-coronavirus-infections-reopening-dangers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

trump melting down when an asian woman reporter asks him

“why do you keep saying america has more testing than other countries- why is this a compe ion when americans are dying?”

trump: “why dont you ask china?”

asian woman : “why are you asking me that question- specifically?”

trump : “thats a nasty question”

reporter “no- its not”

trump: “leaves /ends the q & a”

lol

little

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, odds are not pretty good it will pass 60K by the end of this month. The ty IHME model that already factored in social distancing and has been revised down constantly isn't even predicting that.

ing moron. Odds are good it will have killed over 300k by November. Just in time for the election.

Your Dear Leader is imploding.

Wear a mask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA? Dear leader's intelligence and sanity have been impugned. Get in here and carry some water.

I want a deflection from Trump saying we can try 'internal UV light' or 'injecting disinfectant', chop chop.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, odds are not pretty good it will pass 60K by the end of this month. The ty IHME model that already factored in social distancing and has been revised down constantly isn't even predicting that.
    Wrong about coronavirus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong about coronavirus.
    Odds are good that it will have 60k in May alone. Opening up is gonna be deadly. Every crowded restaurant with idiots refusing to wear masks is a mini super-spreading event. This is ing inevitable and as predictable as Sweden's uptick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Pennsylvania mask factory scrapped a visit from Trump because it worried the event could spread the coronavirus
    https://www.businessinsider.com/mask...oncerns-2020-5

Sometimes it’s almost too funny to be true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many rose garden pressers to announce that there will be x amount of testing availabe...

”soon”

only to turn out to be bull ...

followed by another rose garden presser a month later to promise the exact same thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many rose garden pressers to announce that there will be x amount of testing availabe...

”soon”

only to turn out to be bull ...

followed by another rose garden presser a month later to promise the exact same thing?
    They still don't have adequate testing. Everybody who wants one... still can't get one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA still AWOL.

Guess he doesn't want to make the case for how well Trump is responding to this crisis.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still don't have adequate testing. Everybody who wants one... still can't get one.
    Why does this matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does this matter?
    Science. Safety.

If you want a full explanation, it isn't my job to understand it for you. Google is that way------------------->

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Science. Safety.

If you want a full explanation, it isn't my job to understand it for you. Google is that way------------------->
    What happens after you get tested. You are either pos or neg at the time you took the test. Then what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens after you get tested. You are either pos or neg at the time you took the test. Then what?
    Then you can self-quarantine or not. And the rest of us get the data\um you generate on prevalence of disease. At some point, we will have to start contact tracing, which will also require tests.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you can self-quarantine or not. And the rest of us get the data\um you generate on prevalence of disease. At some point, we will have to start contact tracing, which will also require tests.
    So how often would you test, minutely?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So how often would you test, minutely?
    Then you must think all the White House testing is nuts, huh?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This plan seems like you think you can eradicate the virus, which at this point is not possible. Nor do any of these people on the testing kick have a plan for when to test. These are all reactive plans with testing anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you must think all the White House testing is nuts, huh?
    The whole thing lacks any science. Lots of theories, lots of wrong theories, lots of being reactive, lots of headline grabbers and clickbait, too political, not one person's problem or fault.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This plan seems like you think you can eradicate the virus, which at this point is not possible. Nor do any of these people on the testing kick have a plan for when to test. These are all reactive plans with testing anyway.
    Thats been my point. I seriously (IMHO) do not believe you will eradicate this virus. It has spread to every country and is highly communicable, so it seems to me that it will be done running it's course in 2020 if not already. You would have to put every man woman and child in their home for at least a month and shut down everything on the face of the planet. Police, military, doctors, grocery stores, all of them would have to stay home as well, but how can we be sure even that would eradicate it? We can't.

This virus has had too many variables. Doesn't affect kids, highly communicable, may not show symptoms, not enough tests, who makes the tests, who approves the test, who reads the test, who validates it for statistics, what antibodies cause a positive test, could they be antibodies developed from another Coronavirus or other virus in general. You can go on and on with questions like these. People need to quit acting like they have all the answers, because none of us do.

It amazes me how insulting and arrogant some can be in here. Nobody can answer these questions with certainty unless they are putting their full faith into our government, media, and "science".... THAT is scarier than COVID19

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats been my point. I seriously (IMHO) do not believe you will eradicate this virus. It has spread to every country and is highly communicable, so it seems to me that it will be done running it's course in 2020 if not already. You would have to put every man woman and child in their home for at least a month and shut down everything on the face of the planet. Police, military, doctors, grocery stores, all of them would have to stay home as well, but how can we be sure even that would eradicate it? We can't.

This virus has had too many variables. Doesn't affect kids, highly communicable, may not show symptoms, not enough tests, who makes the tests, who approves the test, who reads the test, who validates it for statistics, what antibodies cause a positive test, could they be antibodies developed from another Coronavirus or other virus in general. You can go on and on with questions like these. People need to quit acting like they have all the answers, because none of us do.

It amazes me how insulting and arrogant some can be in here. Nobody can answer these questions with certainty unless they are putting their full faith into our government, media, and "science".... THAT is scarier than COVID19
    Yes. And the fact that they fail to take into consideration families who have lost jobs, may very well lead extremely rough lives for the rest of their lives. Sad situation compounded like everything else, by gossip

Thread Information