My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    think we've done this thread virtually every year.

What i want:

i think the raiders should take the best defensive lineman available at #4... whether that be Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa. If they're both gone, my preference would be to trade down and take another DE like Gary or Sweat, or Ed Oliver at DT. If they stand pat at #4, Josh Allen should be the pick.

with picks 24 and 27, they need to use at least one of those picks on a CB, whether it be Greedy, Murphy, Baker, or even Ya-Sin. the other pick is more of a wildcard. if clelin ferrel somehow slips to 24, i think you take him regardless of who you chose at the top. i would say the same if jeffery simmons falls. otherwise, they should draft a guard like Lindstrom, a TE like Fant. I wouldn't hate taking Josh Jacobs at 27, though he'd probably be available for them at 35 anyway.

basically they should be taking at least 2 defensive players (one on the DL, and one CB), with the third pick being more of a wildcard. wouldnt hate going 3 on defense either.

What i fear:

Even though I don't believe it, there is smoke that the raiders are interested in Murray/Haskins at QB, with some mocks (i dont find credible) even having them trade UP to take kyler murray. its not that i dont like murray/hasksins... i do. but gruden runs a complicated offense, and we brought in a lot of win-now type veterans with antonio brown, trent brown, tyrell williams. its absolutely not the time to be hitting reset at QB. i think the offseason acquisitions were made to give Carr one last shot to prove he can perform with all the help he could want.

one of the raiders primary beat writers also has the raiders drafting marquise "hollywood" brown in the 20's. he's a 5'9, 166 pound wide receiver. great routes and speed... but that frame is terrifying. a WR makes sense as tyrell williams deal is only guaranteed for 1 year, but i dont think thats the position we need to be emphasizing with our day 1 picks

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    3 hour telecast

10 minutes of action

More dancing than tackling

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    and yet you keep visiting this forum

lol

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Without a first round pick, I am very confident in McClay selecting BPA at #58. I would prefer no trade ups unless someone falls and is a must take.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Without a first round pick, I am very confident in McClay selecting BPA at #58. I would prefer no trade ups unless someone falls and is a must take.
    BPA is generally a running back, and though scatback is a need, we don't need to waste anything more than a 4th rounder on that. BPA is stupid ideology when you're a contender and maybe 1-2 pieces away like the Cowboys are.

DT, SS are no brainers. I'm not even sure we need another tight end right now. Schultz and Jarwin are coming along just fine behind Witten.

Give me Dexter Lawrence (rumored he'll fall because of lack of pass rush moves) or Juan Thornhill, please.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    at this point i think the pats should toss a first at rosen. if rosen was somehow eligible for the draft this year, and fell the #32, would the pats really pass on him? have the cards toss back a late round pick and call it a day.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    at this point i think the pats should toss a first at rosen. if rosen was somehow eligible for the draft this year, and fell the #32, would the pats really pass on him? have the cards toss back a late round pick and call it a day.
    there's a certain #12 that would likely veto that though

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    there's a certain #12 that would likely veto that though
    Yup. Belichick does that trade in a heartbeat, but Stephen Kraft is a lapdog for Brady and is going to do whatever Brady wants him to do.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    not a TE or WR at #7 pls. need oline or dline

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I guess for my 2nd favorite team (Eagles) I hope they draft a MLB, they need one desperately.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    not really worried, our team is so depleted of talent, that any position will do.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    What I want- Edge/DT

The premier edge rushers will be gone by 26 but maybe someone like Brian Burns falls.

Christian Wilkins would be great as well but he wont be there at 26 either.

Jeffery Simmons is a top 10 talent. Even if you dont see him until 2020 i think you pull the trigger. Unless Luck goes down i doubt the Colts will be picking in the top 10 for the next 4-5 years.

Who I dont want (especially in round 1)

Dexter Lawrence- I dont think he is a good fit for Indys defense
    DK Metcalf- physcial freak that has a limited route tree and has problems with drops.
    Greedy Williams- a press corner that cant/wont tackle. Horrible fit for Indys tampa 2.
    Josh Jacobs- Im still having nightmares of the last Alabama RB Indy had.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

What i fear:

Even though I don't believe it, there is smoke that the raiders are interested in Murray/Haskins at QB, with some mocks (i dont find credible) even having them trade UP to take kyler murray. its not that i dont like murray/hasksins... i do. but gruden runs a complicated offense, and we brought in a lot of win-now type veterans with antonio brown, trent brown, tyrell williams. its absolutely not the time to be hitting reset at QB. i think the offseason acquisitions were made to give Carr one last shot to prove he can perform with all the help he could want.
    This is puzzling to me. From just about every point of view, the raiders have been a bottom 2 team in the league, yet because they signed some vets, they are suddenly to be considered in win now mode? Carr is going to be evaluated this year, but he has no shot to make this mess work imo, there's no evidence that anything on this team will work in an even average manner.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    not really worried, our team is so depleted of talent, that any position will do.
    lmao

Patriots I'd say are about league average in terms of talent (Belichick makes it work) but they're definitely not "depleted" -- they're all set in the secondary, OL (for now) and really don't need a WR, ILB or DT either.

I'd say their biggest needs are DE, TE, OLB (if you consider Hightower and Van Noy ILBs) and of course a QB of the future, which doesn't have to be this year. Everything else is just depth. But they need a better starting TE than "Austin Seferian Jenkins" who can't block and drops too many catches.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    As MM said, this comment makes no sense. They bring back the same secondary that was elite last season, they keep their entire O-line except for Brown (who already had a replacement waiting in the wings) that was also elite last season, and they should be set at linebacker with Ja'Whaun Bentley coming back (who before his injury looked like someone who could develop into a very solid starter).

The position they need to draft early is tight end imo. It's a loaded class at the position this year so they should be able to get good value. Receiver is also a position of need but this is a horrible draft class at that position and Belichick seems equally likely at finding a defensive end who fits his system in the 4th round as he does the 1st round. Tight end is the position where Belichick is looking for the same talent that everyone else is looking for so using an early pick makes sense.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    lmao

Patriots I'd say are about league average in terms of talent (Belichick makes it work) but they're definitely not "depleted" -- they're all set in the secondary, OL (for now) and really don't need a WR, ILB or DT either.

I'd say their biggest needs are DE, TE, OLB (if you consider Hightower and Van Noy ILBs) and of course a QB of the future, which doesn't have to be this year. Everything else is just depth. But they need a better starting TE than "Austin Seferian Jenkins" who can't block and drops too many catches.
    IMO receiver is still a need. D Thomas is a wildcard, the achilles tear could easily be the end of his career, and if that's the case it means Dorsett is the #2 receiver right now (unless Gordon comes back which if it happens isn't happening until midseason). It's not a need to address through the draft though, they should take a flyer on some of the veterans available right now and hope 1-2 pan out (Crabtree, Garcon, Martavis Bryant, etc.)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    This is puzzling to me. From just about every point of view, the raiders have been a bottom 2 team in the league, yet because they signed some vets, they are suddenly to be considered in win now mode? Carr is going to be evaluated this year, but he has no shot to make this mess work imo, there's no evidence that anything on this team will work in an even average manner.
    they were clearly looking to rebuild with the mack/cooper trades, irvin release, etc. i dont think they ever figured they'd be able to land antonio brown without giving up even a second round pick. they had no intention of dealing with him otherwise. i dont think they're going to be contenders, but at least offensively, this team looks like it's pushed all-in. on top of AB, they paid tyrell williams 10 mil and made Trent Brown the highest paid O-lineman. to me, that doesn't scream "reset the QB position and draft one in the first round." rather, its clear this is carr's "prove it" year. why waste one of your valuable day 1 picks on drafting a backup QB? You'd just be holding the team back by not addressing talent elsewhere. give carr the year, hope he further improves after having a full year of gruden's system under his belt.

if he lets down with this supporting cast... then you go ahead and draft a QB next season (when Carr can be cut with no dead cap, if you want to). next year's draft will have better QB's at the top in Herbert/Tua

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Good morning guys...you guys gettin it done!?

Just wanted to weigh in...wanted to weigh in...and by weighing in...I mean give my opinion...my opinion...

As head coach of the Dallas Football Cowboys Football Organization part of my day to day job duties found in the job description include evaluating team needs, gathering up a list of next steps, developing a list of action items on those next steps, and then developing a list of action items to figure out what the list of action items are...which is important...important...

I hope I made that pretty clear...with that being said I think that the Dallas Football Cowboys should draft a tight end...draft a tight end...now that Jason Witten is on the team, we want to go back to the tried and true formula of wasting a first or second round pick on a raw, athletic tight end in hopes of him riding the bench...riding the bench...preferably this ideal benchwarmer will be 6'5 or taller and a freak athlete.

We think it's always been in the best interest of the Dallas Football Cowboys Organization of drafting a physical specimen of a tight end, and making sure he stays on the bench...

By riding the bench, we want to make sure that he never develops, holds the clipboard, goes in for obvious, forced goalline fades, and that he becomes a pro bowler for someone else two years later after we trade him for a seventh round pick...seventh round pick....

Not only is that an important philosophy that we stand by, but it's an important philosophy in all three areas...

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    As MM said, this comment makes no sense. They bring back the same secondary that was elite last season, they keep their entire O-line except for Brown (who already had a replacement waiting in the wings) that was also elite last season, and they should be set at linebacker with Ja'Whaun Bentley coming back (who before his injury looked like someone who could develop into a very solid starter).

The position they need to draft early is tight end imo. It's a loaded class at the position this year so they should be able to get good value. Receiver is also a position of need but this is a horrible draft class at that position and Belichick seems equally likely at finding a defensive end who fits his system in the 4th round as he does the 1st round. Tight end is the position where Belichick is looking for the same talent that everyone else is looking for so using an early pick makes sense.
    i'd say BB is looking at a rebuild on the front D as a whole and on every receiver. That is a lot of positions to cover. Yeah the offensive line is great and the secondary is pretty good too. The rest though...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i'd say BB is looking at a rebuild on the front D as a whole and on every receiver. That is a lot of positions to cover. Yeah the offensive line is great and the secondary is pretty good too. The rest though...
    Secondary and OL are usually very difficult to assemble. You have that down. Still have a great qb. Have good running backs. You need one physical downfield receiver and they just need to hope one of demaryius or Gordon pan out.

They also have 2 compensatory picks in the third round alone. Take 1-2 d-lineman, 1 TE and theyre good

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    IMO receiver is still a need. D Thomas is a wildcard, the achilles tear could easily be the end of his career, and if that's the case it means Dorsett is the #2 receiver right now (unless Gordon comes back which if it happens isn't happening until midseason). It's not a need to address through the draft though, they should take a flyer on some of the veterans available right now and hope 1-2 pan out (Crabtree, Garcon, Martavis Bryant, etc.)
    Those guys all suck. But Edelman is the GOAT slot receiver and you also have James White and Burkhead who can catch from anywhere.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

The Bentley pick is obviously pointing at Hightower and saying you're replaceable if you want too much money, probably next offseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    3 hour telecast

10 minutes of action

More dancing than tackling
    You and the calf tats guy are angry....your Schtick has been done so very many times on this site.

Thread Information