Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you use unnecessary esoteric fancy toppings to feel good, you need to be brought back to fundamentals. The idea is full participation in a democracy, start there.
    What our government should be is a worthy discussion. Thank you for not allowing him to dictate the discussion into the talking points he thinks are winners.

With modern technology it is about time to start ditching notions like electors and put more decisionmaking in the hands of direct democracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you use unnecessary esoteric fancy toppings to feel good, you need to be brought back to fundamentals. The idea is full participation in a democracy, start there.
    I doubt you will get conservatives to care. The right-wing has systematically gutted its moderate elements to the point where they only really care about winning or holding on to power by any means necessary.

Still some hope from the left, as the grassroots will have to strongly contest the establishment that has catered too much to money. Democrats succeed if they can truly represent the interests of actual people.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [smiley][derision] was merely my lazy response to your own lazy response. Your question has several assumptions buried in it that make it about as logically valid as asking me if a pie made out of Jupiter tastes good.

I just don't feel like explaining to you what those assumptions are, and why they are invalid, because you don't care what is true. In that you are a bit like whoever posts as Thread.

You don't care what is true, and don't take anything seriously. This is already more time than I think this deserves, so I'll stop there.
    You explained that your post was nonsensical. No further explanation required, honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What our government should be is a worthy discussion. Thank you for not allowing him to dictate the discussion into the talking points he thinks are winners.

With modern technology it is about time to start ditching notions like electors and put more decisionmaking in the hands of direct democracy.
    Direct Democracy is a bad idea in many ways, especially when it comes to crafting laws.

That said, the idea that only people with money should count when it comes to making decisions, which is what we have now, is equally flawed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The oligarchy, even more powerful (ie, many $Bs more) from the oligarchy's tax cut, will not let the current rigged status quo be touched (unless it's to make more changes IN THEIR FAVOR, which is a zero-sum game).

If the oligarchy's SCOTUS 5 legalizes partisan gerrymandering, then none of you will be able to show how to disprove, in practice, that America is ed and able.

Partisan gerrymandering, combined with the Repugs defunding and MISmanaging the Census bureau into total, corrupted dysfunction for 2020, will mean the Dems will could win by even more Ms of votes than they did in 2016 and still not come close to winning the House.

The oligarchy's tax cut passing into law will prove beyond all doubt and argument that the oligarchy's coup d'etat will be unassailable with peaceful, pro forma "democratic" means.

Repugs will approve the Sinclair group buying and corrupting Tribune group (Kock Bros bought Time,etc), so Sinclair, Fox News, Time, etc will serve as the oligarchy's Ministry of Truth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is indeed. Two things:

1) that should worry you. You just said that Trump voters don't really care about the ideals of democracy.

And

2) if the situation had been reversed, I have little doubt that the right would be screaming about it, and it would be the only thing Fox Propaganda would be talking about.
    That doesn't worry me - I and millions of others (turns out in exactly the right places) voted for him. The ideals of democracy? Trump won fair and square under rules that have been effect for hundred of years - I don't need to remind you of the electoral college vs popular vote (for which there is no prize).

Direct Democracy is a bad idea in many ways, especially when it comes to crafting laws.

That said, the idea that only people with money should count when it comes to making decisions, which is what we have now, is equally flawed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hear you cry about how the 2020 election was rigged, RandomGuy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take notes on my post ITT, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't worry me - I and millions of others (turns out in exactly the right places) voted for him. The ideals of democracy? Trump won fair and square under rules that have been effect for hundred of years - I don't need to remind you of the electoral college vs popular vote (for which there is no prize).
    Here is a post that didn't age well.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    What I thought. You were just having yourself a cry about orange man, ya beta .

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    What I thought. You were just having yourself a cry about orange man, ya beta .
    you cry about your orange man every day here.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you cry about your orange man every day here.
    Blake Zero trying to be a hero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Zero trying to be a hero.
    derp tries his failed nickname again

you voted yourself derp twice

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp tries his failed nickname again

you voted yourself derp twice
    It's a "success". You know just how much beta you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a "success". You know just how much beta you are.
    you voted in it twice

That proves you're an omega and being called derp kills you inside.

Thread Information