Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    seriously, it's like you many of you guys would prefer to lose looking good than to make the playoffs beating Kansas.
    It does sometimes.

Because the games can be absolutely depressing.
    I would feel better breaking this site after a loss.
    I still feel like anyone who can stay a fan of UT with all that is expected and promised and NOT fulfilled...

You gotta be a fan. Underachieving while constantly puffing out the chest feels like .
    We have been unwatchable bad. A bunch of confused idiots. We are have been nowhere near a championship level team for what seems like forever.

Haha ! I can still see Case McCoy wobbling down the field !! Like I said earlier, I hope the SEC forces Aggie and UT to play annual game !

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It’s the dawning of a new era. of a lot of damn good games coming soon. Aggie has done well in SEC. They have been extremely compe ive. We will be too. And they are not going to be able to avoid playing us much longer. Wouldn’t it be something if the SEC made us play annually ? Exciting times boys !!!
    Bull .

With Manziel was the closest, and it was not close.
    The got buttfkd by Alabama this year AGAIN.
    They are doing well $ wise. They are VERY compe ive with their snaggle toothed fan fervor, but winning? They cant win in their conference, no way.

And this year with a new QB and Oline... no way.

Haha ! I can still see Case McCoy wobbling down the field !! Like I said earlier, I hope the SEC forces Aggie and UT to play annual game !

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This whole thing is happening at such a speed that I don’t know how to react. It sucks to lose our rivals. Hopefully you guys find an awesome landing spot.
    No way does Tech get invited to the Big 10 so the only prayer Tech would have would be to land in the Pac 20 or to be ball and chained with UT somehow to the SEC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    seriously, it's like you many of you guys would prefer to lose looking good than to make the playoffs beating Kansas.
    like I said, I see both sides and I don't know whether one is entirely superior to the other

but to imply that the SEC doesn't provide a recruiting advantage to many of it's participating programs, as well as favoritism in poll voting is simply ignorant

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    No way does Tech get invited to the Big 10 so the only prayer Tech would have would be to land in the Pac 20 or to be ball and chained with UT somehow to the SEC.
    tcu mod says tech/tcu/baylor are having discussions with the pac 12

Aggie has done well in the SEC?
    SEC will help recruiting?
    Top rectuits will flock to Texas?

Pipe dreams IMO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

holy

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    like I said, I see both sides and I don't know whether one is entirely superior to the other

but to imply that the SEC doesn't provide a recruiting advantage to many of it's participating programs, as well as favoritism in poll voting is simply ignorant
    Nobody is implying the SEC doesn't provide a recruiting advantage or SOS favoritism in polling.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Well if SEC will do things behind Aggies back, they will do the same thing to us. I’m still in for the move, but don’t trust SEC anymore than I ever have.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

holy
    Okay.
    Now I feel a bit better.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nobody is implying the SEC doesn't provide a recruiting advantage or SOS favoritism in polling.
    just like nobody is preferring to lose looking good than beat Kansas and make the playoffs

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well if SEC will do things behind Aggies back, they will do the same thing to us. I’m still in for the move, but don’t trust SEC anymore than I ever have.
    Its a dance with the devil.

The recruiting violations in that conference and the power moves on the NCAA are legendary.
    This conference neutered any role the NCAA would play in recruiting and player behavior rules.
    They flat up challenged the NCAA and got them to back down on the most blatant violations.
    Basically they dont pretend to have student athletes. They are the minor leagues with extraordinary ability to tie a UNIVERSITY, a SCHOOL, to their football to create a following. Every college has done this, but the SEC has excelled.

We used to do a good job at pretending. So did ATM. They have a very good engineering program, and excellent biological sciences, especially in the very important tie in to agriculture. And players actually used to go on and actually graduate in these fields and WORK in these fields. So I am told by the old wise ones.

But my model is outdated. I know a guy from Stanford who was an extraordinary linebacker (injured) and now is a really good geologist at UT. But Stanford wont win a National Championship. My problem is to try to insist on both and it is just not practical. These kids go to College to learn football. And then try to get in the NFL, CFL, or whatever indoor popup league happens every year. And I cant tear myself away from caring about rooting for UT knowing the truth.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    the college landscaping is changing and fans will have to adapt. but it may not be a pretty picture. the wealthiest schools with the largest alumni bases will eventually splinter off and create one or two super conferences with some semblance of what was once college football but it will look more like a professional league than the college game most of us grew up with. it's ALL about money now. A&M and UT will be fine and a rivalry will be rekindled (i imagine both teams will be in the west) but the big XII will either be left to try to create something that has any relevance or be absorbed by another conference. schools like UTSA will see if there is any room for them in the big XII and lots of smaller schools will do the same. those that are left out will likely be a part of some sub-par conference.
    Last edited by rjv; 07-23-2021 at 10:26 AM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    the SEC knows it can do what it wants and likely would only have pandered to 'bama. and the Ags will just have to deal with it. they wanted the SEC and they have the SEC. there is nothing they can do about it 'cause i'm sure the SEC's response would be to point to the door and say "well, you can see if the big XII will have you back".
    Last edited by rjv; 07-23-2021 at 10:26 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

still wild

the SEC knows it can do what it wants and likely would only have pandered to 'bama. and the Ags will just have to deal with it. they wanted the SEC and they have the SEC. there is nothing they can do about it 'cause i'm sure the SEC's response would be to point to the door and say "well, you can see of the big XII will have you back".
    Always enjoy your posts. And I am really looking forward to rekindling our rivalry football game. It’s just like the OU game. They have been kicking our butts lately, but it would not be same without them. Just like it was not the same without you guys. And now that we got a real AD; soon UT sports will be back to where we used to be. It’s been a tough decade for us.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Always enjoy your posts. And I am really looking forward to rekindling our rivalry football game. It’s just like the OU game. They have been kicking our butts lately, but it would not be same without them. Just like it was not the same without you guys. And now that we got a real AD; soon UT sports will be back to where we used to be. It’s been a tough decade for us.
    thanks, and i'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you. as to the rivalry, it will be nice to see that tradition restored at least. ags were thinking that LSU was going to become the next rivalry but it just didn't have the same electricity that the ags/horns games did. now, if one of these schools can just take down 'bama. (except for OU, i hope they get their asses stomped any time they play the tide.)

Thread Information