My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't be healthy tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's going to be an African American fire drill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^I'm still waiting for & EXPECTING James to hit his stride, his peak. If that happens, it's going to be difficult displacing them anytime soon. You know into that MJ mode where it's impossible to beat him, and you know it.
    You are what you are after 10 years in this league. If Riley is smart he breaks the piggy bank keeping serious talent around James. James is served best as a front runner. He'd be at square one if Pop wasn't so ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be an African American fire drill.

Lol... help me out with that one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold but pretty extreme prediction Jeebus. I mean, who would they be going up against in the East that would pummel them that hard unless they go in as a 7 or 8 seed?
    They have absolutely no bench. Pierce and KG played with a pass first PG; now they're playing with a scoring PG and won't get nearly as many touches. Lopez is Big Z reincarnated, foot problems and all. Deron has been in " it" mode since he got his jersey retired.

Miami, Indy, Chicago wil take the top seeds, setting up the Nets(if they even make the playoffs) for a ass raping. Nyets = ed.
    Last edited by jeebus; 12-21-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: lol lopez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ONE YEAR contender (not better than MIA or IND but I wouldn't be shocked if they come out of the East either).

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Legitimate contenders. They have balance, size, depth, flexibility, bench scorers, defensive versatility. While they traded for two much older veterans in KG and Pierce, they didn't trade for them with the idea that they had to carry the team or play heavy minutes. Deron Williams and Brook Lopez are still young and still two of the main guys on offense. Joe Johnson is getting towards the tail end of his prime but he's not too old yet. And they have enough depth on the bench where no one has to play heavy minutes. I think they'll be really good defensively. The biggest issues to me are obviously the coaching, and also how Deron, Joe Johnson, and Pierce work together offensively. Does Pierce end up becoming basically a spot up shooter? Can Deron sacrifice enough shots to make everyone happy? Can Joe Johnson add more slashing to his game to help diversify the offense?

The talent is there. Health will be a concern for some of the guys but no one should be over extended in terms of minutes or even in terms of being asked to play if they have even minor injuries. They have enough depth to allow guys like KG and Pierce to sit out games every now and then.

They aren't guaranteed to beat Miami. Miami still holds the crown. But there isn't another team in the Eastern Conference that has more talent or balance or depth. I like them going to the ECF easily and having a chance against Miami. Not a great chance, but a chance.

Deron Williams / Shaun Livingston
    Joe Johnson / Jason Terry
    Paul Pierce / Andrei Kirilenko
    Kevin Garnett / Reggie Evans
    Brook Lopez / Andray Blatche

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legitimate contenders. They have balance, size, depth, flexibility, bench scorers, defensive versatility. While they traded for two much older veterans in KG and Pierce, they didn't trade for them with the idea that they had to carry the team or play heavy minutes. Deron Williams and Brook Lopez are still young and still two of the main guys on offense. Joe Johnson is getting towards the tail end of his prime but he's not too old yet. And they have enough depth on the bench where no one has to play heavy minutes. I think they'll be really good defensively. The biggest issues to me are obviously the coaching, and also how Deron, Joe Johnson, and Pierce work together offensively. Does Pierce end up becoming basically a spot up shooter? Can Deron sacrifice enough shots to make everyone happy? Can Joe Johnson add more slashing to his game to help diversify the offense?

The talent is there. Health will be a concern for some of the guys but no one should be over extended in terms of minutes or even in terms of being asked to play if they have even minor injuries. They have enough depth to allow guys like KG and Pierce to sit out games every now and then.

They aren't guaranteed to beat Miami. Miami still holds the crown. But there isn't another team in the Eastern Conference that has more talent or balance or depth. I like them going to the ECF easily and having a chance against Miami. Not a great chance, but a chance.

Good analysis..I think they can beat Miami though if they grt good luck abd stay healthy, the Heat really struggled against Indiana and SA and this will be for their fourth consecutive season with an extended playoff run..they're gonna be pretty worn out at the end of it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Damn JamStone you're one of the pillars of the NBA Forum but surely the Nets are surely making you look bad!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lopez is Big Z reincarnated, foot problems and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TOSBs

Thread Information