Page 117 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that Hawks dynasty the Spurs created by trading Dejounte to Atlanta might have been prematurely crowned, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    earliest pick we get from them is 2025, so still a lot that can happen between now and then

but one thing that WILL happen is Murray is getting a new deal and a massive raise. if they actually move Trae, it will be very hard for them to basically max murray and then build around that in time to avoid giving us a good 2025 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that Hawks dynasty the Spurs created by trading Dejounte to Atlanta might have been prematurely crowned, tbh.
    IKR....I just knew pairing DJ with Lil' El DeBarge wouldn't work too well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    earliest pick we get from them is 2025, so still a lot that can happen between now and then

but one thing that WILL happen is Murray is getting a new deal and a massive raise. if they actually move Trae, it will be very hard for them to basically max murray and then build around that in time to avoid giving us a good 2025 pick
    He won’t sign an extension, because that would leave a lot of money on the table. Klutch made that very clear, which means ATL will see him go unrestricted in 2024. If they offload Trae, and it doesn’t go well, he may move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won’t sign an extension, because that would leave a lot of money on the table. Klutch made that very clear, which means ATL will see him go unrestricted in 2024. If they offload Trae, and it doesn’t go well, he may move on.
    doesnt have to be an extension. but he would still get the most money re-upping with atlanta as a UFA. if klutch is all about maximizing money, they wouldnt move on and leave that extra money on the table

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesnt have to be an extension. but he would still get the most money re-upping with atlanta as a UFA. if klutch is all about maximizing money, they wouldnt move on and leave that extra money on the table
    Most of the extra money is in the extra year. The per season isn’t much different. He won’t move on unless he’s unhappy, and if he’s unhappy, one extra year on a team where’s he’s unhappy won’t be a draw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the extra money is in the extra year. The per season isn’t much different. He won’t move on unless he’s unhappy, and if he’s unhappy, one extra year on a team where’s he’s unhappy won’t be a draw.
    You are forgetting that every year it’s only the piss poor managed franchises/franchises that nobody wants to play for have money like Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento, San Antonio etc which leaves the team with bird rights well positioned to get something back in return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Hawks don't fall apart too soon, or else they'll have enough time to become at least decent again before the picks start to convey.

You are forgetting that every year it’s only the piss poor managed franchises/franchises that nobody wants to play for have money like Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento, San Antonio etc which leaves the team with bird rights well positioned to get something back in return.
    I notice you conveniently left out the team better at this than any other, none other than your Craptors (how are they doing, by the way?). Ironically, DeFrozen is the only prominent player who wanted to be there that they willingly traded.

Management doesn't have anything to do with "nobody" wanting to play in the non glamor markets. If it did, attracting top players wouldn't have been a problem here during the two decade dynasty, nor would it be with the present day Bucks and Nuggets, recent past Pacers and Jazz, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if Hawks are going to give DJM the bag. Hawks owner isn't willing to go into the luxury tax, like 1m below this season. Which really hurt them this season as they didn't want to extend Kevin Huerter and traded him to the Kings. He is having a career year too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be funny if the hawks miss the playoffs this year and end up with wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be funny if the hawks miss the playoffs this year and end up with wemby.
    No it wouldn’t. Not even remotely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing worse than having to blow it all up is having to blow it all up right after you've traded away 3 years of draft future. Hawks staring that in the face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing worse than having to blow it all up is having to blow it all up right after you've traded away 3 years of draft future. Hawks staring that in the face.
    I’m not sure they want to ‘blow it up’ but there is certainly some dissatisfaction on the part of Trae. At some point, if he’s having problems with teammates and problem with coaches, maybe the problem is him. I’m not sure you can build a team around him, talent wise, and I’m not sure you even want to if he’s such a baby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure they want to ‘blow it up’ but there is certainly some dissatisfaction on the part of Trae. At some point, if he’s having problems with teammates and problem with coaches, maybe the problem is him. I’m not sure you can build a team around him, talent wise, and I’m not sure you even want to if he’s such a baby.
    Of course they don't want to blow it up, but if Trae demands out - then the Hawks are in the position of looking at maxing DJ as the lead horse. I think the Spurs wisely punted away from that scenario. With that said, certainly Trae will fetch a nice return in terms of assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they don't want to blow it up, but if Trae demands out - then the Hawks are in the position of looking at maxing DJ as the lead horse. I think the Spurs wisely punted away from that scenario. With that said, certainly Trae will fetch a nice return in terms of assets.
    The Hawks signed John Collins to a 5/$125M contract, and it really should have been 4/$80 or maybe 4/$90 deal. They’ll probably geek, and give him what Klutch wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, they're a .500 team. Why would anybody expect more from them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, they're a .500 team. Why would anybody expect more from them?
    Because with mostly the same cast, and no Dejounte, the made the ECFs in 2021?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that if they trade Trae they are likely to get better. I really have no idea how to gauge this from the spurs perspective in that a lot can happen quickly in this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that if they trade Trae they are likely to get better. I really have no idea how to gauge this from the spurs perspective in that a lot can happen quickly in this league.
    Depends on who comes back. Sometimes, lowering the temperature in the locker room and on the floor can do wonders for a team. If I were the ATL front office, I’d try to get the best knockdown shooter available, and put the ball in DJs hands.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me they have done a great job of acquiring talented young players but idiotically built around Trae. More importantly, the team and coaches seem to hate Trae so the dysfunction appears to be here now. Getting rid of him should improve them. I’m hoping they don’t trade Trae and let this fester. But I’m just speculating from the outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas made the WCF last year and they are as mediocre as they come. Doesn't mean much, especially now that there are no great teams in the league anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Hawks don't fall apart too soon, or else they'll have enough time to become at least decent again before the picks start to convey.

I notice you conveniently left out the team better at this than any other, none other than your Craptors (how are they doing, by the way?). Ironically, DeFrozen is the only prominent player who wanted to be there that they willingly traded.

Management doesn't have anything to do with "nobody" wanting to play in the non glamor markets. If it did, attracting top players wouldn't have been a problem here during the two decade dynasty, nor would it be with the present day Bucks and Nuggets, recent past Pacers and Jazz, etc.
    https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...ial-Sequel.jpg

Last edited by KingKev; 12-24-2022 at 05:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas made the WCF last year and they are as mediocre as they come. Doesn't mean much, especially now that there are no great teams in the league anymore.
    What a coincidence. Dallas is also seen as disfunctional.

Oh, and they also lost Brunson who was huge for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure teams will fight and trade the farm for a potential toxic player like Trae...

Everyone is perfectly aware of what's going on in Atlanta and seeing the guy whine and (if that's true) want out 5 months after Atlanta gave away a boatload of picks to please him... I can see other teams try to lowball the Hawks anyway... We've seen what happened with Durant last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks signed John Collins to a 5/$125M contract, and it really should have been 4/$80 or maybe 4/$90 deal. They’ll probably geek, and give him what Klutch wants.
    They made the ECF then looks like they overvalued what they had. Miami made to the finals then doubled down. Atlanta has some interesting choices in the summer before the pick conveys,.
    4 players will total 115 million and DJM will be a free agent.

Thread Information