Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard to understand how any mavs or nba fan cant get this after seeing dirk the past 20 years

lukas too big/strong for smaller defenders, too much handles/shiftiness for larger defenders, and too skilled/smart for supremely athletic defenders. and he has a couple difficult go-to shots he can hit consistently when defended "perfectly" with his weird floater and step-back jumper

he has answers without needing to be supremely athletic just like dirk did. as long as he stays healthy he should be just fine
    imo He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That fatso is good tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Trey Young outplaying and beating Doncic again.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hard to understand how any mavs or nba fan cant get this after seeing dirk the past 20 years

lukas too big/strong for smaller defenders, too much handles/shiftiness for larger defenders, and too skilled/smart for supremely athletic defenders. and he has a couple difficult go-to shots he can hit consistently when defended "perfectly" with his weird floater and step-back jumper

he has answers without needing to be supremely athletic just like dirk did. as long as he stays healthy he should be just fine
    tbh if this isn't subtle trolling you're just putting the ball on the tee...

imo

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How many star players are even true “elite athletes”? Harden, Steph, Lillard, Beal, Klay, Kyrie, Jokic all would not qualify as “elite” athletes, and a couple of them are average at best. Luka just needs to improve conditioning more than anything, and get a bit more explosive.
    that's a good point but I'd say Steph, Lillard, and Kyrie have elite quickness IMO

Although Harden is actually a good comparison, since he doesn't rely on quickness to beat his defender but moreso the pick-and-roll game and threat of the stepback jumper. That dunk over Draymond Green was the exception rather than the norm. No reason Doncic can't develop into that kind of player, just needs to learn how to draw fouls once he starts getting the star treatment tbh

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Just met up with my bro Luka Doncic! Glad to see he's doing big things now! Go get em Bro!

#MFFL #tooblessedtobestressed #HalleLUKA

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Username checks out tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sticking to your username i see.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Username checks out tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my second time watching the Mavs this year, so i'm not an expert but I'm going to pretend I am one. Dennis Smith Jr is an embarrassment. The dude never looks for others and is a total black hole. My only question is does he always play this stupid or is it normal for him to ignore Doncic and jump in the air and force a bad pass for a turnover. Doncic is for real btw. The dude has no weaknesses offensively and that's with him not being used to NBA speed. Next year he is going to be an All Star. It's rare for a Euro to just come in the NBA and play his normal game, usually they are too slow or they aren't used to shooting so quickly bc of how fast the close outs are. But he gives zero about who is guarding him and just has extreme confidence in his abilities. Also the Mavs should trade Smith now while his value is high and get a person who will actually play well with Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my second time watching the Mavs this year, so i'm not an expert but I'm going to pretend I am one. Dennis Smith Jr is an embarrassment. The dude never looks for others and is a total black hole. My only question is does he always play this stupid or is it normal for him to ignore Doncic and jump in the air and force a bad pass for a turnover. Doncic is for real btw. The dude has no weaknesses offensively and that's with him not being used to NBA speed. Next year he is going to be an All Star. It's rare for a Euro to just come in the NBA and play his normal game, usually they are too slow or they aren't used to shooting so quickly bc of how fast the close outs are. But he gives zero about who is guarding him and just has extreme confidence in his abilities. Also the Mavs should trade Smith now while his value is high and get a person who will actually play well with Luka.
    it's actually the first game back from injury for smith and personally i think he has good chemistry with doncic. smith is also a sopho and has shown he belongs, so i wouldn't be so black and white on him.. he doesn't have extremely negatives like a ball does and dallas basically started rebuilding last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's actually the first game back from injury for smith and personally i think he has good chemistry with doncic. smith is also a sopho and has shown he belongs, so i wouldn't be so black and white on him.. he doesn't have extremely negatives like a ball does and dallas basically started rebuilding last year.
    I didn't know he was injured. As a Mavs expert I guess I am being too critical, but the mistakes I'm watching him make tonight are ones that are coached out of a player in high school tbh. I would get benched if I were to continuously drive in the lane with no plan, jump in the air with no real person to pass it to, and then turn the ball over. He's young I know but these are just dumb mistakes that 14 year olds make and probably aging Rick Carlisle. It's only one game and like you said he is coming off an injury, but I wasn't impressed with him last year and that may be clouding my judgement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DSJ is ing trash tbh. They should ship him out for picks/other prospects while he still has some value

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's been way better than i thought

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is amazing already. Atlanta has to be hating themselves for trading him to Dallas.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This Nicca is the worst at rating young players he just gave Dsjr the kiss of death...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude just made the shot of the season.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Dude hit a corner three. Big deal. He shot 33% and they’ve lost 6 in a row. The hype over this professional “rookie” is ridiculous.

I am so glad the Suns picked Ayton. He just keeps getting better and improving his team as the season goes along.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude hit a corner three. Big deal. He shot 33% and they’ve lost 6 in a row. The hype over this professional “rookie” is ridiculous.

I am so glad the Suns picked Ayton. He just keeps getting better and improving his team as the season goes along.
    Try again but sounding less butthurt.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ayton got destroyed by Thomas ing Bryant. When he will start to play defense at least a little I will consider him for the ROY award. Being a black Enes Cancer doesn't really excite me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got.

Thread Information