Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Maurice 'Reggie' Shepperson, 36, died from COVID-19 on Tuesday
    He had tested positive for the virus in June after a work trip to Hawaii
    His mother and best friend have said he was fully vaccinated and took all precautions like washing his hands and wearing a mask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess that mask sure helped
    Had he not worn it so much he would have lived

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh taken hydrochloride and a z pack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sEe? tEh vAcCinE nOt WorKinG iS wOrThLesS mE nO TaKe iT

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sEe? tEh vAcCinE nOt WorKinG iS wOrThLesS mE nO TaKe iT
    Your wife took the jab.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    His ma and best friend won't be found on CNN I'll betcha.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Another lardass per par etc

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The CDC’s refusal to issue guidance that vaccine or not vaccine being a lardass increases your risk of getting hospitalized/dying from COVID has probably led to a loss of life that could have been avoided but people were scared of fat shaming.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The CDC’s refusal to issue guidance that vaccine or not vaccine being a lardass increases your risk of getting hospitalized/dying from COVID has probably led to a loss of life that could have been avoided but people were scared of fat shaming.
    yep. No coincidence that all these non elderly severe cases that are reported comprise of individuals who look like they regularly attend spurstalk GTGs

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yep. No coincidence that all these non elderly severe cases that are reported comprise of individuals who look like they regularly attend spurstalk GTGs
    this child (pictured right) has lost his battle with COVID-19 despite no pre-existing conditions or health problems

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh my brother is about 165 pounds and in ridiculously good shape with no pre-existing conditions had a pretty ugly case of COVID last year.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Meh my brother is about 165 pounds and in ridiculously good shape with no pre-existing conditions had a pretty ugly case of COVID last year.
    It probably would have been even worse if he weighed 265 lbs. No one’s saying that being physically fit makes you 100% immune, but it’s pretty clear that your risk goes way down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably would have been even worse if he weighed 265 lbs. No one’s saying that being physically fit makes you 100% immune, but it’s pretty clear that your risk goes way down.
    It would have obviously been worse if he was fat but I would guess if you get exposed to a lot of viral load (eg working closely with someone who is asymptomatic positive) things can be ugly regardless of your health. People shouldn't think they're in the clear just because they're not morbidly obese.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It would have obviously been worse if he was fat but I would guess if you get exposed to a lot of viral load (eg working closely with someone who is asymptomatic positive) things can be ugly regardless of your health. People shouldn't think they're in the clear just because they're not morbidly obese.
    Agreed but your brother’s Covid was before there were vaccines.

I do think that if you’re <65 years old, fully vaccinated AND in good physical shape the chances of needing to be hospitalized from COVID-19 are extremely slim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fat-shaming in this context pretty much amounts to suggesting that contracting a contagious disease is a personal choice.

it's moronic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Typical COVID Death Rate for the Fully Vaccinated? ‘Effectively Zero’
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-w...ectively-zero/

Strawman:
    A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person’s argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

Scientists:

You should get vaccinated because getting fully vaccinated vastly decreases your chances of being hospitalized, and nearly eliminates your chances of dying.

Idiots:
    You said no one would die if they got vaccined, and people still die from COVID after getting vaccinated, so you must be wrong about getting vaccinated, here is someone who died.

The strawman logical fallacy is, essentially a lie. Anti-vax idiots lie about what scientists say, then attack that lie to "prove" how good their case is.

Let's see if this format holds up.

Same logical format:
    People still die in traffic accidents, so I don't need a seatbelt.
    People still die from food poisoning, so I don't need to cook raw meat.
    People still die from falling out of planes, so I don't need a parachute before I jump out.
    Peopple still die from getting hit crossing the street, so I don't need to look both ways.

This is how stupid the OP is. Really that dumb.

It is, and never was, about absolute certainty, it is about reducing risk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fat-shaming in this context pretty much amounts to suggesting that contracting a contagious disease is a personal choice.

it's moronic.
    No one is saying that. They are saying that Covid expedites the death they would inevitably face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprising...

The most vaccine-hesitant group of all? PhDs

A new study found that the most educated are the least likely to get jabbed

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-most-...p-of-all-phds/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is saying that. They are saying that Covid expedites the death they would inevitably face.
    This is nonsense. The passage of time expedites the death we all inevitably face. The talk around comorbidities has a clear rhetorical trend in this forum, namely placing blame on patients.

It's bull from the get go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed but your brother’s Covid was before there were vaccines.

I do think that if you’re <65 years old, fully vaccinated AND in good physical shape the chances of needing to be hospitalized from COVID-19 are extremely slim.
    I personally know a 36 year old guy, non smoker, perfect health, works out every day, ripped, no fat etc. Spent a week in the ICU and damn near had to be ventilated.

He wasn't vaccinated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it's pretty simple:

Eat right, exercise, etc plus get vaccinated and you increase your chances of living

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally know a 36 year old guy, non smoker, perfect health, works out every day, ripped, no fat etc. Spent a week in the ICU and damn near had to be ventilated.

He wasn't vaccinated.
    Sucks to hear. At least he has beaten it though now? My brother is early 30s and when I go hiking with him he murders me. Like we'll do 15 miles with 3000 feet of elevation gain and loss and I'll be dragging the last couple of miles and he looks about as tired as if he walked the dog at the park. He didn't have anyhwere near as bad as the guy you know but was having blood oxygen at like 93-94%, temperature at 103.6, and lung problems that thankfully cleared up three months after.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I mean it's pretty simple:

Eat right, exercise, etc plus get vaccinated and you increase your chances of living
    Fact of the matter is even old, overweight people with health problems have a much better chance against COVID with a vaccine than without.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

He wasn't vaccinated.
    Do these guys struggle during flu season too? Just seems odd to see perfectly fit guys like that all of a sudden get wrecked by COVID but who knows....I'm in good shape too, and pretty much never get anything outside of a once a year "flu-like" symptoms for a day but there was one time I got some kind of food poisoning that made me contemplate the viability of suicide for like 9 days or so. just outta nowhere.

Thread Information