Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?” asked Florida representative Jim Boyd. "We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," replied Planned Parenthood lobbyist Alisa LaPolt Snow.
    So the Fla govt. wants to make a law that if an abortion is botched, and the child comes out alive then the aborted baby has to be protected. I agree. No brainer. Until Planned Parenthood decided to fight it. It looks like this is part Planned Parenthood shouldn't have gotten into the fight. But also they have a pretty dumb spokesperson answering the questions.

The quote above wasn't her only stupid remark. If you get past the pro-life facts and sappy music, there are some gems from her. For instance, not wanting to save an infant because it could be in a rural area and take an hour to get to a real hospital.

Planned Parenthood released this in response to their infanticide statements by their spokesperson.

http://www.ppaction.org/site/PageSer...campaign=ppact
    Last edited by spursncowboys; 04-05-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: wrong hyperlink to Planned Parenthood

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all depends on whether for fetus is viable, or not. "saved" extreme preemies sounds wonderful but they often aren't healthy throughout life due to incomplete gestation and incomplete growth of organs in utero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Fla govt. wants to make a law that if an abortion is botched, and the child comes out alive then the aborted baby has to be protected. I agree. No brainer. Until Planned Parenthood decided to fight it. It looks like this is part Planned Parenthood shouldn't have gotten into the fight. But also they have a pretty dumb spokesperson answering the questions.

The quote above wasn't her only stupid remark. If you get past the pro-life facts and sappy music, there are some gems from her. For instance, not wanting to save an infant because it could be in a rural area and take an hour to get to a real hospital.

Planned Parenthood released this in response to their infanticide statements by their spokesperson.

http://jezebel.com/5993480/planned-p...o-be-clarified
    If the ignorant, stupid, disgusting ing waits that long to dispose of her unwanted child it's almost a mercy killing. The odds of a kid coming out of that ed up situation as a solid citizen after they "save" it and give it back to the kunt is virtually zero. Too bad they can't legislate that the stupid kunt has to have her tubes tied at the same time.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than the fact that she wasn't prepared for the types of questions she was going to be asked, I don't see what the outrage is about. Those dudes asked decent HYPOTHETICAL questions, but if they knew anything about abortions, when they typically occur during pregnancy, and what fetuses are actual capable of outside of the womb...they would've realized that the PR chick had no idea what she was talking about either. What all the anti-choice people should be freaked out about is how the men asking questions basically said "Well, if we let you have your little abortions, and if by some really small percentage a fetus survived, and it was breathing on its own outside of the womb, then we'd be cool with the abortion if you let us force the doctor to keep it alive even if it costs a ton of money - cuz most abortions take place so early in the pregnancy and premature neonatal care costs a ton of money." Yea, read that and tell me that's not what those suit wearing assholes meant with their questions.

And hey look, a Catholic hospital recently said fetuses aren't people and the Courts agreed. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-case/1863013/

I wouldn't take anything that PR said to heart, there is no policy in Planned Parenthood for a fetus struggling to live outside the womb. But now, I want them to make such a policy just to see what they'd say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    viable lungs are essentially third trimester even with the amazing things they can do in neonatal intensive care.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    viable lungs are essentially third trimester even with the amazing things they can do in neonatal intensive care.

Oh, alrighty. Well, I wonder if anyone can let me know 1)when a fetus is considered to have viable lungs? and 2) how often third trimester abortions are performed (in the United States)? Just something to google when ya'll get the chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, alrighty. Well, I wonder if anyone can let me know 1)when a fetus is considered to have viable lungs? and 2) how often third trimester abortions are performed (in the United States)? Just something to google when ya'll get the chance.
    I think that is the point of this legislation. It would barely ever occur. That is why Planned Parenthood shouldn't have fought it. That is why that pro-choice dem said he would support the bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the ignorant, stupid, disgusting ing waits that long to dispose of her unwanted child it's almost a mercy killing. The odds of a kid coming out of that ed up situation as a solid citizen after they "save" it and give it back to the kunt is virtually zero. Too bad they can't legislate that the stupid kunt has to have her tubes tied at the same time.
    The girl is a spokesperson for PP. I don't know if she is even a mother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not against abortion and in fact wish more of these substandard irresponsible kunts would choose that option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fetal development: The second trimester

Fetal development takes on new meaning in the second trimester. Highlights might include finding out your baby's sex and feeling your baby move.By Mayo Clinic staffAs your pregnancy progresses, your baby might begin to seem more real. You might hear the heartbeat at your prenatal appointments, and your enlarging abdomen might force you to put away your favorite jeans.
    While you're adjusting to the changes in your body, fetal development takes on new meaning. Two months ago, your baby was simply a cluster of cells. Now he or she has functioning organs, nerves and muscles. Find out what happens during the second trimester by checking out this weekly calendar of events. Keep in mind that measurements are approximate.
    Week 13: Urine formsThirteen weeks into your pregnancy, or 11 weeks after conception, your baby's intestines have returned to his or her abdomen from the umbilical cord — where they've been growing for the past couple of weeks. Your baby is also beginning to form urine and discharge it into the amniotic fluid.
    Tissue that will become bone is also developing around your baby's head and within his or her arms and legs.
    Week 14: Baby's sex becomes apparentFourteen weeks into your pregnancy, or 12 weeks after conception, your baby's arms have almost reached the final relative lengths they'll be at birth and your baby's neck has become more defined. Red blood cells are forming in your baby's spleen.
    Your baby's sex will become apparent this week or in the coming weeks. For girls, ovarian follicles begin forming. For boys, the prostate appears.
    By now your baby might be almost 3 1/2 inches (90 millimeters) long from crown to rump and weigh about 1 1/2 ounces (40 grams).
    Week 15: Baby's skeleton develops bonesFifteen weeks into your pregnancy, or 13 weeks after conception, your baby is growing rapidly. Your baby's skeleton is developing bones, which will become visible on ultrasound images in a few weeks. Your baby's scalp hair pattern also is forming.
    Week 16: Baby can make sucking motions
    Sixteen weeks into your pregnancy, or 14 weeks after conception, your baby's eyes have begun to face forward and slowly move. The ears are close to reaching their final position. Your baby might be able to make sucking motions with his or her mouth.
    Your baby's movements are becoming coordinated and can be detected during ultrasound exams.
    By now your baby might be more than 4 1/2 inches (120 millimeters) long from crown to rump.
    Week 17: Fat ac ulatesSeventeen weeks into your pregnancy, or 15 weeks after conception, fat stores begin to develop under your baby's skin. The fat will provide energy and help keep your baby warm after birth.
    Week 18: Baby begins to hearEighteen weeks into your pregnancy, or 16 weeks after conception, your baby's ears begin to stand out on the sides of his or her head. Your baby might begin to hear.
    By now your baby might be 5 1/2 inches (140 millimeters) long from crown to rump and weigh 7 ounces (200 grams).
    Week 19: Baby's uterus formsNineteen weeks into your pregnancy, or 17 weeks after conception, a greasy, cheese-like coating called vernix caseosa begins to cover your baby. The vernix caseosa helps protect your baby's delicate skin from abrasions, chapping and hardening that can result from exposure to amniotic fluid.
    For girls, the uterus and vagina might begin to form this week.

Week 20: The halfway point

Halfway into your pregnancy, or 18 weeks after conception, you might be able to feel your baby's first movements, also known as quickening. If you've been pregnant before, you might have begun feeling your baby's movements a few weeks ago.
    By now your baby might be about 6 1/3 inches (160 millimeters) long from crown to rump.
    Week 21: Baby can swallow

Twenty-one weeks into your pregnancy, or 19 weeks after conception, your baby is poised to gain more weight. By this week your baby is becoming more active and is able to swallow.
    Week 22: Baby's hair becomes visible

Twenty-two weeks into your pregnancy, or 20 weeks after conception, your baby is completely covered with a fine, down-like hair called lanugo. The lanugo helps hold the vernix caseosa on the skin. Your baby's eyebrows might be visible.
    By now your baby might be 7 1/2 inches (190 millimeters) long from crown to rump and weigh 1 pound (460 grams).
    Week 23: Fingerprints and footprints form

Twenty-three weeks into your pregnancy, or 21 weeks after conception, your baby's skin is wrinkled, more translucent than before and pink to red in color.
    This week your baby begins to have rapid eye movements. Your baby's tongue will soon develop taste buds. Fingerprints and footprints are forming. For boys, the testes are descending from the abdomen. For girls, the uterus and ovaries are in place — complete with a lifetime supply of eggs.
    With intensive medical care, some babies born this week might be able to survive.
    Week 24: Real hair grows

Twenty-four weeks into your pregnancy, or 22 weeks after conception, your baby is regularly sleeping and waking. Real hair is growing on his or her head.
    By now your baby might be about 8 inches (210 millimeters) long from crown to rump and weigh more than 1 1/3 pounds (630 grams).
    Week 25: Baby responds to your voice

Twenty-five weeks into your pregnancy, or 23 weeks after conception, your baby's hands and startle reflex are developing. Your baby might be able to respond to familiar sounds, such as your voice, with movement.
    Week 26: Baby's fingernails develop

Twenty-six weeks into your pregnancy, or 24 weeks after conception, your baby has fingernails.
    Your baby's lungs are beginning to produce surfactant, the substance that allows the air sacs in the lungs to inflate — and keeps them from collapsing and sticking together when they deflate.
    By now your baby might be 9 inches (230 millimeters) long from crown to rump and weigh nearly 2 pounds (820 grams).
    Week 27: Second trimester ends

This week marks the end of the second trimester. At 27 weeks, or 25 weeks after conception, your baby's lungs and nervous system are continuing to mature — and he or she has likely been growing like a weed. Your baby's crown-to-rump length might have tripled since the 12-week mark.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I think is real sad that do many people are so willing to snuff out, or approve of snuffing out innocent life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The girl is a spokesperson for PP. I don't know if she is even a mother.
    LOL I know she is the unfortunate junior associate that drew the black bean to perform in front of that committee. Never said she was the babymama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think is real sad that do many people are so willing to snuff out, or approve of snuffing out innocent life.
    I think it is really sad when tens of thousands of irresponsible kunts bring babies into this world that they have no intention or means of giving that baby a fighting chance of becoming a mainstream citizen.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    every decision should be left up to the husband or the physician, but never to the herself imho. es are evils and if they don't want the babies (in most cases they don't, otherwise they would've never resorted to abortion in the first place) they wouldnt scruple to kill them babies like they kill s & fish in the kitchen. if you give every the equal strength an average man has, while letting them keep their evil minds, the crime rate in this nation would rise by 200% tbh.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I think it is really sad when tens of thousands of irresponsible kunts bring babies into this world that they have no intention or means of giving that baby a fighting chance of becoming a mainstream citizen.
    True. Abortion should never be used as birth control. If you recall, I advocate tube tying to prevent farther instances.

Let us not exclude the irresponsible fathers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    abortion isn't very popular, is traumatic, but if no abortion, what do we do with 1M unwanted babies/yerar?

the anti-abortion stance is dead simple in theory, but in practice, you pro-lifers NEVER have an answer for that.

and now the vagina-obsessed Repugs and "Christians" want to make contraception illegal.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-05-2013 at 08:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's really sad when people try to impose their will on matters they have no business in, even more so when it's due to some religious bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Fla govt. wants to make a law that if an abortion is botched, and the child comes out alive then the aborted baby has to be protected. I agree. No brainer.
    What's the no-brainer? Mother doesn't want him, that's why she's aborting in the first place. The SCOTUS was pretty clear that up until X months, the decision is on the mother. The State trying to make decisions during that time is simply something they're not allowed to do.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    What's the no-brainer? Mother doesn't want him, that's why she's aborting in the first place. The SCOTUS was pretty clear that up until X months, the decision is on the mother. The State trying to make decisions during that time is simply something they're not allowed to do.
    Would you also advocate a mother leaving a 1 year old child in a dumpster to die if she decides she doesn't want the child?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you didn't understand that the baby came out of the womb, so is then a citizen and under protection. That's the no brainer. Unless you are for infanticide. Which still admits that the child is a living thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you also advocate a mother leaving a 1 year old child in a dumpster to die if she decides she doesn't want the child?
    AFAIK, that's a crime. And after 1 year, the State is legally allowed to decide what to do with that child.

You really suck at actually addressing the points discussed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is a religious issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AFAIK, that's a crime. And after 1 year, the State is legally allowed to decide what to do with that child.

You really suck at actually addressing the points discussed.
    It's a good point. At what point IYO is it a human being and protected under the laws of the land? most pro-choice people AFAIK believe in the womb it isn't. But even alive out of the womb, you still don't consider it a human?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you didn't understand that the baby came out of the womb, so is then a citizen and under protection. That's the no brainer. Unless you are for infanticide. Which still admits that the child is a living thing.
    You keep missing that in Roe vs Wade:

The Court explicitly rejected a fetal "right to life" argument.

and

a fetus is not "a person within the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment"

Thread Information