San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who hurt you son?

You LkrFans and the damn Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who hurt you son?
    Lakers won a sham bubble championship when they fold this year without true MVP Davis being healthy-Mr. peripatetic and probable PED using James will proffer a BS excuse.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers won a sham bubble championship when they fold this year without true MVP Davis being healthy-Mr. peripatetic and probable PED using James will proffer a BS excuse.
    Lakers absolutely need AD healthy to defend their le. You right bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers absolutely need AD healthy to defend their le. You right bruh
    Of course. Honestly I’m surprised how bad the lakers look without that backstabber though. I thought chairman Bron can lead them by himself to a more respectable record.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course. Honestly I’m surprised how bad the lakers look without that backstabber though. I thought chairman Bron can lead them by himself to a more respectable record.
    When a team trades a player under contract, it's all good. When a player under contract requests a trade, they're back stabbers. Sounds about white.

Even though the team failed to surround him with competent talent in 7 years and used football trainers for their NBA team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a team trades a player under contract, it's all good. When a player under contract requests a trade, they're back stabbers. Sounds about white.

Even though the team failed to surround him with competent talent in 7 years and used football trainers for their NBA team?
    This is about the dumbest argument about player trades and one that is most used. Sports is built based on the implicit ability of a team to trade and waive players. The duties of which player goes to which team is the role of a Gm, not of a player. The misunderstanding of roles in how a trade in sports is astounding. While not the perfect analogy, a company can lay-off its employees with the right compensation as outlined by law based on organization direction, but an employee can’t just decide not to work for a company and force the compensation for the layoff.

Anthony Davis willingly signed an extension with with pelicans even when they failed to surround him with decent players. He just wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is about the dumbest argument about player trades and one that is most used. Sports is built based on the implicit ability of a team to trade and waive players. The duties of which player goes to which team is the role of a Gm, not of a player. The misunderstanding of roles in how a trade in sports is astounding. While not the perfect analogy, a company can lay-off its employees with the right compensation as outlined by law based on organization direction, but an employee can’t just decide not to work for a company and force the compensation for the layoff.

Anthony Davis willingly signed an extension with with pelicans even when they failed to surround him with decent players. He just wanted to have his cake and eat it too.
    im not a big fan of all the player “empowerment”, though it has merit, but in Davis’ case he signed that extension in 2015, he gave them plenty of time to get it together.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    im not a big fan of all the player “empowerment”, though it has merit, but in Davis’ case he signed that extension in 2015, he gave them plenty of time to get it together.
    ^ this. I didn't even read most of amb's drivel. AD gave them 7 years and they failed him...just like MVPau in Memphis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis knee the pelicans wouldn’t attract any free agents and that his play will result in them having a high lottery pick. He can’t be that dumb to expect the pels put things together out of thin air.

My biggest issue with player empowerment is that the small market teams will have an even harder time putting a le winning team together than before. Teams can draft as well as they could but players can just quit on a team and force a trade after signing a $40m/yr extension to force a trade to sunny California or New York City.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ this. I didn't even read most of amb's drivel. AD gave them 7 years and they failed him...just like MVPau in Memphis
    You didn’t didn’t read it, you just can’t respond because it shattered your crap argument.

MVPau didn’t quit, he still gave it his all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could have not signed it and just signed the 1 year qualifying offer and became a FA after his 5th year. I'm surprised more players don't do this if they truly don't like playing for the team they were drafted by. I know I would go this route and just save up all my money for the next 5 years in case of a career threatening injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis knee the pelicans wouldn’t attract any free agents and that his play will result in them having a high lottery pick. He can’t be that dumb to expect the pels put things together out of thin air.

My biggest issue with player empowerment is that the small market teams will have an even harder time putting a le winning team together than before. Teams can draft as well as they could but players can just quit on a team and force a trade after signing a $40m/yr extension to force a trade to sunny California or New York City.
    I mean, I’m sure he wasn’t expecting for them to sign LeBron, but what was the best roster they gave him while he was there? If they could’ve given him a decent roster like Portland did for Dame, Milwaukee did for Giannis, and denver has for Jokic, maybe he would’ve stayed. Or maybe he wouldn’t have, but they didn’t do themselves any favors IMO.

like I said, some of this “player empowerment” movement is flawed like kawhi running to NY or Harden forcing his way to the Nets. He’s obviously taking the easy way out to a championship..but I feel like there’s definitely a balance to be found in between that and the Celtics and Pistons letting players play through injuries for ticket sales at the detriment of their long term careers or players like AD wasting away on team with an incompetent FO.

If a player isn’t performing they usually get traded or bought out. FO should have a longer leash than players, but they should still have a leash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo let the best guys go wherever they want but make it two superstars max per team, that would be fun to watch. although idk how you enforce it and it would probably create too much parity, that’s my ideal scenario for the future of the nba. Before Harden forced his way to the Nets it seemed like we were on our way to a decent season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo let the best guys go wherever they want but make it two superstars max per team, that would be fun to watch. although idk how you enforce it and it would probably create too much parity, that’s my ideal scenario for the future of the nba. Before Harden forced his way to the Nets it seemed like we were on our way to a decent season.
    Wasn't upset about Harden going to the Nets. I have just accepted this is the super team era until the current generation of millennial superstars (Lebron,Kawhi,Harden,Durant,etc) are out of the league and i say this as an older millennial. Hopefully we'll see a reset in mentality with generation Z stars in the next several years or they could continue the trend but we'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I’m sure he wasn’t expecting for them to sign LeBron, but what was the best roster they gave him while he was there? If they could’ve given him a decent roster like Portland did for Dame, Milwaukee did for Giannis, and denver has for Jokic, maybe he would’ve stayed. Or maybe he wouldn’t have, but they didn’t do themselves any favors IMO.

like I said, some of this “player empowerment” movement is flawed like kawhi running to NY or Harden forcing his way to the Nets. He’s obviously taking the easy way out to a championship..but I feel like there’s definitely a balance to be found in between that and the Celtics and Pistons letting players play through injuries for ticket sales at the detriment of their long term careers or players like AD wasting away on team with an incompetent FO.

If a player isn’t performing they usually get traded or bought out. FO should have a longer leash than players, but they should still have a leash.
    A part of it is guys like Dame,Giannis,Jokic are just built in a different way mentally than Davis. Davis always struck me as a guy that was never going to win a le as the best player on his team and that he would have to play with even better player to win it all. Obviously that prophecy came true with him playing with Lebron. I think he even knows it in his mind and heart that he's a number 2 guy hence him not being upset about Lebron getting all the credit as the number 1 guy.

Thread Information