Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    7th largest city in the united states
    Should make more money then, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should make more money then, no?
    It's like calling Iraq's army the "4th largest". It really really drops off after 3rd.

The numbers are misleading also. DFW and Arlington metroplex has about 7.5 million people. That's the actual market for the Mavericks where as San Antonio has New Braunfels and San Marcos. Austin residents are split 3 ways with NBA teams, that's just the ones who don't leg ride the Lakers, Warriors or, now, the Suns. We know who those people are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just happened? The Spurs weren't too far from making the Finals in 2012. 2012 was the run that felt like it came out of nowhere.
    Even 2012 wasn’t out of no where. They got upset, but were the 1 seed in ‘11. 13/14 had plenty of build up, arguably the most build up of all the championship teams in the 10s. ‘15 Warriors might be tied, but every other championship team came out of nowhere (Mavs 11, raptors 19) or was a super team that was expected to win a chip right away (bron heat, kd warriors, Lebron second stint w cavs).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even 2012 wasn’t out of no where. They got upset, but were the 1 seed in ‘11. 13/14 had plenty of build up, arguably the most build up of all the championship teams in the 10s. ‘15 Warriors might be tied, but every other championship team came out of nowhere (Mavs 11, raptors 19) or was a super team that was expected to win a chip right away (bron heat, kd warriors, Lebron second stint w cavs).
    Team looked old and washed up in 11, and only got that great record fattening up in the early season while falling apart late. I still think the only team in the West they would have beaten in the first round that year was New Orleans. But Tim lost some weight and Diaw + Leonard + Green added a real shot in the arm to the team, plus they cut the dead weight of Jefferson for Jackson. Felt like a completely new and energized team while the 2011 team felt like a dying power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team looked old and washed up in 11, and only got that great record fattening up in the early season while falling apart late. I still think the only team in the West they would have beaten in the first round that year was New Orleans. But Tim lost some weight and Diaw + Leonard + Green added a real shot in the arm to the team, plus they cut the dead weight of Jefferson for Jackson. Felt like a completely new and energized team while the 2011 team felt like a dying power.
    Replacing finished McDyess with Splitter as well. Honestly, all the moves the Spurs pulled that started with the Hill for Nephew trade, Green and Splitter getting more playing time, then trading Jefferson for Jax. And then adding Diaw + Mills from the buyout market. Really paid off for them. Too bad PATFO fell off a cliff badly after 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replacing finished McDyess with Splitter as well. Honestly, all the moves the Spurs pulled that started with the Hill for Nephew trade, Green and Splitter getting more playing time, then trading Jefferson for Jax. And then adding Diaw + Mills from the buyout market. Really paid off for them. Too bad PATFO fell off a cliff badly after 2014.
    Forgot about that, though Splitter couldnt get any minutes that year if I remember right (or was that 2011?) Had a friend who ended up sitting next to RC at a game one of those years and asked why Splitter wasnt getting minutes and RC just kind of said nothing but gave my friend a look of frustration lol.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's simple: Kawhi = Championship contender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's simple: Kawhi = Championship contender
    In the 2010s, sure

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Add San Antonio to the chopping block, tbh
    Could be on the horizon. Small market and many in SA are transplants who don't actually care about the Spurs.

Thread Information