Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    53s
    Free agent G Norman Powell has agreed to a five-year, $90M deal to return to the Portland Trail Blazers, his agent Thaddeus Foucher of @Wasserman tells ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    16s
    Six-time All-Star F Blake Griffin has agreed on a one-year deal to stay with the Brooklyn Nets, his agent Sam Goldfeder of @excelbasketball tells ESPN.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least some of the other deals look even worse, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Atl is offering the same,again why come here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would JC jump ship to this show?
    strictly speaking he doesnt get a choice. he is rfa. and he is the only hope to make it not a show. mcdermott will come off the bench if he comes. zach may or may not be injured. and young back court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least some of the other deals look even worse, tbh.
    Great silver lining ,tbh

reset in three years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why so many of you do not understand that we are TANKING oh I am sorry that is not the political correct work we in a Rebuilding phase how’s that? We going all in for Chet or Paola in the next draft two franchise type player we can actually start a proper rebuild and all I can say is - About Time

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The verdict on that hasn't been made.

They can certainly match it if SA offers a max sheet.

So it really isn't entirely up to JC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    48s
    Free agent Kent Bazemore has agreed to a 1-year deal with the Lakers, agent Austin Walton tells @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why so many of you do not understand that we are TANKING oh I am sorry that is not the political correct word we in a Rebuilding phase how’s that? We going all in for Chet or Paola in the next draft two franchise type player we can actually start a proper rebuild and all I can say is - About Time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if atl offers same he doesnt have a choice he needs to stay. regardless if he has reason to come or not. so its really in atl hands whether they match or not. (and spurs to offer or not)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the best case scenario where we’re able to pry John Collins away from Atlanta, do the Doug McDermott and Zach Collins signings suddenly make more sense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins actually has great measurements. 9'3" standing reach and people are saying he's mobile on the perimeter.
    He’s really good, just hurt. That’s the rub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why so many of you do not understand that we are TANKING oh I am sorry that is not the political correct work we in a Rebuilding phase how’s that? We going all in for Chet or Paola in the next draft two franchise type player we can actually start a proper rebuild and all I can say is - About Time
    you're in for a rude awakening when we resign DeRozan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why so many of you do not understand that we are TANKING oh I am sorry that is not the political correct word we in a Rebuilding phase how’s that? We going all in for Chet or Paola in the next draft two franchise type player we can actually start a proper rebuild and all I can say is - About Time
    dont think we are rebuilding, rebuilding would mean getting picks to take in bad contract, so far spurs is not doing that. Spurs is also signing to 3 year deals, tanking teams usually dont want to tie up for long term years.

It seems spurs is still targeting collins (atl one, not the bootleg one). mcdermott will come off as a shooter off the bench (like belineli)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the best case scenario where we’re able to pry John Collins away from Atlanta, do the Doug McDermott and Zach Collins signings suddenly make more sense?

You already know the answer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soooo do y’all think were leaving the remainder of the cap space open expecting to take on money in a sign & trade for Demar?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is the earliest the Spurs can put an offer for John Collins? Day/Time would be great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, probably, tbh

But, still, the swing on John Collins would tell me their heads were in the right place.
    Would it? He was obvious with this team and that money; all this other stuff they did shows their head is up their ass.

You don’t put yourself in a situation where you now need a Collins to even break even. At the end of the day it’s a results business. We missed PO twice, had a lottery pick and 50M in cap space and look at the situation we find ourselves in. No better in either direction truly with all those assets used up and having to hope we can salvage it…how does that happen?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, of course.

If that fails, I also like idea of absorbing Wiggins for assets. It’s probably cost one of White or Murray, but could be worth a Kuminga and Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1m
    Free agent center Dewayne Dedmon has agreed to a one-year deal to return to the Miami Heat, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, with all the moves the Bulls have made, does that mean the S and T for Markkanen is dead?

Must say I'm underwhelmed with our signings so far.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it? He was obvious with this team and that money; all this other stuff they did shows their head is up their ass.

You don’t put yourself in a situation where you now need a Collins to even break even. At the end of the day it’s a results business. We missed PO twice, had a lottery pick and 50M in cap space and look at the situation we find ourselves in. No better in either direction truly with all those assets used up and having to hope we can salvage it…how does that happen?
    There are not many good free agents out there outside of Collins.

It seems spurs want to compete. Not tank.

McDermott and Zach are just complimentary piece.

We can debate the whole day whether we should just tank or not. Or is John Collins even worth it.

But if direction is compete. Collins + pieces is in fact the way. A bit of a gamble though since hawks can simply match and spurs now have random pieces

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are those Spurstalk sources??? Things are slow on the news front and I need some insider knowledge to sustain what little hope I have left. Someone tell me that they know what the angle is here

Thread Information