• All-star

101 46.33%
  • Good Role player

34 15.60%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's a great defender, I haven't seen anyone do a better job on Lebron in the playoffs since Bowen in 07 Finals.
    Back in the days, Pietrus was defending him great also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted for All Star... I may have sold him short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmaol at thinking Kawhi is a role player at best.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Tough to say. As well as he played, I find it hard to see him being the #1 or #2 option on a le contending team. I think he fits really nicely as a third or fourth option on a great team though. And because he does other things well besides being the primary scorer like defend, rebound, and hit open shots, he should have a nice, long career. For his future, I think he's a borderline all star, maybe one who gets shafted a few times because forwards who average 25+ PPG may get the nod over him. I don't see him as a superstar. I think Shawn Marion is a fair comparison. Not that his game is necessarily like Marion's, but he might be able to put up similar numbers and get similar honors. In his prime, Marion was a 19/10 type of guy, and he had 4 all star selections and a couple third team all NBA honors. Add a few defensive honors for Kawhi and I think that could be what his future looks like.

But for me, a superstar is a guy who will take over a game or a playoff series offensively. All of the responsibility and pressure is on him to make it happen. I don't know if I see that one-on-one ability and consistent offensive explosiveness from Kawhi. I think things are much different when you become the primary focus of an NBA defense. But if he remains in the role of third option on offense and do-it-all defender, I think he will continue to excel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.

At the thought of Tony Allen doing what Kawhi did tonight going against Lebron in a crucial NBA finals game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is just the third player in the 3pt era to score 29 pts on an NBA finals game at the age of 22. The other two? Former superstars Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My LeonGod is gonna establish himself as a legit superstar after this series tbh.

thinking his ceiling is the prime Josh Howard
    me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Nostradamus when I see this thread on Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his ceiling depends on enrique

- depends on green light to chuck...diaw says green and patty has the green, unfortunately kawhi doesnt

- him and green were goto players in college, force to be role players on a tosb team or playing behind a chucker...

- wasting his variety skill set to be a spot up shooter when open...

- has shown the ability can score at will when posting up

- needs more respect from refs to allow him to play physical straight up

- 2way player being held back in favor for chuckers who dont play a lick of defense

- whatever happen to pops system must play defense to get court time, instead everyone vs enrique is different law

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey kawhi making all defensive 2nd team....does that mean his next contract he can bargain upto 130%?

i know the spurs going to low ball him, like they did with jax, neal, green, and soon kawhi, patty, diaw contract is up and looking for increase pay...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a borderline superstar like the prime Josh imho, something between superstar and role player. Dude is well worth 10m/yr and there'll surely be teams willing to offer him even more than that. Spurs FO must be kicking themselves for giving that big white trash Splitter 9m a year tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Nostradamus when I see this thread on Kawhi.
    Nostradamus made a load of incorrect predictions, you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a borderline superstar like the prime Josh imho, something between superstar and role player. Dude is well worth 10m/yr and there'll surely be teams willing to offer him even more than that. Spurs FO must be kicking themselves for giving that big white trash Splitter 9m a year tbh.
    on any rebuilding team with no structure his worth more then 10m, ur tellin me his not worth more or a batter player then these guys who are gettin paid/askin max
    -gordon haywood is asking for max,
    -lance stephenson starting price is 8m
    -john wall the scrub got max
    -irving is gettin 90m max contract
    -chandler fans thinks chandler is worth +10
    -paul george got max

most of those guys i take KL over any of them, give him the green light and you see his stats go up then the usual stats expected from a role player

parker is on 13m atm for a 1 dimensional pg player, KL is a 2way player who could be something more t hen enrique

i dont know whose coatriding who, but the 3tosb wankers on the team are clearly coatriding kl

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    on any rebuilding team with no structure his worth more then 10m, ur tellin me his not worth more or a batter player then these guys who are gettin paid/askin max
    -gordon haywood is asking for max,
    -lance stephenson starting price is 8m
    -john wall the scrub got max
    -irving is gettin 90m max contract
    -chandler fans thinks chandler is worth +10
    -paul george got max

most of those guys i take KL over any of them, give him the green light and you see his stats go up then the usual stats expected from a role player

parker is on 13m atm for a 1 dimensional pg player, KL is a 2way player who could be something more t hen enrique

i dont know whose coatriding who, but the 3tosb wankers on the team are clearly coatriding kl
    I would also take him first in this year's draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many players would trade their career start for kawhi,

3yrs in the league
    wcf
    finals
    finals

damn nearly had 1championship +1fmvp but enrique said no, not this time buddy, my way or the highway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Allen wanabe just won finals MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pacers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sticking with my original take. I think Leonard is going to be the Al Horford of small-forwards. He'll be in the All-Star conversation and be a solid championship piece, but the Spurs will not win a championship with him as their best player. Sort of like what Paul George or Luol Deng are doing, but probably better than Deng.
    Lol. Winning fMVP is pretty much the defintion of this, but I didn't mean it like that. Whatever. I'll accept getting that wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought all star would be his ceiling but now I think he can become a superstar, how you going to guard a guy like him? Too big and strong for most SF's, too fast and quick for most PF's. Not only can he create his own shot in a variety of ways but he takes high % shots, and plays like a vet. He's just 21 and it's pretty much his rookie year.

Anyone who hasn't seen him play watch highlights of him vs the Bulls, he is starting to do this practically every game consistently. Shows off some but not all his moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol stretch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the doubters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parsons > leonard

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A pair of black satin panties at Tammy's bungalow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A pair of black satin panties at Tammy's bungalow.
    "He's gonna be a problem."

- Cully following the 2013 Finals.

Thread Information