Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1522
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Dude, the very first review on the page says it was fake .
    Pretty sure mine is genuine, literally plug and play, all drivers MS verified in device manager tbh

Just saw the review, it's from 2010 man. I doubt it's the same supplier, Amazon always groups reviews and .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure mine is genuine, literally plug and play, all drivers MS verified in device manager tbh

Just saw the review, it's from 2010 man. I doubt it's the same supplier, Amazon always groups reviews and .
    It's fake bro, Microsoft only packages the real one with a controller

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's fake bro, Microsoft only packages the real one with a controller
    Well if that's true then that's the best fake I've ever bought!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey DJR210, if you turn off GSync and just run your monitor at 144 Hz, how does it look running a game at 60 fps? How about 90 fps? Do you start getting annoying stutter that you wouldn't with GSync on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and tearing when the frame rate chugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, newegg is dumping GTX 980 Ti Classifieds for $410.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce...AAAOSwh-1W5Ciy

They use a of a lot more power than the GTX 1070, but these are some of the cream of crop Maxwell cards and should outperform most 1070s when both this 980 Ti and the 1070 are OC'ed to their max. The 980 Ti is a pretty legendary overclocker. I'd probably still rather buy a 1070 so I'm not running a 300W space heater when I'm gaming though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nvidia and their partners. The GTX 1070 was supposed to be a $379 card and yet there hasn't been a single one released with an MSRP less than $419.99.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the Rx470 looks to be within 5% of the power of a 970 with a $149 street tag.

Of course, these are just firestrike benchmarks. We'll see where the frame rates lie. But damn, if that's the case, AMD just hit a home run with the mid-tier PC building crowd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the Rx470 looks to be within 5% of the power of a 970 with a $149 street tag.

Of course, these are just firestrike benchmarks. We'll see where the frame rates lie. But damn, if that's the case, AMD just hit a home run with the mid-tier PC building crowd.
    I bet it's more like $169 though, which is still an incredible deal. It initially sounded like the RX 470 was going to be Polaris 11 for $169 which would have been pretty ty (thankfully they're only using Polaris 11 in the RX 460), but cutdown Polaris 10 for that price is outstanding. It's going to kill the resale value of my 970 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope AMD makes enough Polaris gpus to not have the entire launch supply devoured by ethereum miners like what happened with the R9 290/290x when it launched at the height of gpu Litecoin mining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope AMD makes enough Polaris gpus to not have the entire launch supply devoured by ethereum miners like what happened with the R9 290/290x when it launched at the height of gpu Litecoin mining.
    Yeah, that was a nightmare for consumers. I have a friend who jumped on that and make a quick $15k though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that was a nightmare for consumers. I have a friend who jumped on that and make a quick $15k though.
    If the RX 480 even comes close to the R9 390 on compute the ethereum miners are going to buy them like crazy. They're going to be so profitable at $199 while using 150W max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A..._STRIX/20.html

Oh man, this doesn't look good. I know TW3 is a demanding game, but it looks like even the 1080 can't run it at 4k resolution.

Makes me seriously doubt the new uberconsole from Microsoft is going to be able to be anywhere close to it, as I've heard it's running AMD's Rx480.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A..._STRIX/20.html

Oh man, this doesn't look good. I know TW3 is a demanding game, but it looks like even the 1080 can't run it at 4k resolution.

Makes me seriously doubt the new uberconsole from Microsoft is going to be able to be anywhere close to it, as I've heard it's running AMD's Rx480.
    They're going to be targeting 30 fps, no way they can do 60 fps using those ty jaguar cores. And my 970 at stock speeds can do 28-35 fps at 4k medium on Witcher 3. XBox Scorpio looks like the gpu part of their soc is going to use cutdown Vega cores. Polaris isn't capable of the gpu performance MS is claiming for the Scorpio. Besides, a lot of the time I'm sure the games will be rendered at lower resolutions and upscaled to 4k. But they should be able to handle 4k natively in a lot of games with a 6TFLOPS gpu considering I can play Witcher 3 at 4k natively on a 3.5 TFLOPS gpu (GTX 970).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the one I bought:
    http://www.amazon.com/wireless-Gamin.../dp/B00BV72X1U

Working great on Windows 10, tbh...
    Thanks for the recommendation. I bought that exact one and just got it in; it works better than the official dongle I got direct from Microsoft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the recommendation. I bought that exact one and just got it in; it works better than the official dongle I got direct from Microsoft.
    Yeah, never had it lose sync or anything... premium chinese stuff, tbh...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Does it use the same plug and play drivers as original MS dongle tbh? Wanna find out what distinguishes a fake one from a MS one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it use the same plug and play drivers as original MS dongle tbh? Wanna find out what distinguishes a fake one from a MS one.
    It gave this tiny driver CD but I just used the official Microsoft ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, I just had to go into device manager, select driver and used the microsoft one... never had to mess with it again...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Well then I'm pretty sure mine is actually an MS one tbh...never had to install drivers, recognized as MS wireless receiver. Not to mention device is branded all over with MS. Maybe amazon was selling refurbished repackaging receivers, cuz it came in a brown box with the MS drivers CD...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then I'm pretty sure mine is actually an MS one tbh...never had to install drivers, recognized as MS wireless receiver. Not to mention device is branded all over with MS. Maybe amazon was selling refurbished repackaging receivers, cuz it came in a brown box with the MS drivers CD...
    Are you using Windows 10? Because that driver is already on 10 by default. I had to install it because I'm running 8.1. Your receiver is a counterfeit unless you bought it used from someone who bought the controller + receiver pack.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Are you using Windows 10? Because that driver is already on 10 by default. I had to install it because I'm running 8.1. Your receiver is a counterfeit unless you bought it used from someone who bought the controller + receiver pack.
    I bought it when I had Windows 7, again was plug n play. Maybe it was used.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RandomGuy

Wow, Sapphire Italy is posting links to articles about the RX 480 at 1266 MHz outperforming the R9 Nano and that these cards can go to 1500 MHz. Holy if true.

If y'all don't know, Sapphire is the add-in board manufacturer that makes the best AMD cards on the market. Their coolers and boards are outstanding. If Sapphire is acknowledging these rumors this card might end up really something. If the $199 card is outperforming the R9 Fury then the GTX 1070 at $420 is going to be a really ing hard sell. I imagine the 1500 MHz cards will be the ones AMD was talking about selling for around $300. I thought this card was going to be bull , but Sapphire's word carries a lot of weight.

Cry Havoc man, could AMD have possibly pulled another HD 4870? The AMD HD 4870 came out two weeks after the $650 GTX 280, sold for $299, and came within spitting distance of the GTX 280 on performance. I don't expect to see something that drastic, but all of a sudden Sapphire publicizing these rumors makes it sound like RX 480 could really be something when it launches in 11 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To give you an idea of R9 Nano vs GTX 1070, the GTX 1070 beats the R9 Fury by 20% at 1440p in the techpowerup benchmark.

The R9 Fury beats the R9 Nano by 2% at 1440p in the techpowerup testsuite of game benchmarks

So that would put GTX 1070 performance at 1.2 * 1.02 = 1.22 times R9 Nano performance at 1440p, where performance means average frames per second at 1440p then averaged over all the games in their test suite. That would put RX 480 at 82% (1.00/1.22 = 0.82) of a 1070 at stock for less than half the price. I really hope Sapphire Italy isn't bull ting here.

Thread Information