bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive seen enough of him to know he isn't superstar material

I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.

Solid game by Kawhi. But still clearly not a true leader.
    What's going on in here?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Apo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evan Turner has never been a good NBA player..how did he even get in this conversation, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of my rather rare but incredibly large failures tbh lol

Point is, he will never be some superstar level player like suggested. He is better offensively than both of those guys, although not sure if he is as good defensively as they have proven to be over the years. They both have proven they can find ways to consistently bother elite offensive players, even Kobe at times. Not sure I've seen that from Leonard yet.

Leonard will be a role player for his career. A pretty good one, but a role player nonetheless.

superstar
    your takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stretch is easily the dumbest poster in ST history tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The takes in this thread are by the shovel .. Even good, level-headed posters really missed big time here, which shows what an extraordinary rise the kid has had..

Pippen 2.0 is still a reach, but I'm definitely upgrading his ceiling from "middle-class Scottie Pippen" to "upper class Scottie Pippen," especially if he becomes dominant in the post. After all, Scottie is the best perimeter defender in NBA history, so Kawhi hasn't yet proven he's Pippen 2.0, obviously. Pippen is a top 15-20 all-time NBA talent who's criminally underrated since he had to play in Jordan's shadow. If Kawhi's ceiling could be 75% Pippen, that'd be in' great.

I do think he's a top 15 player in the current NBA, though. No doubt in my mind.
    You might just keep on upgrading...Dude is probably going to threepeat as DPOY--from the in' perimeter..

IMO, he looks like he got the best peak Melo/Pippen combo for a ceiling, which is a destructive force if it ever materializes in him..Hope I'm not still underrating him as he is at least a couple or 3 seasons away from peak age for an NBA player according to most studies..
    Last edited by spursistan; 10-29-2016 at 08:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The takes in this thread are by the shovel .. Even good, level-headed posters really missed big time here, which shows what an extraordinary rise the kid has had..

You might just keep on upgrading...Dude is probably going to threepeat as DPOY--from the in' pereimeter..

IMO, he looks like he got the best peak Melo/Pippen combo for a ceiling, which is a destructive force if it ever materializes in him..Hope I'm not still underrating him as he is at least a couple or 3 seasons away from peak age for an NBA player according to most studies..
    You can't really blame anyone for really missing Kawhi's potential.

Out of college, he couldn't shoot, dribble, pass, or really create his own shot. His athleticism is also subpar compared to the league's top perimeter scorers.

He's a testament to what hard work and study can accomplish. What Kawhi is doing is unprecedented in NBA history. Pretty much every great was heralded out of high school/college.

Out of any player in recent memory, Kawhi has the biggest gap between initial expectation (when he was drafted, Bowen 2.0 was what he basically hoped he'd become) to current level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting how they the general public outside of spursfans trying keep that got kirby relevant by sayin kawhi is the next kirby or jordan

kawhi aint receiving no torch or whatever from 2 has beens, let him create his own destiny....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be pleasantly surprised if he can make more than 1 Allstat game, or even one for that matter. Leonard is a fantastic role player, but I am just not sold on him being able to carry a team on offense and defense.
    Perhaps a few all-d teams in his future, a very poor man's version of a Sidney moncrief would incredible.
    ambchang

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't really blame anyone for really missing Kawhi's potential.

Out of college, he couldn't shoot, dribble, pass, or really create his own shot. His athleticism is also subpar compared to the league's top perimeter scorers.

He's a testament to what hard work and study can accomplish. What Kawhi is doing is unprecedented in NBA history. Pretty much every great was heralded out of high school/college.

Out of any player in recent memory, Kawhi has the biggest gap between initial expectation (when he was drafted, Bowen 2.0 was what he basically hoped he'd become) to current level.
    consider that Kawhi was drafted 15th, same number as Steven Nash. Kobe was drafted 13th that same draft. Right there, two all-time players with similar expectations coming out, based on general draft position.

Now, I would not put Manu, Tony, or Dreymon Green (2nd round and very late 1st) in the same category as Kawhi at this point; Manu at his peak had a similar impact on the game but Kawhi is so good two ways, I just can't compare him to these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive seen enough of him to know he isn't superstar material

I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.
    Bump for this got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the same idiots still thinking the system has anything to do with his awseomness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted superstar and he's already there. At just 25, he's not even at his ceiling yet and has improved exponentially to this point. Upside: unknown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be pleasantly surprised if he can make more than 1 Allstat game, or even one for that matter. Leonard is a fantastic role player, but I am just not sold on him being able to carry a team on offense and defense.
    Perhaps a few all-d teams in his future, a very poor man's version of a Sidney moncrief would incredible.
    way off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought he would be this good, I don't think most non-homers did, tbh..I don't think there are many examples in NBA history of a player that has improved as much as he has..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he a better offensive player than Klaynus Thompson though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Improvement rate continues and he can be best player in NBA.
    As far as the "he only got to 2nd Round last year" phuck the off.
    He had two absolute highlight reel plays in what should have been a game 4 victory and 3-1 lead.
    Steal and dunk.

Not Kwa's fault he was surrounded by incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he a better offensive player than Klaynus Thompson though?
    we'all have to wait and see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of Feb,7th 2017

If he keeps this rate of development into his peak in 2/3 years, "NBA= d"..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we'all have to wait and see
    just lol

Thread Information