Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    CN. Can't even answer a question. I maintain Klay is still the better scorer. Is he the better shooter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, wait, wait. In what World does Klay score more "effortlessly" than Kawhi?

Kawhi averages 3 more pts than Klay in the same number of attempts. Without the luxury of being a 3rd/4th option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    carried his team again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CN. Can't even answer a question. I maintain Klay is still the better scorer. Is he the better shooter?
    Dunning–Kruger Effect

A cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive incapacity, on the part of those with low ability, to recognize their inep ude and evaluate their competence accurately.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wait, wait, wait. In what World does Klay score more "effortlessly" than Kawhi?

Kawhi averages 3 more pts than Klay in the same number of attempts. Without the luxury of being a 3rd/4th option.
    Kawhi shoots around 5 more free throws than Klay. There you go. Nice try with the attempts thing though.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's the better pure shooter. You're moving the goalposts, though, because the argument is about who the better scorer is.

Kawhi is still the better scorer. You still haven't owned up to the fact that you're slobbering all over Klaynus for playing like a role player on a loaded team. He can't dribble, he has better teammates hogging most of the attention from defenses, and 81% of his made baskets are spoonfed to him by his teammates.

JJ Re is a better pure shooter than Kawhi too, but you don't see me arguing that he's the better scorer. That's because I'm smart enough to realize that JJ scores like a role player while Kawhi scores like a first option. There's a big difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi shoots around 5 more free throws than Klay. There you go. Nice try with the attempts thing though.
    So?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He's the better pure shooter. You're moving the goalposts, though, because the argument is about who the better scorer is.

Kawhi is still the better scorer. You still haven't owned up to the fact that you're slobbering all over Klaynus for playing like a role player on a loaded team. He can't dribble, he has better teammates hogging most of the attention from defenses, and 81% of his made baskets are spoonfed to him by his teammates.

You mean like 80% of Ray Allen's 3's were assisted? Does that take away anything from Allen and how good of a scorer he was in his prime? It's a stupid ing cop out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen, another guy that was best suited to be a 3rd banana. Still Ray > Klay.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You mean like 80% of Ray Allen's 3's were assisted? Does that take away anything from Allen and how good of a scorer he was in his prime? It's a stupid ing cop out.
    You do realize how dumb it is to compare the percentage of Ray Allen's three-pointers that were assisted to the percentage of Klaynus' field goals that were assisted, right? When Ray Allen was in his prime, he could take the ball off the dribble and create his own shot. He wasn't just a spot-up shooter until he got older.

Klaynus is 26 years old, in his athletic prime, and still has to be spoonfed the majority of his points regardless of where they're coming from on the court.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Fun fact: last year, Klaynus got assisted on a higher percentage of his field goals (81%) than DeAndre Jordan (78%). The same was true in 2014-15 (Klay: 70%; DJ: 69%), 2013-14 (Klay: 75%; DJ: 74%), 2012-13 (Klay: 83%; DJ: 67%), and 2011-12 (Klay: 73%, DJ: 66%). That's every season of Klaynus' career.

Anyone who's watched DeAndre play even once realizes how horrible his offensive game is and how much he depends on everyone else to spoonfeed him points. Now imagine someone who's even more dependent on his teammates than that guy, and you have the player that Dumbjohn is insisting is a better scorer than Kawhi Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here tell me if their inconsistencies are even comparable:

Now get your Enrique loving ass the out.
    Already explained the season lows. Kawhi as a number 1 is always going to have the opportunity to pad his numbers a bit, unlike Klay who will defer those shots to KD or Curry.

Those numbers are interesting, though. Albeit a small sample size. Hm, lets compare their last two seasons when their roles were a little more similar as far as offensive load.

2014-15 Kawhi as first option, Klay when he was to 1b with Curry

16.5 ppg on 47/34/80
    21.7 ppg on 46/44/87

Kawhi - EXACTLY ZERO 30+ PT GAMES
    (yikes), 22 20-29 pt games, 34 10-19 pt games, 8 0-9 pt games
    Klay - 1
    50+ pt game(), 3 40-49 pt games(), 4 30-39 pt games, 38 20-29 pt games, 27 10-19 pt games, 4 0-9 pt games

2015/2016 with Kawhi as first option, Klay still 1b, but taking a backseat so Curry and Dray can take more shots(so unselfish, wow)

21.2 ppg on 50/44/87
    22.1 ppg on 47/42/88

Kawhi - 4
    30-39 pt games, 40 20-29 pt games, 26 10-19 pt games, 2 0-9 pt games
    Klay - 4
    40-49 pt games(), 13 30-39 pt games, 25 20-29 pt games,35 10-19 pt games, 3 0-9 pt games

I think we can safely say Klay is the more explosive scorer. Eye test checks out, numbers check out. Here's to Kiwi stepping up his offensive game this year and proving me wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize how dumb it is to compare the percentage of Ray Allen's three-pointers that were assisted to the percentage of Klaynus' field goals that were assisted, right? When Ray Allen was in his prime, he could take the ball off the dribble and create his own shot. He wasn't just a spot-up shooter until he got older.

Klaynus is 26 years old, in his athletic prime, and still has to be spoonfed the majority of his points regardless of where they're coming from on the court.
    Klaynus is at 100% assisted on 3PTers this season. No joke.

During the '07-'08 season, Ray Allen was assisted on 80% of his 3s meanwhile Klay has been assisted on 100% of his 3s this season.http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html#shooting::24

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Klaynus is at 100% assisted on 3PTers this season. No joke.
    "But he scores so effortlessly!"

Yeah, because his teammates are the ones putting in all the effort for him and all he has to do is not up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    313 is one of those Tony homer's that are jelous that he had to take a backseat to Kawhi? Otherwise I don't understand how he can disminish the game of the lone reason for which we are still a top 3/4 team in the league instead of a lottery one, which is Kawhi, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already explained the season lows. Kawhi as a number 1 is always going to have the opportunity to pad his numbers a bit, unlike Klay who will defer those shots to KD or Curry.

Those numbers are interesting, though. Albeit a small sample size. Hm, lets compare their last two seasons when their roles were a little more similar as far as offensive load.

16.5 ppg on 47/34/80
    21.7 ppg on 46/44/87

Klay - 1
    50+ pt game(), 3 40-49 pt games(), 4 30-39 pt games, 38 20-29 pt games, 27 10-19 pt games, 4 0-9 pt games

2015/2016 with Kawhi as first option, Klay still 1b, but taking a backseat so Curry and Dray can take more shots(so unselfish, wow)

21.2 ppg on 50/44/87
    22.1 ppg on 47/42/88

Kawhi - 4
    Klay - 4
    40-49 pt games(), 13 30-39 pt games, 25 20-29 pt games,35 10-19 pt games, 3 0-9 pt games

I think we can safely say Klay is the more explosive scorer. Eye test checks out, numbers check out. Here's to Kiwi stepping up his offensive game this year and proving me wrong
    Klaynus is a number 2 get your facts straight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    313 is one of those Tony homer's that are jelous that he had to take a backseat to Kawhi? Otherwise I don't understand how he can disminish the game of the lone reason for which we are still a top 3/4 team in the league instead of a lottery one, which is Kawhi, tbh.
    Head of the snake

I'm not a Tony homer, I admit Tony is washed up and has been the last couple seasons. I just defend him against the irrational expectations some posters have for him, and the irrational hate he gets.. just like I did for Manu after 13, although that hate was more justified..

I'm an objective Kawhi fan who can admit he's not a perfect player. I still root for him to go out there and play well and lead us to ring, whether that be averaging 16 ppg, or 32 ppg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klaynus is a number 2 get your facts straight.
    number 2 and still has at least 10 games where he's scored more than Kawhi's career high. Thanks for the correction boyo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head of the snake

I'm not a Tony homer, I admit Tony is washed up and has been the last couple seasons. I just defend him against the irrational expectations some posters have for him, and the irrational hate he gets.. just like I did for Manu after 13, although that hate was more justified..

I'm an objective Kawhi fan who can admit he's not a perfect player. I still root for him to go out there and play well and lead us to ring, whether that be averaging 16 ppg, or 32 ppg.
    Nobody saying he's perfect, but a better scorer than a guy that can only score when others are creating for him? That's fair, imvho, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

16.5 ppg on 47/34/80
    21.7 ppg on 46/44/87

Klay - 1

21.2 ppg on 50/44/87
    22.1 ppg on 47/42/88

Kawhi - 4
    Klay - 4

1. 14/15 is irrelevant since Kawhi wasn't the clear cut #1 (12.8 FGAs per game)
    2. lol at Klaynus being 1B to a back to back MVP
    3. lol at Klaynus sacrificing (his FGAs increased)
    4. 15/16: Kawhi 15.1 FGAs, Klaynus 17.3 FGAs
    5. Kawhi gets his as an alpha. Klaynus as a complimentary player.
    6. lol Enrique

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    number 2 and still has at least 10 games where he's scored more than Kawhi's career high. Thanks for the correction boyo
    Get back to me when he's the #1 of an elite team. That'll impress me more than scoring 60 once as a #3/#4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. 14/15 is irrelevant since Kawhi wasn't the clear cut #1 (12.8 FGAs per game)
    2. lol at Klaynus being 1B to a back to back MVP
    3. lol at Klaynus sacrificing (his FGAs increased)
    4. 15/16: Kawhi 15.1 FGAs, Klaynus 17.3 FGAs
    5. Kawhi gets his as an alpha. Klaynus as a complimentary player.
    6. lol Enrique
    1. Most FGAs on the team, #1 option
    2. Because Klay didn't get MVP he couldnt be the 1b? Didn't see that clause. Either way, 1b/2 he still on Kawhi's numbers
    3. from 16.9 to 17.3 is a marginal increase. Meanwhile Steph went from 16.8 to 20.2. Klay's USG decreased, Curry's USG increased as well.
    4. Yeah, I'm glad, this year, Kawhi finally realized he was the first option and started shooting like it. We were going no where with his 15 FGA seasons
    5. Kawhi as a complimentary player; 7.9 ppg, 11.9 ppg, 12.1 ppg , throw in 16.5 ppg if you want to say he wasn't the number one option in 2015(he was) damn he was feasting when all the defensive attention wasn't on him
    6. Head of the snake, fatass porker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Spurs system is not about scoring all you can, dont you get it?
    The only one to ruin our system trying to prove something was Enrique Porker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Klay not a better shooter? Yes or no? Just a quick question.
    Klay's a better shooter, but so is/was Steve Kerr. Steve Kerr isn't better offensive player than Kawhi either. Being a better shooter doesn't mean you're a better offensive player. There were tons of shooters better at shooting than Michael Jordan, and none of those guys were better than Michael on offense.

Stop with this . It's over. Trade Harden for Klay if you love him that much. He's a suped up 3 and D player on steroids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay's a better shooter, but so is/was Steve Kerr. Steve Kerr isn't better offensive player than Kawhi either. Being a better shooter doesn't mean you're a better offensive player. There were tons of shooters better at shooting than Michael Jordan, and none of those guys were better than Michael on offense.

Stop with this . It's over. Trade Harden for Klay if you love him that much. He's a suped up 3 and D player on steroids.
    This is the Moore/Coulter defense. Klay isn't Kerr and Kawhi isn't Michael.

Thread Information