Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wonder when we get news of how bad the injury is...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt the make the playoffs for pop route and going with veterans-gay,mills,ddr,lma didnt work. Both lma and ddr probably walk after this season so teams know the spurs leverage in trades is all but gone now
    Next year doesn’t matter teams are trying to get better this year and nothing is guaranteed next year as teams will compete for them so nothing given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make great points about perception being reality. Jrue getting traded for 3 first round picks to me was just mind boggling for the reasons you mentioned. I agree with what you said about Derozan. I do believe that winning does help in changing perceptions. If the Spurs manage to have a winning record around .500 are better with Derozan to start the season maybe it will be enough to sway some team on taking a chance on him. Even if nobody does he will be gone after this year which is still a win win in my eyes.

Yeah, the perception thing plays into it in a big way. When the DeRozan to L.A. rumor was hot I looked at Laker sites and fans & analysts were almost unanimously against it. I think some San Antonio fans view DeRozan as a Jrue Holiday-like player, a guy who can bring a return in a trade, but lots of GMs out there probably think of him as closer to a Horford type of guy, someone they'd only take on with draft picks or other deal sweeteners attached.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    klay couldn't put weight on his leg...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    klay can't put weight on his leg sooo... sounds like he'll be out for months...
    I think the LMA trade is off. They need to keep Wiggins now. So we can close this thread!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I think it’s a very good deal. Get a good youngish prospect at position of need (Collins) + a 1st round pick and no big contract that goes beyond this next season?

Sure, getting #2 is great, but that comes with eating Wiggins crappy deal.
    Just reading the thread on twitter, don't think it's legal

Portland is giving up 2021 protected to get Covington. I couldn't find info on the protection, but if it rolls over year after year (as opposed to converting to two seconds if not conveyed like some traded picks do) ... then the Blazers might not be able to offer a future first until the Houston trade is completed

2023 at earliest, maybe even later
    Yeah that part was unclear, but the framework is there.
    just to follow up

According to some posts on the ripcity reddit, I don't think Portland is able to trade any future firsts before LMA becomes a free agent. Their 2021 to Houston is lottery protected and rolls over with lotto protection every year until 2027, where if if hasn't conveyed it becomes a second

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just to follow up

According to some posts on the ripcity reddit, I don't think Portland is able to trade any future firsts before LMA becomes a free agent. Their 2021 to Houston is lottery protected and rolls over with lotto protection every year until 2027, where if if hasn't conveyed it becomes a second
    Hmmmm Chinook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks reportedly are moving on from their pursuit of Bogdan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks reportedly are moving on from their pursuit of Bogdan
    Mills back in play? But for what?

My Team