Page 262 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1622122522582592602612622632642652662723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep up that positivity D!

I don't know if it's so much positivity as it is skepticism of doomsday alarmism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York getting skulled ed now. But at least we'll be the first or one of the first states to level this thing off.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York getting skulled ed now. But at least we'll be the first or one of the first states to level this thing off.
    Without the government shutting down I could very easily wait out these other people tbh. Unfortunately, my family would not take the proper precautions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're from there, right? Are you in the city?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't know if it's so much positivity as it is skepticism of doomsday alarmism.
    It’s mostly doing what Trump told you to do.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s mostly doing what Trump told you to do.
    Don't even know what you're talking about. ^TDS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm not downplaying it. "Downplaying it" would be saying "meh, this thing is just a light flu and will go away by Summer." I never stated such. I posited the warm weather/UV theory (based from an expert study) not to suggest that areas in those regions will be unaffected, but they won't be affected nearly as much as densely populated areas in that "green band." And this is very important, because if CA, TX, FL become their own NYs, we're ed (I don't see that happening because the population densities will be enough to prevent that. New York City is taking the brunt, while the rest of NY state hasn't seen much acceleration: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en).

The Italy comparisons I still don't like because we have to remember we have 5 times as many people. I have no clue what our peak will be, but Italy is probably the worst of the worst case scenarios, even if our peak is 2000, that is half of Italy's peak per capita. And remember the data lag factor. We really don't know when those people actually died. They could've passed last week and are only being registered now.

Agree, some states need to be dealt with by firm hand commanding their governors to issue shelter in place.
    im not necessarily predicting that we're going to have more deaths per day than italy at our respective peaks... just that in our relative "cycles"... we are still behind italy, and they dont appear to have peaked yet, so we are still some ways away before we peak here, if we assume that our overall progress will correlate (even if the numbers arent the same)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats great to hear

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Don't even know what you're talking about. ^TDS
    The indoctrinated rarely do

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump: No big deal!
    DarrinS: No big deal!

Trump: Well actually it is a big deal!
    DarrinS: OMG WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE

Trump: jk lol no biggie
    DarrinS: we good everybody!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you for your valuable contribution, mono

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're from there, right? Are you in the city?
    Yeah, I am.

But in the least impacted borought.

EDIT:
    Second least. First being Staten Island

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thank you for your valuable contribution, mono
    As if you posting charts and graphs of pie in the sky optimism is worth

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you survive Corona it's a duty to donate your plasma and apparently you can do that every 28 days. The ratio of people that beat the virus vs those that need to be hospitalized is very beneficial for this treatment.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised China hasn't infected their concentration camp prisoners and turned them into a blood bank tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Atleast I dont think anyone here has said the worlds ending

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is doctor in NY who claims he's treated 350 patients with hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and z-pak, and said all 350 recovered without needing to be hospitalized.
    Great.

Who?

Where?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MannyIsGod: "Data, data, data. This is how we make projections. I'll even post the site I'm using which is a good resource."

"Hmm, the data shows Texas in a good situation."

MannyIsGOD: ": your posts are real ty! We can't rely on the data! We have to rely on these anecdotes posted on a college football message board! That's the better way to do it."
    None of the data shows that we're in a good position. We're not TESTING people and you're like oh the numbers are low this is great.

None of this is good. None of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, 9 out of 10 people are wasting resources. The fear is worse than the disease, tbh.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

has the state by state projections. Biggest loser so far:New York and michigan.

A lot of this seems to be based on current figures, often underreported.

NY will have four times more hospitalizations at peak than it as beds total.

It is about to get a LOT worse there.

Florida's peak isn't until May, per this model.

Nationwide peak has a very high standard deviation at the peak though, i.e. a very wide range, meaning a lot of uncertainty about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like you're trusting anecdotes over data. How do we know those patients rushing Houston area hospitals actually have the virus when you just said yourself "we're not testing anyone." Flu symptoms are similar to this virus. People could be overreacting and visiting the ER for so much as a light cough (that isn't caused by the virus). Point is WE DON'T KNOW.

But yeah, my posts are ty looking for the bright sides, which is based on the data YOU'VE INVOKED YOURSELF AND THE EXPERTS YOU CITE INVOKE. Now "I'm doing it wrong." in' please. Go lecture somewhere else.
    You're hopeless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea the fact he said things are going real good in texas make me nervous as
    Its ing idiocy. We're all locked down, they don't have any tests, and the healthcare here is already stretched thin but hey things are REAL GOOD HERE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the data shows that we're in a good position. We're not TESTING people and you're like oh the numbers are low this is great.

None of this is good. None of it.
    Eyup.

We appear to STILL be short on tests, which means that for a lot of places that aren't doing a LOT of tests are likely really underreported. A lot of the modeling has, as a baked in assumption, that current rates of infected are accurate.

Compared to licensed capacity and average annual occupancy rates, excess demand from COVID-19 at the peak of the pandemic in the second week of April is predicted to be 64,175 (95% UI 7,977 to 251,059) total beds and 17,309 (95% UI 2,432 to 57,584) ICU beds. At the peak of the pandemic, ventilator use is predicted to be 19,481 (95% UI 9,767 to 39,674). The date of peak excess demand by state varies from the second week of April through May. We estimate that there will be a total of 81,114 deaths (95% UI 38,242 to 162,106) from COVID-19 over the next 4 months in the US. Deaths from COVID-19 are estimated to drop below 10 deaths per day between May 31 and June 6.
    http://www.healthdata.org/research-a...ays-and-deaths

(edit)

This study goes by number of deaths, which is presumably more accurate.
    This study used data on confirmed COVID-19 deaths by day from WHO websites and local and national governments; data on hospital capacity and utilization for US states; and observed COVID-19 utilization data from select locations to develop a statistical model forecasting deaths and hospital utilization against capacity by state for the US over the next 4 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYC is saying they're getting more medical 911 calls than they did on 9/11
    9/11 was a walk in park compared to this. It was like 3 or 4 buildings in the city. This is the whole damn tri state area

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9/11 was a walk in park compared to this. It was like 3 or 4 buildings in the city. This is the whole damn tri state area
    the entire tri state area isn't calling into NYC

Thread Information