Page 72 of 171 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Franz Wagner

New podcast went up - An interview with the man himself. No national team commitment. If there is a draft promise, he’s as covert as they come.
    Haven’t listened in full yet, just reading some excerpts….

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/6/16/m...ro-career.aspx

In getting ready for the next level, Wagner said he's trying to improve his all-around game while also zeroing in on specific aspects that he feels need to be much better when it's time to suit up in the league.

"One of the things I’ve gotta get better at is shooting, and it’s going to be a main part of those workouts, too," Wagner revealed. "So that fits in well with what I’ve gotta do in those workouts and my own workouts now. That’s been a big emphasis. And then obviously getting in the right shape — that’s something a lot of teams look at. Those are the main things I’m working on now.

"I also want to show that I can do stuff with the ball, and not just be an off-the-ball player. I’m working on stuff like dribbling, my ball handling and making decisions with the ball. That’s one thing I can help myself in the draft and at the next level, showing that I can do that as well."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why they have a combine. I know he’s not going, but that’s where the rubber meets the road. You find out exact physical, and workout measurements.
    Yep, unfortunately, neither Giddey nor Sengun will be there. I'd like to see trustworthy measurements on both of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro

Iowa’s Joe Wieskamp had a workout with the San Antonio Spurs last week, a source tells me.
    4:25pm · 16 Jun 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Iowa’s Joe Wieskamp had a workout with the San Antonio Spurs last week, a source tells me.
    Wiskamp is a nice secound round, really good shooter.

The spurs also workout Jordan Hall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Apparently Jordan Hall is a point forward. Spurs trying to set a performance benchmark for other highly touted point forwards in the draft?

I don’t think there is any REAL interest in drafting players like Hall. I think they’re doing it to see how other players compare. That way you can eliminate average talent or be able to distinguish special ones from average ones.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-16-2021 at 05:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Jordan Hall is a point forward. Spurs trying to set a performance benchmark for other highly touted point forwards in the draft?

I don’t think there is any REAL interest in drafting players like Hall. I think they’re doing it to see how other players compare. That way you can eliminate average talent or be able to distinguish special ones from average ones.
    Or possibly pick them up as undrafted free agents . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They work out players they think they can get for Austin. Anyone they’re seriously interested in, you’ll never hear about them working out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or possibly pick them up as undrafted free agents . . .

On any different year, sure. They have money to spend this year and finding undrafted players to sign is usually something they would do if they wanted to go cheap. As of now, there is a lack of flexibility as far as roster space so they can’t really go looking at undrafted free agents when they will probably use their cap space on vets and other players in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They work out players they think they can get for Austin. Anyone they’re seriously interested in, you’ll never hear about them working out.
    I don’t think it’s even that. None of the players from this past season’s Austin team were revealed to work out with the Spurs during the pre-draft period. Not Kylor Kelley, Mathis, etc. No one from the previous year either. Could be wrong but that’s how I remember it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

David Aldridge
    davidaldridgedc
    11m
    Australia will have a good options for its "Boomers" men’s Olympic basketball team from among its 19 finalists. The final 12-player team will play exhibitions against the U.S., Nigeria and Argentina in Las Vegas before departing for Tokyo & the Summer Games:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't mind Wieskamp in the second round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I been down with Wiskamp for awhile really like his game kinda reminds me of Wagner - He is a very good shooter and a good defender and has good handles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under the guidance of Nik "Gregg" Popovic(h) and former Spur Andrew Gaze

Last edited by ace3g; 06-17-2021 at 04:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish the Spurs had two Top 15 picks in this draft. Lots of talent. I would love Bouknight. Spurs need a scorer like that.

Wish the Spurs could package 1 of Murray/White and Poeltl to get another pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/6/...ade-cunningham

SB Nation put out their pre-lottery mock draft. Guess they don't think much of Alparen Sengun

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think it’s even that. None of the players from this past season’s Austin team were revealed to work out with the Spurs during the pre-draft period. Not Kylor Kelley, Mathis, etc. No one from the previous year either. Could be wrong but that’s how I remember it.
    I think it's hard to figure out the inner workings of this . Lots of variables. An under appreciated aspect is how much of this is to appease and placate bag agents, not saying that's the primary reason, but there's lots of things with the Spurs that are never fully revealed, obviously. Having said that, I'm glad we're looking at shooters and point forwards—to me, perhaps the two most pressing needs on the team.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt work out Keldon Johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt work out Keldon Johnson
    Didn’t work out, or even interview Kawhi. I think they went into lockdown mode after being punked with Batum and Gobert.

About Keldon, coach Cal said that five teams passed on drafting him because he didn’t work out for them. He was projected late lottery. You can only work out so many times, because you risk injury each time. Bet those teams feel really stupid right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was mowing the grass and didn't have phone with me, was scrolling through twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Celtics are trading Kemba Walker, the No. 16 overall pick in the 2021 draft and a 2025 second-round draft pick to Oklahoma City for Al Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN.
    8:11am · 18 Jun 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

4h
    Brad Stevens’ first deal as President of Basketball Operations comes with Sam Presti, with whom he’s had a longtime friendship dating back to Butler days. Rare trade ahead of Chicago pre-draft combine, but sides got value they wanted now on a major deal.

4h
    Boston gets financial flexibility moving off the $73M owed Walker with the return of Horford. OKC has three first-round picks in July now. Thunder can work with Walker on what’s next for him as they did with CP3, ‘Melo and Horford.

Tim Bontemps
    TIMBontemps
    3h
    New ESPN story with @wojespn: Brad Stevens didn’t take long to make his first move as Boston’s president of basketball operations — and it’s a seismic one. espn.com/nba/story/_/id…

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/6/...ade-cunningham

SB Nation put out their pre-lottery mock draft. Guess they don't think much of Alparen Sengun
    Yeah, seriously. And Jalen Johnson way too high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
    7m Garuba is one of several international prospects vying for roster spots at the Tokyo Olympics, along with Josh Giddey (Australia), Alperen Sengun (Turkey), Filip Petrusev (Serbia) and Rokas Jokubaitis (Lithuania). None of these players will be at the NBA Combine for that reason.

The preliminary roster for Spain's Tokyo Olympics campaign is expected to be announced tomorrow. Lottery prospect Usman Garuba will be part of that group, a source told ESPN. Spain will conduct a training camp in Las Vegas along with Australia, Nigeria, Argentina and USA in July.

Sengun, Petrusev and Jokubaitis will need to help their teams make it to Tokyo through the FIBA Olympic qualifying tournaments, starting at the end of the month.
    1:20pm · 18 Jun 2021 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dylan Reubenking @drksportsnews
    2h
    LJ Figueroa (@Lj_Figueroa) worked out with the Boston Celtics and met with the San Antonio Spurs this week ahead of the NBA draft next month. The former Duck dominated in the Dominican Republic, winning Rookie of the Year and MVP. Story for @DucksDigest si.com/college/oregon…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the Jordan Hall kid is actually pretty good. I could see him being a lottery pick next year if he goes to a bigger school. The passing skills stand out, almost like Giddey. Ugly form on his shot though but I guess it works.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-18-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Thread Information