Page 977 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 477877927967973974975976977978979980981987102710771477 ... LastLast
Results 24,401 to 24,425 of 40768
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Tiffani Hutton recovered her sense of smell after COVID-19, she started to get whiffs of terrible odors.

Each time, she asked her husband, Cartell, if he smelled anything, but he didn’t.

So she checked expiration dates on their food, cleaned out the fridge and took out the garbage.

She did it again and again.

After a couple of weeks, Hutton typed: "Why does everything smell like rotting fish?" into Google and found

a large community of people online suffering from the same condition.

It’s called parosmia, a distorted sense of smell

that can be triggered by colds and sinus infections, head injuries, chemical exposures or cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation.

-- Dallas Morning News email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    always an incomplete picture of how self-servingly reckless and mortally dangerous Trash's incompetence was.

1. After the flu epidemic of 2009/10 which caught the govt unprepared, Obama formed a group to plan for diseases outbreaks. The group ran simulations annually and developed as 70? page do ent which was handed to Trash's people in Feb? 2017. The do ent was ignored by Trash's Exec.

2. Trash disbanded Obamas's pandemic preparedness operation about Sep '19, while ignoring its work.

3. Trash did not use DPA well or early to provide PPE, but he did use DPA to force workers back into the meat plants. 1000s of them became diseased and died. $100Ms of CARES Act went to defense contractors, aka BigDonors, rather than to health care/PPE

Compounding the disaster was for-profit health-care bean counters had been ordering just-in-time supplies from China, so there was no inventory of PPE.

https://getusppe.org/the-defense-pro...n-act-and-ppe/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/22/h...ction-Act.html

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-08-2021 at 01:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully the guidance will be updated to reflect the importance of ventilation, the danger of socializing indoors and the uselessness of plexiglass barriers and deep cleaning wrt suppressing COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    possible correlation with new onset diabetes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They found that Covid survivors were about 39% more likely to have a new diabetes diagnosis in the six months after infection than non-infected users of the VA health system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DarrinS:

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19

Conclusions:

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't get a big head now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another weapon vs this plague. This is a good one

Chile is using this vaccine and their country’s case load per capita is not looking as good as ours.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "reports" say China's and Pootin's vaccines don't work as well as the FDA approved vaccines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    73,126 in attendance for an indoor boxing match in Dallas yesterday. Ridiculous.

Within seconds of landing the pin-point blow - made more forceful by the fact Saunders was crouching into the shot - Alvarez raised his hands in front of his rival, ruthlessly letting the 73,126 in attendance know that he had broken the resistance of a man now at his mercy.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/57037558

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "reports" say China's and Pootin's vaccines don't work as well as the FDA approved vaccines.
    Do you believe them? Why is “reports” in quotation marks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We investigated the presence of SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain (RBD)-specific antibodies in blood samples of 959 asymptomatic individuals enrolled in a prospective lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 to track the date of onset, frequency, and temporal and geographic variations across the Italian regions. SARS-CoV-2 RBD-specific antibodies were detected in 111 of 959 (11.6%) individuals, starting from September 2019 (14%), with a cluster of positive cases (>30%) in the second week of February 2020 and the highest number (53.2%) in Lombardy. This study shows an unexpected very early circulation of SARS-CoV-2 among asymptomatic individuals in Italy several months before the first patient was identified, and clarifies the onset and spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Finding SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in asymptomatic people before the COVID-19 outbreak in Italy may reshape the history of pandemic.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33176598/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chile is using this vaccine and their country’s case load per capita is not looking as good as ours.
    I heard chile openen up too quickly before reaching a good % vaccination. But its possible those vaccines qare also nog as good. Still some protection even 50% better than zero

And with the low cost the chinese vacs will save the planet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain celebrates the end of the pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard chile openen up too quickly before reaching a good % vaccination. But its possible those vaccines qare also nog as good. Still some protection even 50% better than zero

And with the low cost the chinese vacs will save the planet
    Low cost? Hungary Reportedly paid about double the price for the Chinese vac compared to Pfizer vac.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe them? Why is “reports” in quotation marks?
    the "reports" will be scrutinized and a rough consensus will emerge as to whether the Trash's covid deaths are 550K or 900K, so far.

We know that in spring 2020, Repug states, eg FL, were LYING about covid death rates to follow Trash's mortal, self-serving example of downplaying the severity of the public health disaster. Also, people were dying form covid in NYC at home and not tested for covid, so undercounted. Probably true in other countries

=========================

Countries
    (USA, Britain, Brazil, India) run by corrupt anti-govt right-populist/nationalist politicians have higher death rates than social-democratic countries

same is true within USA

COVID-19 has hit people in Republican-led states hardest, study finds

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...st-study-finds

===========

and duped, stupid Repug MISgoverned red states are where cases are increasing the most

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-...S/dgkvlgkrkpb/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-09-2021 at 09:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the "reports" will be scrutinized and a rough consensus will emerge as to whether the Trash's covid deaths are 550K or 900K, so far.

We know that in spring 2020, Repug states, eg FL, were LYING about covid death rates to follow Trash's mortal, self-serving example of downplaying the severity of the public health disaster. Also, people were dying form covid in NYC at home and not tested for covid, so undercounted. Probably true in other countries

=========================

Countries
    (USA, Britain, Brazil, India) run by corrupt anti-govt right-populist/nationalist politicians have higher death rates than social-democratic countries

same is true within USA

COVID-19 has hit people in Republican-led states hardest, study finds

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...st-study-finds

===========

and duped, stupid Repug MISgoverned red states are where cases are increasing the most

You would have to be an idiot to believe our death toll is more than double India’s. I think even many Indians would agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would have to be an idiot to believe our death toll is more than double India’s. I think even many Indians would agree.
    you have to be an idiot not use normalized demographic counts, eg, events/population

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have to be an idiot not use normalized demographic counts, eg, events/population
    The stats for every country are probably so off as to be practically useless for any real comparison. You can track progress or regression against COVID within a country based on the stats based on trend lines but comparing overall results between countries is going to be issue filled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida experiencing massive surge in COVID-variant cases tied to spring break invasion

With Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) moving quickly to open the state up during the pandemic despite warnings from the CDC,

the state is now seeing the after-effects of his decisions with a startlingly large 10,000 variant cases.

According to the report, "A total of 753 variant cases from three strains -- the B.1.1.7, the P.1, and the B. 1.3.5.1. -- were reported on March 14, according to variant infection data shared with ABC News.

The Florida Department of Health does not disclose variant cases on its public dashboard," of course not, Desantis

before adding,

"That number swelled to 5,177 cases from five types of variants on April 15.

Just two weeks later, the number of variant infections exploded to 9,248 on April 27."

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-2652928589

Remember the FL lady who got fired for telling the truth about covid cases?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida experiencing massive surge in COVID-variant cases tied to spring break invasion

With Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) moving quickly to open the state up during the pandemic despite warnings from the CDC,

the state is now seeing the after-effects of his decisions with a startlingly large 10,000 variant cases.

According to the report, "A total of 753 variant cases from three strains -- the B.1.1.7, the P.1, and the B. 1.3.5.1. -- were reported on March 14, according to variant infection data shared with ABC News.

The Florida Department of Health does not disclose variant cases on its public dashboard," of course not, Desantis

before adding,

"That number swelled to 5,177 cases from five types of variants on April 15.

Just two weeks later, the number of variant infections exploded to 9,248 on April 27."

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-2652928589

Remember the FL lady who got fired for telling the truth about covid cases?

Thanks. Ill be sure to continue wearing a ing KN95 in Florida

Im about to sch3dule my J&J shot too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a successful blue state with 60% vaccinated, are red state old folks homes the the same?

COVID-19 risks reemerge at nursing homes as workers decline vaccine and new residents struggle to get shots
    It was a battle many thought we had already won.

Residents of nursing homes were among the first to get vaccinated against the coronavirus last winter, leading to a dramatic decline in new infections.

But now, there are signs that the danger remains and may even be growing again.

The percentage of nursing home residents who are vaccinated has declined since March, amid complaints from senior care leaders of difficulty getting shots for newly admitted residents.

Perhaps more concerning,

a sizable share of Massachusetts nursing home staff members continue to go unvaccinated for COVID-19,

despite aggressive initiatives to convince the hesitant.

-- Boston Globe email

WTF

Thread Information