Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defensive potential of an eventual Poeltl, Samanic, KJ, Vassel/White, Murray line up has me salivating. When Samanic and Bates-Diop were on the floor in the 2nd half together the Spurs length (seems almost like an oxymoron) bothered the Knicks big time. They were having major issues trying to pass over the top of the defense and that line up has excellent size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a slight overpay but might be a good contract down the stretch. Apparently Jakob was shooting 3s during his workouts. Not that I think he can shoot them but if he improves his offense it would be a good contract down the line. I’d rather lock him up for 3 years than to have him signed for 1 year for cheap and then having to renegotiate next year
    great value contract tbh. 8 million per year for your starting C is nothing, Demarre Carroll is still getting paid 6 million and he ain't even on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rudy Gobert-lite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rudy Gobert-lite
    27 million over 3 years vs 205 million over 5 years.

Bang for buck?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gobert age 25 season- 13/11 on 2 blocks a game 30mpg

Jakob as a starter- 9/9 on 2 blocks a game in 28 minutes and seems to be finding his touch and rhythm offensively as the year goes on

If Jak stays healthy and continues on this current trajectory he is getting paid in 2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gobert age 25 season- 13/11 on 2 blocks a game 30mpg

Jakob as a starter- 9/9 on 2 blocks a game in 28 minutes and seems to be finding his touch and rhythm offensively as the year goes on

If Jak stays healthy and continues on this current trajectory he is getting paid in 2023
    At least he's not getting paid now.

I was skeptical about the contract they threw at him at first, but it's starting to look like a discount if he can maintain his current level of play (especially if he stays a starter).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the freakout about this deal, even before he started. It’s less than the ing MLE, and all of the advanced stats said that what happened with his increased minutes was always going to happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is actually more like .5 points per game he is leaving at the FT line. (Although I agree improvement here is needed.) Also he is shooting at a 65% clip as a starter (and 61% overall) so evidently he is handling the tougher shots you referred to rather well. He is a wash on offense less than a point difference, but is the highest net defender in the league with an 8 point difference between on and off the floor. Also, since he became a starter he is averaging 30.4 minutes per game. So, if I understand your analysis correctly Poeltl is 1 free throw every other game away from being worth $18 million plus per year. So at a minimum I guess you are agreeing that his contract is a great value as I opined.
    Yeah. Should have clarified that he’s a bargain at $9 million, and if he were a decent FT shooter he’d be making twice as much per year on the open market. The fact that he’s not limits ability to stay on floor in certain situations. He’s that big of a difference maker on defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the freakout about this deal, even before he started. It’s less than the ing MLE, and all of the advanced stats said that what happened with his increased minutes was always going to happen.
    General thinking was that he is outdated for "today's NBA"...and then he started off the season poorly and that just added fuel to the fire.

That said...he has been a difference maker in the last 10-15 games, especially since he broke into the starting rotation. He's never going to be a 20PPG scorer or anything, but if he can keep doing what he is doing, he will be worth every penny.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My initial issue with the contract was that it felt like we were headed to an awkward year, wasted year, actually, by not trading LMA. I didn’t predict that LMA not just be benched but pretty much disappear and pave the way for Yak’s ascendancy.

I love the FO’s emphasis on defense, which is probably a smart style to aspire towards for a small market team that has challenges, like all small market teams, of attracting splashy players. I’m happy to see a well rounded team that actually gets along with each other with no prima donna on the team dominating the ball and cap space.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread reeks of estrogen

No Spurs player has ever sucked according to fluffers 1, 2, and 3 ( Dejounte , exstatic , Sugus )

Poeltl is ing garbage and I have no idea why this thread was bumped like this dude was lighting the league on fire. He had 2 points and 5 boards in the OKC loss and for some reason gots on here are comparing him to Gobert and Wiseman. Can’t make this up. I’d take any big on the Mavs for this lazy stiff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No Spurs player has ever sucked according to fluffers 1, 2, and 3 ( Dejounte , exstatic , Sugus )

Poeltl is ing garbage and I have no idea why this thread was bumped like this dude was lighting the league on fire. He had 2 points and 5 boards in the OKC loss and for some reason gots on here are comparing him to Gobert and Wiseman. Can’t make this up. I’d take any big on the Mavs for this lazy stiff
    The ? Don't @ me, you little goober. Get off my .

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ? Don't @ me, you little goober. Get off my .
    Just regulating the forum re s. Go fanboy over more euro trash prospects that won’t amount to like your boy Poku.

Poeltl is garbage. Derrick White won’t save his scrub ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just regulating the forum re s. Go fanboy over more euro trash prospects that won’t amount to like your boy Poku.

Poeltl is garbage. Derrick White won’t save his scrub ass.
    My boy Poku? Lmfao bruh I know this is good but hop off already. You're all up on me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean not to gloat but Poetl has looked like the past couple of games. I get called out whenever he has a good game but whenever the dude plays like it’s crickets on my call outs...Is he going through a mini slump? It’s possible. Or it’s possible that this is what we are going to get for a good chunk of games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's simply not good enough offensively IMO. In a different era, he could have been a much more well regarded player because of his defense, but in this current NBA, he's still a liability on offense. He's just not a closer due to not being good on offense. It's tough to have him out there to close games, and that sucks because his defense is great most of the time. I'm indifferent on him right now. Not sure which way I am leaning.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean not to gloat but Poetl has looked like the past couple of games. I get called out whenever he has a good game but whenever the dude plays like it’s crickets on my call outs...Is he going through a mini slump? It’s possible. Or it’s possible that this is what we are going to get for a good chunk of games
    He went 2-2 on FT what more do you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's simply not good enough offensively IMO. In a different era, he could have been a much more well regarded player because of his defense, but in this current NBA, he's still a liability on offense. He's just not a closer due to not being good on offense. It's tough to have him out there to close games, and that sucks because his defense is great most of the time. I'm indifferent on him right now. Not sure which way I am leaning.
    pretty much tbh. We'd be a le contender if he averaged even 10-12 ppg imo. this isn't the 90s/2000s. everyone on the floor has to be an offensive threat to be a contender in this era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can’t defend by himself, and before last night, we had been missing White and Vassell.

Jason Tatum said that it took him weeks to get back to normal, post COVID, and it showed in our ty rotations last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't wait until the next game Jakob plays well in, so your re ed ass can off the forum for a few weeks like you usually do, tbh

Out of all the re posters that come out of the woodworks with every loss, you're probably top-2 in take rankings... Congrats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait until the next game Jakob plays well in, so your re ed ass can off the forum for a few weeks like you usually do, tbh

Out of all the re posters that come out of the woodworks with every loss, you're probably top-2 in take rankings... Congrats?
    Edge Lords gonna edge...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You get called out when he has a good game? When bruh? The only one (I at least) called out is my guy Spurraider, but only due to our playful banter on Drummond

Anyways, Poeltl was far from the main reason we lost last night, I don't know what posters expect (actually, I do; jack ) when the rest of the team lays a big fat egg on the court. Funny Poeltl's signing thread gets bumped, but not White's... Wonder why, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s never going to be the answer at center. He’s a band-aid at this point. Clyde Fraiser said something last week that’s kind of true - Jak is a bust. Based on what he was projected to do and be, Clyde is right. People keep waiting for this guy to figure it out and he hasn’t yet.

You just can’t have someone on the court who isn’t a threat offensively. NBA defenses today will punish you for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time Jakob wasn’t in the starting line up we lost by 31 points to the Memphis grizzlies

we were dominated on the glass last night in large part thanks to unique match ups at the point guard, power forward, and center positions. Jakob was often out of the paint as a result of Tingus Pingus’ ability to spread the floor. Maxi Kleber was able to clean up the offensive glass with no big present with 4 offensive boards. Zinger was also able to use his length to grab a few rebounds that we are used to seeing Jakob get.

you can cry about Jak’s offense but when 2 of your shot creators in Dejounte and Derrick White shoot a combined 6-23 from the floor, it’s gonna be really hard for a big to do much of anything unless you have a Jokic or Embiid who can iso and initiate offense.

the obvious fix was add size at the 3 and 4 to battle with the bigger wings and forwards of the mavs. The adjustment was not made and we got burned with Rudy at the 5 and small line ups.

Not his best performance- but if you watched that game and your instinct was to bump this thread and wallow in your own smooth brain , you are not just a dumb basketball watcher. You are a dumb person.

Thread Information