Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this game makes everyone realize Poeltl can't be a starter on a serious team.
    Max Kiebler out played him tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is part of the future... With crybaby out, Luka should be given that position and given chance to keep proving himself. He did and he should've been rewarded with minutes tonight... bad coaching.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't say he was trash, you said he was "one of the most overrated players in franchise history", which is a take, not only because Poeltl is not overrated whatsoever, and matter-of-factly underrated by most of the fanbase in terms of what he contributes to the team, but also because there's notoriously more overrated players than him, given half the board believes Nephew is better than Curry

So yeah, par for the course take
    He’s definitely overrated when re s like you and Dejounte compare him to Gobert and Wiseman in 5 years

This dude is the walking example of how meaningless advanced stats are actually watching the games is still the best way to evaluate a player. No one gives a flying what his DBPM is when he’s getting his pushed in every night on the boards and has regressed year by year on his free throws despite having Chip Engelland on speed dial

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lethargic, fatigue - call it what you will. Game is not an accurate representation of what this team will be in 2 weeks.
    Not playing Sham, regardless of hierarchy, is plain puzzling though. We got smashed on the boards and guys were clearly physically outmatched.
    not playing luka tonight was just stupid especially with the way he’s been playing. Our depth is probably our biggest asset I don’t know why we go to like 8 man rotations. I’d like to limit mins of a few of the vets and get a guy like luka 15 mins a night. He can make a big difference for this team

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Lethargic, fatigue - call it what you will. Game is not an accurate representation of what this team will be in 2 weeks.
    Not playing Sham, regardless of hierarchy, is plain puzzling though. We got smashed on the boards and guys were clearly physically outmatched.
    Sam only got minutes because Pop's beloved vets(Rudy Gay in this instance) were out with Covid. As long as the vets are healthy, Sam will have to be content with GLeague. Most puzzling thing is why it has to be Gay or Sam in the first place. I'd rather have Luka absorb the minutes Lyles got tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is part of the future... With crybaby out, Luka should be given that position and given chance to keep proving himself. He did and he should've been rewarded with minutes tonight... bad coaching.
    Again, being a center won't take advantage of his strengths. Gay is the one who needs to go to make room for Luka. If he's a center, we won't be seeing much of his great perimeter defense we've been seeing lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think Derrick and Keldon are still being affected by COVID
    Then they shouldn't be there that long... the right call was to play Luka and Diop with length and size.. Spurs were outrebounded and slow on closeout which Luka and Diop could've helped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop F+++. Mills and Gay 28 ,min?!?!? Running plays for pasty and gay when the game was tied and mills guarding Luka??? Poop.....F+++++

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s definitely overrated when re s like you and Dejounte compare him to Gobert and Wiseman in 5 years

This dude is the walking example of how meaningless advanced stats are actually watching the games is still the best way to evaluate a player. No one gives a flying what his DBPM is when he’s getting his pushed in every night on the boards and has regressed year by year on his free throws despite having Chip Engelland on speed dial
    Stop being a random and hop off my . Stay in your lane, boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think Derrick and Keldon are still being affected by COVID
    Very possibly, but the team isn't so deep that they can just sit them both. We need them both to play at a high level for this to even come close to sniffing the playoffs.

Disappointed with Derrick's effort and performance even with knowing COVID after effects are an issue.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i called this L last week:
    Spurs have lost 3 of 4
    2 of 4

win against pelicans
    loss against nets
    win against knicks
    loss against thunder
    spurraider21: Uriel must be taking the next spurs game into account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring all the ranting, crying and usual trolling, that was another ty loss where it felt like no one was playing with any energy or intensity.

Crazy to think but the team needs Vassell back in the worst way. And the team will need to quickly and decisively make a decision with the back up 5.

Playing Gay & Lyles out of position isn't gonna work especially with their lack of physicality, shot blocking and interior defense.

So, either we squeak into the playoffs or grab another lottery pick while moving past this current "era" or group.

Also, unless things turn around soon I'm becoming worried about Derrick White. He's been absolutely terrible and disappointing as provided what he showed in the '20 NBA Bubble. We need him to become an adequate creator/playmaker or I see DeMar returning in the team's future.
    That hit of Covid really messed up the team’s momentum. And of course White got the bad end of it after he just got into rhythm again. He was great against Charlotte so I haven’t given up on him. Now the Aldridge leaving situation makes things a little more difficult. Spurs are more thin at C than ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, being a center won't take advantage of his strengths. Gay is the one who needs to go to make room for Luka. If he's a center, we won't be seeing much of his great perimeter defense we've been seeing lately.
    I don't mean to put Luka on Center but PF

DJ, Lonnie, Demar, Luka, Poeltl - better spacing and rebounding.
    Keldon is energy guy and could really take the Manu role
    White, Mills, Vassell, Keldon, Gay/Eubanks
    Tre, Diop, Lyles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason not to play Luka but instead go with Lyles and Rudy is if they are seriously shopping them an Walker not playing at all in the 4th might he be part of a trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy to think Luka could have actually helped tonight with the rebounding problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our status as one of the very worst 4th quarter teams in the league hasn't changed. It's completely psychological too.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few months ago folks swore benching LMA and playing Poeltl 30min would fix our problems and now it seems like Samanic is the next great White hope

The sooner y’all realize every big on this roster is garbage and wouldn’t start on any of the 29 other teams, the better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles/Eubanks combined 11 minutes tonight are there for the taking between Samanic and Vassell. I'll handle the losses as long as these two guns get run the rest of the year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop F+++. Mills and Gay 28 ,min?!?!? Running plays for pasty and gay when the game was tied and mills guarding Luka??? Poop.....F+++++
    Yeah, that was okay "ish" when the team was playing with a lead and Dallas wasn't being aggressive, but once the switch flipped that needed to stop.

Pop loves reverting to that nonsensical thought that Patty's quickness can allow him defender bigger guys but it can be easily exploited if you go to it often (which Pop does).

Just a badly coached game & defensive strategy against Doncic and Porzingis in the second half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many designed plays did Wombat have there in the 4th to chuck up a three? Must've been atleast 5. So ridiculous.

The Gay isos were stupid af too smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few months ago folks swore benching LMA and playing Poeltl 30min would fix our problems and now it seems like Samanic is the next great White hope

The sooner y’all realize every big on this roster is garbage and wouldn’t start on any of the 29 other teams, the better.
    Yes, because Poeltl is worse than Kelly Olynyk, Daniel Theis or old ass DeAndre Jordan. I could look up more guy, but I'm remembering than you're an idiot that thinks poor man's Shawn Marion (Brandon Clarke) would've been our savior.

The same guy that can't start over Kyle Anderson.

This Mavs are a poor match up because they play 5 - Out and Pop is unwilling to go to a zone (for long stretches).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Step 1: Take you off the court, Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That hit of Covid really messed up the team’s momentum. And of course White got the bad end of it after he just got into rhythm again. He was great against Charlotte so I haven’t given up on him. Now the Aldridge leaving situation makes things a little more difficult. Spurs are more thin at C than ever.
    True, I'm currently just worried that he'll revert back to that passive, over thinking style he displayed so often last season before the NBA bubble.

Yeah, Pop should've worked things out with Aldridge, through at least the off-season, if he lacks so little confidence in Eubanks (he did little with his time to earn any) that he resorts to Lyles & Gay at the 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop doesn’t get a F or D letter grade I will be shocked.

Thread Information