Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys probably missed this bombs revelation from this thread, but since Leonard is back in San Antonio, I thought it was worth making into a thread of its own.

Basically, dasclicer reveals that then Spurs Assistant GM and now General Manager Brian Wright called Leonard a "pussy" back in his last season for the Spurs, when he was sitting out games.

From what I have heard Brian Wright who was the Spurs assistant GM at the time called him a pussy for sitting out. Kawhi took offense and asked the Spurs to get rid of Wright but the Spurs refused. That's where the spurs get 50 percent of the blame for not silencing Wright but still what Kawhi did was bush league.
    This corroborates something Kori Ellis had said earlier in a previous thread.

Here's my take on the story ...

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended. Mentioned it to his Uncle, and Kawhi's group then got Kawhi really riled up about it (saying he was being disrespected, not appreciated, Spurs were too controlling, Kawhi wasn't having input on player signings, etc.) Side note: I believe that Kawhi really only cares about playing basketball, but he trusts his advisors completely, when maybe they are just looking out for their own best interest not necessarily his.

At that point, anything the Spurs did or said to Kawhi was met with resistance by the group and blown out of proportion by the media. (For example, when Tony talked about Kawhi's injury, that was actually a comment in support of Kawhi -- go watch the video again. "Worse" things were said by other players privately, but none of them were trying to slight Kawhi - they were just confused/frustrated by the lack of communication. Kawhi was just trying to rehab and had turned over most communication to his group.) Kawhi was never pissed off at any of his teammates or even really with Pop. He thought he was physically not able to play at that point, and he had become convinced that the grass was greener elsewhere. And he was right... he just won a Championship.

I think that communication could have been a lot better on both sides, and I think Kawhi could have done a lot more to improve that communication. I also think he could have played more than those 9 games, and if he really couldn't, he should have been sitting behind the bench in support of his teammates. But I'm not one of the many doctors he consulted, so what do I know?

Do I think he will stay in Toronto? Probably not. He's probably very happy there (especially right now), but again, "coming home" to California is a big appeal to him and the group.

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share.
    Last edited by Uriel; 03-24-2021 at 09:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I meant to say "Brian Wright" in the thread le. Mods, please edit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he is a pussy lol

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Wright is a beat writer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know Brian Wright was this based. Lets see if he can pull off a decent trade for Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The writing was probably on the wall already for Kawhi. He made up his mind at this point that he was going to LA. I'm glad someone in the Spurs org. got a word in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, dasclicer reveals that then Spurs Assistant GM and now General Manager Brian Wright called Leonard a "pussy" back in his last season for the Spurs, when he was sitting out games.

daslicer is basing this off of ____ ____?

Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The writing was probably on the wall already for Kawhi. He made up his mind at this point that he was going to LA. I'm glad someone in the Spurs org. got a word in
    RD2191 who is the most reliable Spurs insider source called it when 50 Mills and Gasol got their loyalty contracts tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Wright is a beat writer.
    Meant to say Brian Wright, sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RD2191 who is the most reliable Spurs insider source called it when 50 Mills and Gasol got their loyalty contracts tbh
    Thanks for the shout, fam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I'll stop supporting the Spurs if this ever turns out to be true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's ..... not accurate, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Wright is the wrong name

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're sleeping on the couch tonight

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want it to be true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When, or if ever,, do we get the real deal from you timvp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I'll stop supporting the Spurs if this ever turns out to be true
    Please don't go. And whatever you do, don't take your burner account TGY with you. Please don't do that. It would be devastating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please don't go. And whatever you do, don't take your burner account TGY with you. Please don't do that. It would be devastating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is keeping you here? Just go join ClippersTalk and find more people that will circle jerk to your Nephew jersey/ rag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is keeping you here? Just go join ClippersTalk and find more people that will circle jerk to your Nephew jersey/ rag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO should’ve fired Wright immediately. He’s been a garbage GM ever since he got that position.

By the way from what I heard the Spurs medical staff missed a broken bone in his hand somewhere around 2014 and that’s where the beef with the medical staff initially started.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know Brian Wright was this based.
    tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause he is and anyone that thinks otherwise is a PUSSY TOO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is one of the biggest assholes in sports yet is coddled by the league.

Thread Information