Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reason "BeCkY DiDnT GaMEPlaN 2DaY, It wAs TIm" was suddenly a thing when Pop was ejected while Becky was lead assistant for the first time.

It was literally never a thing before that. It was always the next assistant up after Pop.

Go on. Find an instance where it wasn't Bud, Messina, etc who took over the nights when Pop was ejected. Suddenly the rules changed when it was Becky's turn.

Nuh uh. You're going to break glass ceilings when POP says it's time, .
    I think the Spurs had a lead assistant who was the clear #2 until Messina left. Basically since then it's been the kids all jockeying for the spot. I'd imagine it's Hammond unambiguously unless some random vet like Stotts joins up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs had a lead assistant who was the clear #2 until Messina left. Basically since then it's been the kids all jockeying for the spot. I'd imagine it's Hammond unambiguously unless some random vet like Stotts joins up.
    Didn't Boylen end up coaching the couple of games Pop was ejected from during his time here? And if Becky is so great, why was she still jockeying? The whole thing is confusing. No rhyme or reason for a lot of Spurs/Pop decisions these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Boylen end up coaching the couple of games Pop was ejected from during his time here? And if Becky is so great, why was she still jockeying? The whole thing is confusing. No rhyme or reason for a lot of Spurs/Pop decisions these days.
    Yes, but Boylen was before Messina.

Don't color me someone who assumes Becky has to be some great coach. Wouldn't know.

I do think it's weird how she didn't even get a summer league to herself. Could be a Pop thing not actually believing in her, and it could be a thing where she doesn't actually want a top spot yet and is just interviewing for experience and to try to normalize women doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bottom line is that nobody knows what is really up with hammon's standing. it's all just comes down to whose speculation has the best makeup or doesn't come off as to far-fetched. i guess we'll know a little more towards the start of camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my take is that pop was a bit off after kawhi and his wife so things like pushing for becky to take the next step went out the window. hiring TD was an odd thing but it think TD cared about POP and thought i was necessary but never cared about coaching.

Becky really needs to go to another big market. The spurs assistants all got hired on the backs of pop's prime. There's no sexiness around the spurs now. Of course if she is the next coach here, it's as good a job as any. She knows the guys and no one thinks they're a diva here. That's why portland did not make sense (unless they were trading lillard)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys find it somewhat strange that teams are interviewing and hiring assistant coaches while the Spurs aren't? (at least reportedly)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but Boylen was before Messina.

Don't color me someone who assumes Becky has to be some great coach. Wouldn't know.

I do think it's weird how she didn't even get a summer league to herself. Could be a Pop thing not actually believing in her, and it could be a thing where she doesn't actually want a top spot yet and is just interviewing for experience and to try to normalize women doing that.
    She had the 2015 SL team. Won the le.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/...s-becky-hammon

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys find it somewhat strange that teams are interviewing and hiring assistant coaches while the Spurs aren't? (at least reportedly)
    I think the Spurs like to keep it "in house", so they will likely promote an Austin Spurs coach like Blake hern or whom ever is the video coordinator

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. She and Hardy split that year. Hardy did Utah and Becky Vegas. Believe me, as an Anderson head, I didn't forget that year. But Becky still not getting the sole nod even the following year was odd. Very much felt like Pop not knowing which of the two he saw the most in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    other teams have something to play for. you could hire any coach in SA and reach the same outcome-late mid lottery. We don't have the basketball savvy (maybe white could do it) that could take advantage a high level coach so it won't matter. Spurs is a bottom 5 coaching opening that isn't even open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk names of coaches nor do I normally care, but this isn't the shooting coach that everyone touts as a top shooting teacher in the league is it??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs like to keep it "in house", so they will likely promote an Austin Spurs coach like Blake hern or whom ever is the video coordinator
    Ahearn was already poached, he joined the Grizzlies as an assistant coach last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk names of coaches nor do I normally care, but this isn't the shooting coach that everyone touts as a top shooting teacher in the league is it??
    No will hardy is just a kid who started at the bottom. Its a big deal because we lost a lot of assistant coaches and have been struggling with green coaches, becky, hardy, and tim duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The shooting coach is Chip Engelland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. She and Hardy split that year. Hardy did Utah and Becky Vegas. Believe me, as an Anderson head, I didn't forget that year. But Becky still not getting the sole nod even the following year was odd. Very much felt like Pop not knowing which of the two he saw the most in.
    It’s not a reward or advancement chit. Basically low assistant(s) on the totem pole pulls SL duty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not a reward or advancement chit. Basically low assistant(s) on the totem pole pulls SL duty.

Lol. Gosh, the trash that gets posted here. For example, Coach Bud coached the Vegas SL team in 2010, which was his 14th year as an assistant coach. No, he was not the low man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Gosh, the trash that gets posted here. For example, Coach Bud coached the Vegas SL team in 2010, which was his 14th year as an assistant coach. No, he was not the low man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. You only had to go back a BIT more than a decade to find an exception. YTMND.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bottom line is that nobody knows what is really up with hammon's standing. it's all just comes down to whose speculation has the best makeup or doesn't come off as to far-fetched. i guess we'll know a little more towards the start of camp.
    Probably the best way to look at it.

Thread Information