Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should dominate this but is coaching like it's the NBA. The issue comes down to team ball vs iso ball and the lack of defense that is played in the NBA. The fault lies with the idea of the NBA modern game being better.
    There was a time when Poop could adjust. Not anymore. Not without Tim holding his hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every game Team USA plays, their opponent is going to give everything to win. For them, beating Team USA is like winning the gold. That’s true even in exhibition games that the US players probably don’t even care about other than not wanting to be trolled.
    That's enough. KD has multiple burners because he hates being trolled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is going to have to coach this team and hurt some superstar players feelings. He is gonna have to play guys like Bam and Grant more over guys with higher NBA cache.
    That's where KJ could come in. Pop could give KJ a role (he looked good) and then coach him hard (like Duncan). That might allow him to coach the other guys. Right now I think Pop is scared of his players. That's not his comfort zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's where KJ could come in. Pop could give KJ a role (he looked good) and then coach him hard (like Duncan). That might allow him to coach the other guys. Right now I think Pop is scared of his players. That's not his comfort zone.
    Well, his players just lost their first two exhibition games so they deserve to be yelled at a bit now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, his players just lost their first two exhibition games so they deserve to be yelled at a bit now.
    Good ol' ass chewing from Jerry Sloan 2.0 should really whip them into shape tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth. The last two MVP’s are foreign players, and not including Doncic who will be in the years to come. That Nigerian team did not look anything like what Barkeley used elbow around. That block by Achiuwa on Durant was unreal
    i agree and will add that the first dream team shouldn't be compared to any present day american team for several reasons. first, international compe ion was nowhere near what it is now. second, there will never be a team as stacked as those first few dream teams were. third, the NBA's decisions to create an offense friendly set of rules has players having to adopt to the international level of play. international players are more physical while NBA players are conditioned to look for calls when on offense and back off the opposing players when on defense. and one has to wonder about selecting players who are iso players and not generally used to passing the ball, another construct of the current NBA.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth. The last two MVP’s are foreign players, and not including Doncic who will be in the years to come. That Nigerian team did not look anything like what Barkeley used elbow around. That block by Achiuwa on Durant was unreal
    Nigeria looked nothing like it's past two incarnations which was the '12 and '16 team. 11 out of 12 of those kids on team Nigeria are US citizens that grew up in the US. Nigeria if anything got smarter with it's recruiting. Those kids would play on Team USA if they were considered but are second to third tier NBA talent so they ended up doing the second best thing which is playing for the country of their parents and family ancestry.

With that being said Pop should have still found a way to beat them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nigeria looked nothing like it's past two incarnations which was the '12 and '16 team. 11 out of 12 of those kids on team Nigeria are US citizens that grew up in the US. Nigeria if anything got smarter with it's recruiting. Those kids would play on Team USA if they were considered but are second to third tier NBA talent so they ended up doing the second best thing which is playing for the country of their parents and family ancestry.
    Anything goes in the Olympics. Becky played for Russia.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything goes in the Olympics. Becky played for Russia.
    Yes I know hence why the final part of my quote which you omitted which said "With that being said Pop should have still found a way to beat them."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every game Team USA plays, their opponent is going to give everything to win. For them, beating Team USA is like winning the gold. That’s true even in exhibition games that the US players probably don’t even care about other than not wanting to be trolled.
    You're 100% right about opponents efforts vs USAB. My issue is that our team doesn’t give a and act like they’re better. If that’s the case this is a ty team that was put together. The selection processed needs to be revamped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop yelled at these divas some of them would quit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop yelled at these divas some of them would quit.
    Good. Pop's not out there trying to build the next superteam or coddle egos. If they want to quit, get the out.

But if the US doesn't win gold, I don't want to hear a single one of them make excuses about how "we didn't play hard enough" or "Pop yelled at me"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pippen's comments about KD looking pretty on point at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pippen's comments about KD looking pretty on point at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I know hence why the final part of my quote which you omitted which said "With that being said Pop should have still found a way to beat them."
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant has to take some blame as supposed greatest NBA player in game right now. He has never won without stacked teams and time for Diva to man up.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Pop's not out there trying to build the next superteam or coddle egos. If they want to quit, get the out.

But if the US doesn't win gold, I don't want to hear a single one of them make excuses about how "we didn't play hard enough" or "Pop yelled at me"
    So far, Pop is definitely there to coddle egos lmao. He literally wiped his lips off after talking about begging, getting on his knees, and giving a little sucky sucky to KD to join the squad. His tough guy act he pulls on Lonnie will definitely not be tried on a strong black player like Draymond, I’ll tell you that. He’s going to let Donkey scrub it up out there until donkey checks himself out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    daly went golfing with jordan in the midst of the pistons/bulls rivalry and the rumors that jordan and pippen had something to do with isaiah being left off the squad. of course these coaches are there to coddle egos.
    Last edited by rjv; 07-13-2021 at 03:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, Pop is definitely there to coddle egos lmao. He literally wiped his lips off after talking about begging, getting on his knees, and giving a little sucky sucky to KD to join the squad. His tough guy act he pulls on Lonnie will definitely not be tried on a strong black player like Draymond, I’ll tell you that. He’s going to let Donkey scrub it up out there until donkey checks himself out.
    You should use some more inflammatory words in your posts, tbh. I'm not sure your point is coming across

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should just stop tainting his legacy and just call it quits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant has to take some blame as supposed greatest NBA player in game right now. He has never won without stacked teams and time for Diva to man up.
    Durbetta got a little less hateable in the Bucks series when he actually stepped up without a stacked team and Kome level reffing.

But ya anyone who swallows the *Best Player in NBA* swill.......mission accomplished by ABC/Disney/NBA marketing shills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should just stop tainting his legacy and just call it quits.
    June 2014.

I actually say Summer 2005 but know no way Spurs Inc would have pulled that off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So sitting here before the game. This is going to be a punk job (strike that) a big win for Team USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    much better ball movement so far and much better effort on the boards.

Thread Information