Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you stop and think about it, the odds are against a trade happening. This is typical off-season media talking about how to get big name free agents to the Lakers. It happens every year so it would be surprising if anything happened. The only reason to give me pause is Derozan may want to play closer to where he is from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see a S&T involving DeRozan (the right S&T), just so we'd be getting something in return. I think he's more likely just to go and sign a deal outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see a S&T involving DeRozan (the right S&T), just so we'd be getting something in return. I think he's more likely just to go and sign a deal outright.
    Most contenders don't have the money to sign him.
    It helps him as much as it does the spurs to do a sign and trade as it opens his options. He in noway thinks of himself as a minimum type player. He will also likely be willing to work with the spurs considering they have a good relationship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you stop and think about it, the odds are against a trade happening. This is typical off-season media talking about how to get big name free agents to the Lakers. It happens every year so it would be surprising if anything happened. The only reason to give me pause is Derozan may want to play closer to where he is from.
    What options are so enticing? Which teams with cap space would be so intriguing for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most contenders don't have the money to sign him.
    It helps him as much as it does the spurs to do a sign and trade as it opens his options. He in noway thinks of himself as a minimum type player. He will also likely be willing to work with the spurs considering they have a good relationship.
    Makes sense. If he wants to go ring-chasing most contenders would have to free cap space, you're right. I'm hopeful we won't be willing to take on anyone's garbage. Then I'd rather just see him walk in that case. Toronto would probably welcome him back with open arms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DePression is going to the Knicks tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replace Harrell with tht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old post, but if he gets the opportunity, he would love to play at home.
    But hopefully the Spurs would try to get out of it. Kuzma, Harrell, THT and pick #22 (Duarte)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old post, but if he gets the opportunity, he would love to play at home.
    But hopefully the Spurs would try to get out of it. Kuzma, Harrell, THT and pick #22 (Duarte)

I'm fine with trading him to the Lakers if he wants to go there and the Spurs can get an interesting asset or two but no ing way I want Kuzma. That skinny pos thinks he can score 25 a game in this league and that he's some budding star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do that trade and then trade Kuzma for a player or future draft pick. Do a little of what OK has done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan on a James-Led Lakers team would be the perfect recipe for deepening my utter contempt for LA. I'd be giddy with every loss as much (or more) as during the 2001-2004 glory years.

Maybe Pop will sell low again and get Pope, 2021 1st and 2023 1st for DeRozan (probably not cap compatible), or as you suggest unload Kuzma to a 3rd team.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at folks expecting Brian Wrong and Drunkford to not get finessed

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps Derozan ends up with the Splash Bros... on that team he wouldn't be a liability or be forced to shoot the three...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at folks expecting Brian Wrong and Drunkford to not get finessed
    Exactly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I am hoping the Spurs can finally catch some good luck and get something for DEROZZ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 Best Available NBA Free Agents (msn.com)

DeMar DeRozan, SG

DeRozan turned in yet another 20 PPG season with the Spurs last year, owning the midrange in an age obsessed with the three-point line. DeRozan was the No. 1 option on that San Antonio team and may have to accept a downgrade in priority status if he wants to go for a shot at a championship rather than running it back (with the Spurs or someone else) as the top scoring option on a mediocre team. That will define how DeRozan's free agency will go. If he's willing to settle for an MLE deal or somthing around there, his suitors will line up around the block. But if he's looking for a deal that pays him $10 million-plus annually, that line will be much shorter.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see DDR taking the MLE. Maybe for one year as a bet on himself. If he's going to sign a longer term deal he will get at least $16M per year imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeMar DeRozan, SG

DeRozan turned in yet another 20 PPG season with the Spurs last year, owning the midrange in an age obsessed with the three-point line. DeRozan was the No. 1 option on that San Antonio team and may have to accept a downgrade in priority status if he wants to go for a shot at a championship rather than running it back (with the Spurs or someone else) as the top scoring option on a mediocre team. That will define how DeRozan's free agency will go. If he's willing to settle for an MLE deal or somthing around there, his suitors will line up around the block. But if he's looking for a deal that pays him $10 million-plus annually, that line will be much shorter.
    Dang, that's pretty harsh. I've always thought his value is around $20MM. If he goes to a place like NY or Detroit it would be $25MM but contenders would probably only want to pay $15-20MM. If he's worth $10MM we might as well sign him. lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone suggesting Derozan take the MLE is likely hoping he signs with the Lakers or some . Even if he were to play a role as a second banana or a bench scorer, which I see him disinclined to do, but let's say he considers it, he would command more.

I can't take reports like that seriously tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, that's pretty harsh. I've always thought his value is around $20MM. If he goes to a place like NY or Detroit it would be $25MM but contenders would probably only want to pay $15-20MM. If he's worth $10MM we might as well sign him. lol.
    i mean struggle to get the max ,but 10 mil plus would scare teams away? Whoever wrote that doesnt know

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's MSN. Person is just spouting reading material. He isn't taking the MLE and it would be an insult to offer him the MLE. That's just the easiest way for him to get to a contender. But likely if he goes to a contender, it will have to be through a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeMar DeRozan, SG

What re wrote this article? I'm not a demar fan by any means but lmao at anyone thinking he's getting less than 20M a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple more Derozan to LA articles on somewhat reputable sports sites.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...rs-per-report/

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kyle...170914603.html

The CBS is conflicting in that Derozan is willing to take a pay cut but all LA has is $6m deal.
    The Spurs would need to do DeRozan a solid, which based on how nice they've been to him in his 3 years, I think they'd be willing.

DeRozan in LA with his pal Lowry is ideal scenario #1, and increases the odds of him not being here for another 3-4 years.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Demar want the $ or does he want to win? He can’t have both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeMar DeRozan, SG

Uh, the MLE is really close to $10M. Not really a point in differentiating between them.

Thread Information