Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say that this drive and kick scheme that we've been using the last few years doesn't seem to be working.

You have guys turning down wide-open threes to pump-fake and drive, and guys with lanes for a lay-up throwing the ball back out to a three-point shooter. Rinse and repeat.

I understand the concept of breaking down the defense, but when the are players supposed to look for their shot?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the players are just used to freelancing, which is a problem on a team where everyone is used to being the alpha. Maybe I’m not giving them enough credit. I doubt it, but maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be devil's advocate, the US team is being beaten by teams running a "San Antonio offense" -- more passing, teamwork.

Ono-on-one by our superior players works in the NBA, where tight refereeing allows that approach. International refs just let 'em play and our guys can't score as easily against that defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because the players are used to just dribbling and shooting whenever they want. The bigger problem is they're weak and getting bumped off their positions. In the NBA, they are used to no defense allowed. FIBA isn't that way.

Maybe just let Durant and Lillard shoot every shot and if they don't get in a rhythm, they lose. Learning sets or moving the ball won't work without prep.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised. This ain't the 90's. The system is holding them back like it did to Duncan his entire career and Kawhi for 90% of his time here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because the players are used to just dribbling and shooting whenever they want. The bigger problem is they're weak and getting bumped off their positions. In the NBA, they are used to no defense allowed. FIBA isn't that way.

Maybe just let Durant and Lillard shoot every shot and if they don't get in a rhythm, they lose. Learning sets or moving the ball won't work without prep.
    I mean...that's kinda how US lost against France. Lillard and Durant combined for 22 of the team's 69 attempts (even though Durant played limited minutes)...and shot 32%. Jrue Holiday actually put up the most attempts, but was also the only one of the few players actually generating offense and getting easy shots at the rim instead of taking contested jumpers.

Who knows...maybe they both just had bad days and will pull it together, but the US can't afford any more cold shooting nights from their star players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why bringing in the team that wins the le (college )or a playoff team in NBA is Better then then crap they are doing
    Oh get a more modem coach not a dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka outscored Durant Dame and Booker by himself in first game with 48. Maybe some of this has to fall on Diva Durant as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be the first to admit I want Pop to retire, but these losses really have nothing to do with him. These MFers have NO chemistry together, and the teams we are playing have it in spades. As others have said, they just want to play playground style ball out there, and that's not gonna cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA had more assists, more blocks, more steals, less turnovers than France. But when your best shooters combine for 8-28 (28%) you're going to struggle.

I didn't watch the game so i'm wondering if most of those misses were contested? Is the offensive playbook not creating open looks for the players?

I think Pops offense has been fine but his in game coaching has not been so great. Making adjustments, pulling players, sticking with the hot hand etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why bringing in the team that wins the le (college )or a playoff team in NBA is Better then then crap they are doing
    Oh get a more modem coach not a dumb
    Do you really think a College Team can guard Gorbert down low?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gringos are a bunch of pussies. Weak ass divas who can’t play against real defense when not protected by their precious refs. Today’s NBA is TRASH. I might give up on watching the nba and just watch Euroleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so the players know the right brand of basketball to play but their egos are unwilling to participate. Theoretically, a 2014 spurs with a madden rating of a jillion. Would rather flop around the perimeter in iso tho, but Silver isn't in charge of these refs. 'murica

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right or wrong, it Looks like Pop has already lost the team.

I do agree though that these NBA players today don't know how to play real basketball anymore and it shows.

I remember those days when it was FIBA that was considered softer one .My ! how the tides have turned thanks to Silver's woke NBA
    Last edited by Chomag; 07-26-2021 at 03:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no daddy lebron or kobe to lead by example. Maybe Draymond lost his mojo being on sucky teams the past few seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussyass NBA Players being coached by an old grandpa who the game passed by. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose against Iran with him coaching

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussyass NBA Players being coached by an old grandpa who the game passed by. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose against Iran with him coaching
    Iran, Kazakhstan, Trinidad & Tobago, etc don't matter... PATFO fluffers will still say Pop just didn't have enough talent on his team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right or wrong, it Looks like Pop has already lost the team.

I do agree though that these NBA players today don't know how to play real basketball anymore and it shows.

I remember those days when it was FIBA that was considered softer one .My ! how the tides have turned thanks to Silver's woke NBA
    Uh, no. Stern started this long ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran, Kazakhstan, Trinidad & Tobago, etc don't matter... PATFO fluffers will still say Pop just didn't have enough talent on his team
    This IS the worst team since 2004. If you rate them on a 100 scale, 2008, 2012, and 2016 were all in the 90s. This team is high 70s, maybe low 80s.

Pop bashers love to say that he had nothing to do with 5, it was all player talent, yet refuse to see the dearth of talent on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I agree Pops coaching is pretty meh these days, it ain't his fault a bunch of all star players are tossing up bricks out there. It ain't his fault these dudes are so used to pampered officiating that they can't play as well when the officials don't give a about the name on their back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, no. Stern started this long ago.
    True, no doubt I'm sure Stern started the decline but Silver has definitely put the decline in turbo mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the prima donna's on this team will blame the offense, the coaches, anyone but themselves. You've got Kevin Durant who had to bolt from a team where he couldn't win with Harden and Westbrook, and Lillard who's probably going to be a championship o-fer in his career. These guys have been missing more open looks than a college team. Maybe Middleton and Holiday can help when they get past their jet lag.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players complaining about playing in the Spurs offense doesn’t bode well for possible free agents.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This IS the worst team since 2004. If you rate them on a 100 scale, 2008, 2012, and 2016 were all in the 90s. This team is high 70s, maybe low 80s.

Pop bashers love to say that he had nothing to do with 5, it was all player talent, yet refuse to see the dearth of talent on this team.
    It’s still the most talented team in the Olympics by a huge margin

Thread Information