Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not with this team, he wouldn’t. It may actually be worse than 2004.
    This team has Kevin Durant, one of the best scorers in NBA history. I find it hard to believe it's worse than 2004. Pop's shown this ability before. The ability to make really good players not look that good when they play for him. Finley, Van Excel, Dice, RJ, Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has Kevin Durant, one of the best scorers in NBA history. I find it hard to believe it's worse than 2004. Pop's shown this ability before. The ability to make really good players not look that good when they play for him. Finley, Van Excel, Dice, RJ, Aldridge.
    All those guys you mention were past their prime in San Antonio, except for LaMarcus who had two of his best seasons ever with Popovich.

This team USA has no size and defensive minded players are also lacking. You have JaVale McGee and Keldon Johnson on the team for Pete's sake, neither would be on the '04 squad (they shouldn't be on this team).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA with their no-hand-check rule, lack of an interior game, and ultra protection of the stars is becoming a gimmick league and is being exposed. It's basically become the AND 1 league, just with higher paid talent. Durant and Lillard look far too human in this scenario.
    NBA is better quality overall compared to FIBA leagues, because the talent level is significantly higher, but you're absolutely correct about the stupid fouls stars get in NBA totally ruining the product. Can't breathe on a perimeter player but you can push and shove in the post without a foul called. No hand checking on the perimeter but everything's allowed in the post. Imagine if no hand checking was enforced there as well.

The same kind of pushing fouls were rightfully called against France and allowed their bigs to play big, which destroyed team USA. It was also so refreshing to see perfect refereeing, compared to what we saw in the NBA finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scored 0 points while Duncan carried him to 5 as well, yet some delusional people think he's the greatest and was the main cog
    You're reasoning and conclusions seem a tad bit inconsistent. You've claimed the 04 team and this year suck because of pop.you've claimed Duncan carried him.

So pop is to blame for 2004 Olympics as an assistant, huh. According to you Duncan could have bailed him out and carried him through the Olympics. That didnt occur. So by your own logic 04 is duncan's fault and not pops.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pop and Parker
    carried by Tim and Manu
    But...but...but...why didn't Kiwi waste his prime waiting for the keys to be taken away from grandpa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m going to be rooting for the Islamic Republic of Iran to pull off the upset!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the team USA stars look like stars in this Olympics. Durant and Lillard are way too human.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But...but...but...why didn't Kiwi waste his prime waiting for the keys to be taken away from grandpa

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the team USA stars look like stars in this Olympics. Durant and Lillard are way too human.
    Durant should've known to sit this one out. He knows he can't carry a non-loaded team.

Thread Information