Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame the poor performance of a team full of stars on the NBA tbh.

The NBA has made a soft league where stars are treated to a different set of rules than the average player. They aren't getting that special treatment in the Olympics! Perhaps these stars aren't as good as the NBA has made them seem?!? Funny how when everyone has to play by the same rules these stars cant beat average players...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s still the most talented team in the Olympics by a huge margin
    NBA talent, but they’re mentally soft. Can’t stand physical contact. No leaders. Not one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why bringing in the team that wins the le (college )or a playoff team in NBA is Better then then crap they are doing
    Oh get a more modem coach not a dumb
    interesting idea, in the playoff teams there is the suns or the clippers with US stars only
    A team with chemistry but less talent would probably perform better I think

But no way a owner would let his whole team playing in the summer while others rest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the reporter who asked JaVale McGee if his Mum was still alive

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    popovich just use the coach k strategy of letting the usa players freelance no need to make them run plays stop being stubborn

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Not surprised. This ain't the 90's. The system is holding them back like it did to Duncan his entire career and Kawhi for 90% of his time here
    Got his skirt pulled in Gm 1 of the '17 WCF when neither one of those guys were available & that was the end of his chapter. Uncle Dennis was right all along....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really think a College Team can guard Gorbert down low?
    They will have chemistry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will have chemistry
    But the international talent have closed the gap. For example, there were 5 NBA players in that French team. I doubt a College Team could take France, likewise Australia with 6 or Nigeria with 8 NBA players, etc., only Iran without. I doubt Baylor Bears can take Nigeria

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The previous teams needed mega alpha Kobe for the team to rally behind iirc. I think they barely beat Spain with Rubio and Kobe led them, I think. In other words, even those teams had a pecking order. This team doesn’t. Add in the star treatment in the NBA by the refs, the FIBA style of reffing (calling the game fairly), combined with a slapped together roster. We should still be doing better, but the NBA has morphed into such bull , this is sadly refreshing to see in a weird way. Unfortunately, Pop will be the fall guy. Unfortunately, this could motivate him not to quit the Spurs. We’ll see.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is done.
    NBA players have been ruined by ty rules designed to limit the defense and make point total go brrrrrrr.

Both of these things can be and are true.

The next domino to fall will be someone finally telling Pop that he isn't good enough at the game anymore to be rude to reporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are also grumbling about making wide ass open shots and not turning the ball over. I don’t mind bashing the old man but his system got them like 8 open looks and the players choked their asses off. I don’t remember Pops system saying to dribble the ball off your ing foot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame the poor performance of a team full of stars on the NBA tbh.

The NBA has made a soft league where stars are treated to a different set of rules than the average player. They aren't getting that special treatment in the Olympics! Perhaps these stars aren't as good as the NBA has made them seem?!? Funny how when everyone has to play by the same rules these stars cant beat average players...
    Good point

Jordan was treated to a different set of rules, that explains why he was bad during the 92 Olympics tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point

Jordan was treated to a different set of rules, that explains why he was bad during the 92 Olympics tbh
    Was Jordan not good during the '92 Olympics? I assumed he would have played well. Did he actually struggle?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great performance against Iran. I’m guessing no one in the media will write about this, being less interesting than trashing Pop (whom I do want to retire after the Olympics). What I saw showed teamwork and the ball was really moving around the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    European teams and others don't yet have the depth of talent that the NBA & USA have, but in terms top talent they are closing in for sure. Think of what an All Euro team would look like: Giannis, Doncic, & Jokic, with Gobert off the bench... yikes... That team competes with any team on the planet, and consider this: Slovenia has a population of about 2 million. Serbia has about 7 million, and Greece has about 11 million. So those three countries combined have about the same size of folks to draw from as Florida by itself. The fact that Slovenia, whose population is smaller than Houston's, is even in contention for an Olympic medal is an incredible story in & of itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would blow teams out if they just go out there and play... But Pop is stubborn and wants to prove a point... So they need to do it HIS way so it looks like he coached them to victory as opposed to their talent carrying him like Duncan did

Thread Information