Page 208 of 376 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't know. For some reason I'm even less excited after watching that. I did like that the combat is largely one-hit kills instead of hacking away at people. But I got a huge Assassins Creed vibe from the gameplay, and having just played through Odyssey, I have no interest in playing another game like that for a while. This may be a next-gen purchase for me.

Props for actually showing gameplay though. LOL Ubisoft.
    Even comparing it to AC seems kind of out of line on second thought. I haven't played any of the current gen AC, but last gen AC at least had a lot of interesting vertical exploration. This looks like poor man's AC. Also not a fan of the slow motion kills trying to copy the style of the movie 300. I went and watched it again because the Playstation live stream was pretty awful and this still looks like a 6/10 game to me. Passable, but nothing I'm particularly interested in. Even though I'm hugely interested in games about Japan.

So far 2020 looks like a dud. Persona 5 Royal was awesome but Ghost of Tsushima looks like crap, Dying Light 2 probably doesn't come out this year, and TLOU Part II sounds a bit disappointing. The only must buy for me this year after P5R is Yakuza 7, which looks incredible in everything I have seen about it. And hopefully Cyberpunk lives up to the hype. Probably the only other games I'm hyped about are the rumored Switch remasters of Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.

EDIT: I guess if we count Japan-only games, Persona 5 Scramble is a pretty awesome 2020 game too. Too bad no announcement of western localization yet.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-14-2020 at 04:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pros

Cuztomization and exploration seems decent. Ghost mode definitly looks interesting.

Cons

Really have no idea how fluid the sword combat is. No idea who is initiating slow down and very little info really.

Could be a 10/10 game if combat is good with great narrative..

Most likely

an 8.5./9 game

As low as

7/10 though if the combat is trash and intenresting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even comparing it to AC seems kind of out of line on second thought. I haven't played any of the current gen AC, but last gen AC at least had a lot of interesting vertical exploration. This looks like poor man's AC. Also not a fan of the slow motion kills trying to copy the style of the movie 300. I went and watched it again because the Playstation live stream was pretty awful and this still looks like a 6/10 game to me. Passable, but nothing I'm particularly interested in. Even though I'm hugely interested in games about Japan.
    To me it looks remarkably similar to Odyssey.. like the way they describe exploration. Odyssey attempted something similar, they make you look for visual cues and marking objectives with your eagle instead of just following waypoints around. To me it didn't work real well and you were constantly staring at the map anyway. The combat also looks similar though the enemies seem less spongy. Even the mundane task of collecting plants/wood has the exact same visual style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you dp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

State of Play in a couple of hours, 4PM Eastern time. Get your bodies ready baseline bum spurraider21 apalisoc_9 Joseph Kony ElNono Xevious
    that was...not what i expected lol. game looks okay though, not sure thats gonna be a day one purchase for me tho tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't played it yet, but from that video I get a RDR-type of game set in feudal japan. We'll see what they put into the story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished AC Odyssey including both DLCs

im not going to pretend to understand the “modern” storyline whatsoever. I thought the combat in the 2nd DLC was deeper because enemies could with your adrenaline meter and the bosses were actually somewhat challenging (i played on Hard, not Nightmare).

The game as a whole is the epitome of quan y over quality. IMO has zero replay value and felt like a chore to play at times. Gameplay as a whole was mind numbingly repe ive and voluminous, with virtually no narrative value to keep you engaged. Great way to kill time during a pandemic but not a good game imo. Not a game I’d particularly recommend unless you love open world games with icon littered maps and very button mashy combat. Very shallow rpg elements besides the skill trees that somewhat get you to commit to specific combat styles. Choices have little impact. Leveling up does nothing. Gear is instantly obsolete.

Just bad.

looking forward to eventually playing Witcher 3 so i can play a massive open world game apparently done right. Not right away though, going to play bioshock next

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

im not going to pretend to understand the “modern” storyline whatsoever. I thought the combat in the 2nd DLC was deeper because enemies could with your adrenaline meter and the bosses were actually somewhat challenging (i played on Hard, not Nightmare).

The game as a whole is the epitome of quan y over quality. IMO has zero replay value and felt like a chore to play at times. Gameplay as a whole was mind numbingly repe ive and voluminous, with virtually no narrative value to keep you engaged. Great way to kill time during a pandemic but not a good game imo. Not a game I’d particularly recommend unless you love open world games with icon littered maps and very button mashy combat. Very shallow rpg elements besides the skill trees that somewhat get you to commit to specific combat styles. Choices have little impact. Leveling up does nothing. Gear is instantly obsolete.

Just bad.

looking forward to eventually playing Witcher 3 so i can play a massive open world game apparently done right. Not right away though, going to play bioshock next
    witcher 3 combat is so underwhelming. Almost poor tbh. Maybe because I keep on comapring it to God of war.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just bad.

What I found odd too was that they took out any thought or planning to the climbing/parkour. You just hold down X/A/or whatever and climb up any smooth surface. And then after lvl 20, there's no fall damage. IIRC, you had to plan your routes a little better in the older games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing through BioShock for the first time, it's quite good. it actually feels quite a bit like Portal when it comes to the art/design of the world, the telling of the story through audiotapes, etc. very good stuff

as for the gameplay, the shooting mechanics are very basic, but the different weapons and ammo types add some good variety. in the very early stages of the game it almost felt like a survival/horror game as i was constantly scrounging for ammo. however, by this point in the game (i'm in the garden area), im almost always up to full capacity on all things with the exception of certain ammo types like armor piercing rounds

i also find the vita chamber system to be possibly the most forgiving checkpoint system i can ever remember in a game tbh ... even on hard difficulty. could literally chip away at a big daddy's health with the wrench, die, respawn, repeat, over and over again if you want to kill one without using any ammo or health packs. would take quite a while, though

it also took me a while to realize that big daddies keep respawning and that you dont actually have to engage them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly Playstation State of Play Sale starts May 25th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , meant Days of Play Sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing through BioShock for the first time, it's quite good. it actually feels quite a bit like Portal when it comes to the art/design of the world, the telling of the story through audiotapes, etc. very good stuff

as for the gameplay, the shooting mechanics are very basic, but the different weapons and ammo types add some good variety. in the very early stages of the game it almost felt like a survival/horror game as i was constantly scrounging for ammo. however, by this point in the game (i'm in the garden area), im almost always up to full capacity on all things with the exception of certain ammo types like armor piercing rounds

i also find the vita chamber system to be possibly the most forgiving checkpoint system i can ever remember in a game tbh ... even on hard difficulty. could literally chip away at a big daddy's health with the wrench, die, respawn, repeat, over and over again if you want to kill one without using any ammo or health packs. would take quite a while, though

it also took me a while to realize that big daddies keep respawning and that you dont actually have to engage them
    finished the game. all things considered held up pretty well, and i imagine it would have been mind blowing if i played it around 2007-2008 around its release. same thought after having played shadow of the colossus.

i wonder if the later installments have better aim-down-sights features than this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished the game. all things considered held up pretty well, and i imagine it would have been mind blowing if i played it around 2007-2008 around its release. same thought after having played shadow of the colossus.

i wonder if the later installments have better aim-down-sights features than this one.
    It was amazing at launch, at least on 360. Easily the second most impressive game I had seen that gen at the time (Elder Scrolls Oblivion was #1). If you're going to continue the series right now I have to warn 2 feels very much like 1, especially in setting. Infinite is brightly colored and vibrant though and in combination with the skyhook, the game feels quite different from the first while still having plasmids and the weird hacking minigames. Not that 2 is a bad game, I find it hugely underrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was amazing at launch, at least on 360. Easily the second most impressive game I had seen that gen at the time (Elder Scrolls Oblivion was #1). If you're going to continue the series right now I have to warn 2 feels very much like 1, especially in setting. Infinite is brightly colored and vibrant though and in combination with the skyhook, the game feels quite different from the first while still having plasmids and the weird hacking minigames. Not that 2 is a bad game, I find it hugely underrated.
    nah, not going to jump straight into 2.

i like the idea of a linear FPS to break up the monotony between larger open world games. i also picked up The Stick of Truth for about $9 recently as another palate-cleanser.

from the more massive games/ les, i still have Dark Souls 2/3, Nioh, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid V, Days Gone.

still also have Dying Light, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-22-2020 at 09:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, BioShock was great, tbh... I wasn't much into FPS back them but those had an enjoyable story and very well done...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, not going to jump straight into 2.

i like the idea of a linear FPS to break up the monotony between larger open world games. i also picked up The Stick of Truth for about $9 recently as another palate-cleanser.

from the more massive games/ les, i still have Dark Souls 2/3, Nioh, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid V, Days Gone.

still also have Dying Light, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami
    Stick of Truth is awesome, easily the funniest game I have ever played and the turn based combat is really good too. The combat is very similar to Super Mario RPG if you ever played that back on the SNES (another great RPG by the way). Though Persona 5 Royal is the gold standard for turn based RPGs on PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, BioShock was great, tbh... I wasn't much into FPS back them but those had an enjoyable story and very well done...
    You ever played Bioshock Infinite? I liked it even more than the first. Also, on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being an alltime great game like God of War and 1 being GTA IV, what would you rate Nioh 2? Did you finish it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ever played Bioshock Infinite? I liked it even more than the first. Also, on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being an alltime great game like God of War and 1 being GTA IV, what would you rate Nioh 2? Did you finish it?
    your hate boner for that game is pretty absurd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stick of Truth is awesome, easily the funniest game I have ever played and the turn based combat is really good too. The combat is very similar to Super Mario RPG if you ever played that back on the SNES (another great RPG by the way). Though Persona 5 Royal is the gold standard for turn based RPGs on PS4.
    im not going to touch persona until i finish every game i have already listed on my backlog + TLOU2 + nioh 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not going to touch persona until i finish every game i have already listed on my backlog + TLOU2 + nioh 2
    So never basically?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your hate boner for that game is pretty absurd
    Niko drives like an Asian woman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I played all of them. Just excellent games.

I would rate Nioh 2 a 7. I didn't finish it yet, but I took a break from it to play some new games. I'm actually back at it today.

I think you would enjoy it way more than I am.

Thread Information