Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reference to the #metoo movement
    You are the new auntfocker. Pink this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are the new auntfocker. Pink this guy.
    pink you tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of times he’s just lost out there. He needs to spend a lot of time at Austin to learn the system, reassert himself. He needs to feel he can dominate at SF position, timing help defense. Man, CP3 and Harden were just going through with him. He’s pretty athletic and long. He should be able to time those block shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the last game shows why he should not be playing much let alone starting as some posters seem to believe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hopefully the last game shows why he should not be playing much let alone starting as some posters seem to believe.
    No, that means he needs even more NBA welfare time so he might be better someday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also have to remember he broke his wrist in camp so he is still catching up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he seemed afraid of making mistakes out there, and yes, he was completely lost in the rotations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that means he needs even more NBA welfare time so he might be better someday.
    No. He had 4 TO in 12 mins. He is not ready now and won't be for some time. He is forced to play due to injuries. Another game like that and Spurs would be forced to pick up a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consistent playing time at Austin would help more than NBA garbage time. Metu is very raw at what I’ve seen. But of course Spurs coaches know better so probably just had a bad rookie game under pressure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He had 4 TO in 12 mins. He is not ready now and won't be for some time. He is forced to play due to injuries. Another game like that and Spurs would be forced to pick up a big.
    +1 Metu needs all the court time he can get in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw this thread. One of you locals putting this hashtag on a sign during a game would be legendary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop really say that he thinks Metu can be a wing/3 in the league? holy crap if true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the kid but he really needs time in Austin. He was absurdly bad when trying to play actual rotation minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop really say that he thinks Metu can be a wing/3 in the league? holy crap if true
    He doesn't have the size to be a legit 5. I think best case scenario...he packs on some muscle and can be a quick 4. With the way the league is going, there aren't many guys who are looking to truly punish guys in the post day-in and day-out.

However, he will need to develop a jump shot if he wants to really succeed in that capacity, as he isn't ever going to be a back-to-the-basket player unless he hits another serious growth spurt.

He's got quick feet and is super athletic...but he is so raw that it almost hurts to watch. All of his positive contributions come on pure hustle. If he can refine his game and at least add a solid 15-18 footer, he has a chance...but he ain't no 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have the size to be a legit 5. I think best case scenario...he packs on some muscle and can be a quick 4. With the way the league is going, there aren't many guys who are looking to truly punish guys in the post day-in and day-out.

However, he will need to develop a jump shot if he wants to really succeed in that capacity, as he isn't ever going to be a back-to-the-basket player unless he hits another serious growth spurt.

He's got quick feet and is super athletic...but he is so raw that it almost hurts to watch. All of his positive contributions come on pure hustle. If he can refine his game and at least add a solid 15-18 footer, he has a chance...but he ain't no 3.
    His ceiling is a homeless man's Ibaka which isn't even that bad.

He's obviously super raw but he has not wing skills whatsoever and no amount of player development by the Spurs is going to fix that (see: Green, Danny never learning how to dribble while he was with the Spurs)

I don't really believe that Pop sees him as a future wing because I don't think Pop has lost his senses that much tbh. He adds 10-15lbs muscle and he can be serviceable as a small ball 5 in a few years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu and Moore both had pretty good game tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s pretty athletic and can chase block shots which Spurs are missing among other things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu and Moore both had pretty good game tonight.
    He needs this a lot tbh. Once Pau is back, I think Poeltl also needs some time in Austin for positioning. Admittedly I was ver disappointed with him earlier, but his hassles the last few games, eagerness to work hard to better himself, convinced me that he has a lot of potential. Poeltl is deceptively effective with his length. He needs hook shots, sink 10-15 feet shots, catch ally opps, this guy could be a solid center with a long career tbh
    Last edited by John B; 11-21-2018 at 06:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is the best example of the disparity of NBA and G-League game. He looked so composed on these plays, but a day ago he looked like a lost puppy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is the best example of the disparity of NBA and G-League game. He looked so composed on these plays, but a day ago he looked like a lost puppy
    No better way to become comfortable than by actually playing. Metu needs to spend time in Austin to get himself ready for games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that would have been Kyle Anderson. He looked like a basketball god in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that would have been Kyle Anderson. He looked like a basketball god in Austin.
    Not really. Anderson had a number of good games in SA, and his offensive analytics were pretty good (was a top iso scorer in the league for a couple years). The blocks and steals transferred too. A guy like Ledbetter being competent or Blossomgame dominating are better examples, because they just didn't have the ability to get those shots off in the NBA.

I agree with John B here that I instantly thought of the disparity when I saw how many different things Chim was able to do. A lot of that is the talent level of the defense, but a non-negligible amount of it is that Metu went into this knowing he was the gameplan rather than just been tossed in for clean-up duty. When the coaching is designed for you to get shots in your spots, and you're told to be aggressive, it can make a big difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably also helped Metu that he didn't have Patty pointing him to the wrong side of the court.

Thread Information