Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stackhouse rips ref; Bavetta doesn't comment

02:21 AM CST on Friday, March 3, 2006
    By EDDIE SEFKO / Staff Writer

Jerry Stackhouse unloaded on veteran referee Bavetta after Thursday's 98-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, saying that he knew the Mavericks were in trouble when he saw Bavetta as the crew chief.

"It's tough to come on the road in this environment and have to play agains the refs, too," Stackhouse said. "[Expletive] Bavetta.

I'm tired of his [expletive]. It's like the game is about him. He just needs to call the game and call the fouls.

"It's like he didn't because we were up and he wanted to see them [the Spurs] come back."

Stackhouse and Robert Horry were called for a double technical foul when they got involved in a scrum late in the game.

The Mavericks believed Horry bit Stackhouse during the scuffle, which did not escalate.

"We saw it and are on it," owner Mark Cuban said of Horry's alleged nibble. "We will send it into the league and I'm sure he will be suspended."

Stackhouse could not confirm the bite. But he left no doubt about his displeasure with Bavetta.

"This game was about Bavetta," he said. "He called a double technical foul like he's trying to sort it out. But he never saw what happened. If he'd seen what had happened, he'd know I got an offensive rebound and Horry came down and gave me a cheap shot at the other end.

"He was grandstanding. He wanted to dictate the game. If the game was called right, we wouldn't have been fighting from behind at the end."

Stackhouse said he wasn't concerned about possible retribution from the league office about his comments.

Bavetta, leaving the arena nearly two hours after the game ended, had no comment.

He's Manu Ginobili carina_gino20's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another player who can't

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stackhouse rips ref; Bavetta doesn't comment

02:21 AM CST on Friday, March 3, 2006
    By EDDIE SEFKO / Staff Writer

Jerry Stackhouse unloaded on veteran referee Bavetta after Thursday's 98-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, saying that he knew the Mavericks were in trouble when he saw Bavetta as the crew chief.

"It's tough to come on the road in this environment and have to play agains the refs, too," Stackhouse said. "[Expletive] Bavetta.

I'm tired of his [expletive]. It's like the game is about him. He just needs to call the game and call the fouls.

"It's like he didn't because we were up and he wanted to see them [the Spurs] come back."

Stackhouse and Robert Horry were called for a double technical foul when they got involved in a scrum late in the game.

The Mavericks believed Horry bit Stackhouse during the scuffle, which did not escalate.

"We saw it and are on it," owner Mark Cuban said of Horry's alleged nibble. "We will send it into the league and I'm sure he will be suspended."

Stackhouse could not confirm the bite. But he left no doubt about his displeasure with Bavetta.

"This game was about Bavetta," he said. "He called a double technical foul like he's trying to sort it out. But he never saw what happened. If he'd seen what had happened, he'd know I got an offensive rebound and Horry came down and gave me a cheap shot at the other end.

"He was grandstanding. He wanted to dictate the game. If the game was called right, we wouldn't have been fighting from behind at the end."

Stackhouse said he wasn't concerned about possible retribution from the league office about his comments.

Bavetta, leaving the arena nearly two hours after the game ended, had no comment.
    Yeah, cept he gave Horry the same cheap shot on the other side

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes....Stackgrouse! Cuban's shower partner!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bavetta was sitting next to a media member from Fort Worth on the flight back, and was completely unaware that Stackhouse had said anything about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. This was something that began on the other end. I can't stand when players whine like that.

Talk is cheap and so is Holt! Peter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome. It's "the refs" now. You lost because the Spurs' D clamped down on your ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand this owner. Its good he is passionate about his team and the sport, but he needs to calm the heck down. Why didn't they show him when his team lost. Why did they only show him when Terry hit the three? Cuban makes me sick. I'm glad this guy has billions of dollars, but I'm sick of seeing him and hearing from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Craphouse was throwing just as many cheap shots as anybody else on the court. The game was chippy from the get go and I'm pretty sure if the Mavs would have won you wouldn't have heard . I do agree that Bavetta will try to take over a game at times but he's like that with all the teams Mavs included, so he just needs to take the loss and stop ing and Cuban needs to STFU cause his complaining and tape sending has ruined too many games.

Talk is cheap and so is Holt! Peter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban is just like any other fan. He'll about the refs when his team loses. Of course, he's just like any other fan who happens to own the team.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What bunch of pussies! them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only do the Mavs always come in second to the Spurs, now they're stealing our "it's the refs' fault" argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but Horry did bite him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stackhouse doesn't like it when he gets as good as he gives. Another spoiled player who wants to blame the refs when they lose.

Perhaps he forgot to notice the Spurs D and Dirk catching a case of Bowens Disease had more to do with them losing than any ref.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finley and stack were really going at each other in the second half. i know this is off topic, but finley played great d on stack, and hit some incredible shots with stack draped on him. i wonder if they used to go at each other like that in practice, it seemed very heated...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? Spurs won the game, that's all that matters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We will send it into the league and I'm sure he will be suspended."

You mother ing, laughing-stock, well-reamed asshole.

Rob was locked up in that scrum with somebodye else's elbow an inch from his mouth. It was fake, joke munch. Not malicious or in anger. Apparently no marks (who was not even suited up).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that Cuban will do anything and everything for his team to win. That's good and bad though. His players have to be able to look past who is calling the game and play the best that they can to win. Bavetta wasn't the one who was hounding Dirk. Bavetta wasn't the one who was driving into the lane and hitting the tear drops. Bavetta wasn't the one with clutch shooting in the end.

The Spurs did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big ups to Bowen for guarding Dirk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well apparently Woody Paige agrees with him and feels the same way. And his (Woody's) view on Bowen's D on Nowitzki is that it was non existant due to the fact that he scored 23. Anyways Stacks a punk and Woody is now the new Dallas Paige!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I hate to hear Spurs fans about the refs. Read what Stckhouse and Cuban are saying and see how pathetic they look. That's how pathetic we look when we constantly cry about officiating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let them talk . They just make themselves look worse. What Horry did...was uncalled for and should be punished. I'm one of his biggest fans but like that is the anti-christ of Spurs basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Mark Cuban.

I used to like this guy. He pretty much saved the Mavericks franchise. Then the year DRob was going to retire, he was the only owner that had a pre game ceremony honoring him for all his years of service.

But now this guy has gone overboard. In a way I can understand his frustration. The Mavs are always so close, yet so far away.

With Avery at the helm, this appears to be the best overall team in the history of the Mavs, and yet they still can't seem to make that final step and become the team the Spurs are.

After watching that game last night, I'm sure he sees another early exit come playoff time. If I was in his shoes, I would be frustrated to.

But the guy does need to chill. Otherwise they are going to be hauling him out of the arena on a stretcher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban is amazing. He is successful for a reason. That's good and I am glad for him. However, he is the only owner that I know of that does and says things like this. I have never heard Holt come out and say things like this. I would be ashamed of the owner of the Spurs would come out and do something like this. Its good he is passionate about the Mavs. However, he needs to....what are the words....uh...

SHUT THE HECK UP!

Thread Information