Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    The series put itself in a difficult spot because narratively it makes no sense to keep Grogu on the show, but alot of casual fans, including Disney execs, won’t like the baby being written off. But I don’t think anybody wants to see a bunch of Deepfake Luke emotionlessly teaching Grogu the Force while never moving his upper lip.

I trust Favreau has something good in mind, but unfortunately we’ve reached the “half the fanbase is going to about whatever happens” stage of the show.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Master Grogu should have killed Palpatine in The Rise of Skywalker tbh.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just hope he is gone from the new Jedi Temple in 23 years.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    But what if Mando is related to Tarre Vizla

Is he even from Mandalore? Or is he a foundling?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is he even from Mandalore? Or is he a foundling?
    Officially, Mando is a foundling whose parents were killed and he was taken and raised by the Death Watch - which explains his fighting skills

I hope he’s not related to any Mandalorian, the idea of non native uniting Mandalore - a place that has been divided by natives - would be perfect imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Officially, Mando is a foundling whose parents were killed and he was taken and raised by the Death Watch - which explains his fighting skills

I hope he’s not related to any Mandalorian, the idea of non native uniting Mandalore - a place that has been divided by natives - would be perfect imo
    He's technically the ruler of Mandalore now, right? Since he has the sword.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It was only a matter of time but Luke is getting his own series
    https://fandomwire.com/luke-skywalke...ney-exclusive/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Disney announcing a new series for every whim is getting a little silly, especially since literally nothing has been released except The Mandalorian. That Boba Fett series is probably the most pointless.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Grogu being removed from the show altogether would be a little strange since he's been such an important part of its success. There's plenty of other content to cover with the Mandalor storyline, or the Ashoka/Thrawn stuff (unless that was a tease for another series), but I can't see them removing Baby Yoda entirely.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Disney announcing a new series for every whim is getting a little silly, especially since literally nothing has been released except The Mandalorian. That Boba Fett series is probably the most pointless.
    There is no way they will all survive let alone be successful with all of them. Most will probably failed and not go pass season 1. Disney got money...but they dont have "let's make 20 series that depend highly on CGI and keep it rolling" money.

I read that the Mandalorian's first season budget was 150 million dollars. HBO tried this with the GOT brand and wittled it down to just one GOT spinoff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He's technically the ruler of Mandalore now, right? Since he has the sword.
    Yes

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hate to sound like a kneejerk contrarian, but part of what made this show so good is that it's not directly tied to the movies. I didn't need Boba Fett raised from the dead, and I certainly didn't need the reveal at the end of the season.

I feel like this just turned into another fan service orgy. And serving Star Wars fans is never good for Star Wars art.

BUT.... Even with that said, if the last four episodes was a movie, it would be the second best movie in the franchise behind empire strikes back.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Goodness, one thing goes right and Disney immediately reacts by overloading us with tons of okay-to-mediocre content and gets everyone sick of Star Wars again. They learned nothing

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I hate to sound like a kneejerk contrarian, but part of what made this show so good is that it's not directly tied to the movies. I didn't need Boba Fett raised from the dead, and I certainly didn't need the reveal at the end of the season.

I feel like this just turned into another fan service orgy. And serving Star Wars fans is never good for Star Wars art.

BUT.... Even with that said, if the last four episodes was a movie, it would be the second best movie in the franchise behind empire strikes back.
    This season was fun, but if The Mandalorian keeps turning into a weekly 40 minute advertisement for new spinoffs, I’ll be out pretty quickly.

Although I’d love it if they ever did a Migs Mayfeld spinoff where Bill Burr gets to drop f-bombs and go on long rants roasting other planets in the galaxy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    DIsney : Episode/show is a success , let's make spin oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooffs

I'm lookig forward to the Obi Wan series though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

It was fan service, but it was fan service done right

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    It was fan service, but it was fan service done right
    Yeah imo “fan service” is something completely unnecessary that gets shoehorned in just for a fan reaction. If it’s integral to the story it’s not really fan service.

Luke and Ahsoka didn’t feel like fan service, but Boba Fett did imho. They even blew up Mando’s ship just for an excuse to justify Boba Fett being around

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

While I really enjoyed this season, I have to say I agree with you. One of my biggest criticisms of Disney SW so far is their inability to step away from the established stories and do something unique. And look here... we have individual series announced for Obi Wan, Luke, and Boba Fett. There are literally countless stories that could be told within this universe, but we're going to ram these same characters down everybody's throats until we're all sick of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not made of stone, so a part of me really liked the Luke ending. But another part of me felt like I was suddenly watching Ben Hur... an action movie that all of a sudden becomes a religious ceremony at the end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And what's the deal with Boba Fett anyway? How did he become such a massively popular character for Star Wars nerds?

He wasn't much of anything in the original trilogy. I mean, the armor is cool and the ship is fine, but his entire storyline was he made a deal with Vader for Han and then got killed by a rocket pack malfunction. But somehow he's like the 4th or 5th most popular character in the SW cult? Doesn't make sense. Anyway, we saw him get swallowed. Ridiculous to bring him back for this series just because the main character has similar armor. I fully expect a hologram Yoda exposition next season.

Seems like the lore gets disconnected from the movies a lot of times. Another example... In episode 1 this season I noticed they brought back that droid from New Hope who malfunctioned right before Luke bought R2D2 and C3PO. I looked it up to see if I was right, and this R5 droid has like chapters written about him. Apparently now the consensus narrative is that R5 purposefully sacrificed himself in A New Hope so that R2 would be chosen by Skywalker. What? Where is that ever implied in the movie itself? Why do fans need the story to be anything loftier than "the piece of junk busted an oil gasket right before he was taken?"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And what's the deal with Boba Fett anyway? How did he become such a massively popular character for Star Wars nerds?

He wasn't much of anything in the original trilogy. I mean, the armor is cool and the ship is fine, but his entire storyline was he made a deal with Vader for Han and then got killed by a rocket pack malfunction. But somehow he's like the 4th or 5th most popular character in the SW cult? Doesn't make sense. Anyway, we saw him get swallowed. Ridiculous to bring him back for this series just because the main character has similar armor. I fully expect a hologram Yoda exposition next season.

Seems like the lore gets disconnected from the movies a lot of times. Another example... In episode 1 this season I noticed they brought back that droid from New Hope who malfunctioned right before Luke bought R2D2 and C3PO. I looked it up to see if I was right, and this R5 droid has like chapters written about him. Apparently now the consensus narrative is that R5 purposefully sacrificed himself in A New Hope so that R2 would be chosen by Skywalker. What? Where is that ever implied in the movie itself? Why do fans need the story to be anything loftier than "the piece of junk busted an oil gasket right before he was taken?"
    all of this

honestly, several characters that are so beloved by fanboys, i really dont understand why. like admiral ackbar, and how pissed off people were that he died in TLJ. he had maybe a grand total of 2 minutes of screen time in ONE MOVIE and somehow it was a crime to let a legend like himself die. oh wait, i forgot he stated the obvious when he said "its a trap!", thus certifying his legend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    While I really enjoyed this season, I have to say I agree with you. One of my biggest criticisms of Disney SW so far is their inability to step away from the established stories and do something unique. And look here... we have individual series announced for Obi Wan, Luke, and Boba Fett. There are literally countless stories that could be told within this universe, but we're going to ram these same characters down everybody's throats until we're all sick of it.
    tbh thats what rian johnson tried to do with TLJ, and hopefully the planned trilogy he was given. then the idiotic fanboys ruined all of that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    What's the timeline here? Right after ROTJ?

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Yeah the most annoying thing about the Luke scene is all the Derps out there going “ they finally treated Luke the way he deserved his legacy isn’t ruined anymore ” and taking a cool scene and making it all about their own toxic insecurities.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What's the timeline here? Right after ROTJ?
    5 years after I believe

Thread Information