Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the entire mantra from the beginning of camp until he eventually came back was that his injury was short-term. The fact he's still dealing with it and that PATFO have been vague with the details (even with how secretive they generally are) is shady enough. If you wanna keep trusting in their words, by all means. At this point I'm operating under the assumption he won't be back this year (nor should he).
    I agree. Lost season already. Useless to play him, but to say he's injured is treating the fans as stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This offseason is the last chance for the Spurs to get anything worthwhile for him. If they can't come to an agreement at least they could get some future assets for him instead of him leaving for nothing like Dominos did.
    He’s 26

Your quitting on him. Top 3 MVP last year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clean the house, TBH.
    Tank for Doncic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s 26

He's a doom and gloom poster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the entire mantra from the beginning of camp until he eventually came back was that his injury was short-term. The fact he's still dealing with it and that PATFO have been vague with the details (even with how secretive they generally are) is shady enough. If you wanna keep trusting in their words, by all means. At this point I'm operating under the assumption he won't be back this year (nor should he).
    I never once heard it was a 'short term' thing. I kept hearing it was a different type of injury they hadn't seen before and they really weren't sure how long he'd be out, and people were pissed they didn't have a timeline for Kawhi's return. If you have quotes to disprove that, I'd love to see, cause either i'm misremembering, or you are just putting out some fake/random stuff from PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be but not once did we see Kawhi limp or anything, except for that one when he was climbing the stairs to board the plane. He runs, he blocks, he steals, he scores. No proof.
    He warmed up before Monday's loss in Atlanta hoping to finally clear that hurdle. He could not.
    "He didn't feel right," Popovich said. "So I told him to just sit."
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...y-12504542.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s 26

I don't care about his age, I care about the Spurs putting half their capspace in a player who hasn't been able to stay healthy. He 100% deserves the regular max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all according to PATFO.

Look, believe what you want. More power to you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whn & how did this injury even n happen!?!?
    Over compensation of ankle injury.

Quad tendon injury is a 4-6 month injury. Spurs tried their best to “manage” injury but obviously injury needs more time and rehab. It’s a risk you take when you try to compete for a chance to contend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is the only info available is filtered through the Spurs FO.

No one knows whether things will be okay or not. Or whether anyone else knows.

Some investigative reporting is in order -- but just be ready to move to another media market if you actually get the scoop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO needs to quit playing their CIA games and just announce that he's out for the entire ing season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You kids know that indefinite doesn't mean forever right? I know most of you are emotionally weak and poorly educated but all it means is theres still an issue and they're uncertain of when is wise to bring him back. There is certainly cause for concern due to the lingering nature of the injury but there's no reason to believe his career is over or he's done for the season. Grow some balls until we find out more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what sucks is having him in and out of the lineup really s with the team chemistry. there was such an obvious adjustment period his first couple of games back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You kids know that indefinite doesn't mean forever right? I know most of you are emotionally weak and poorly educated but all it means is theres still an issue and they're uncertain of when is wise to bring him back. There is certainly cause for concern due to the lingering nature of the injury but there's no reason to believe his career is over or he's done for the season. Grow some balls until we find out more.
    Agreed. Indefinite could mean 1 week, could mean 2 weeks. Maybe a month... It's definitely concerning, but i just hope at the very least he can be back at least 1-2 months prior to the post-season so we can develop some chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all are crazy if you think the Spurs couldnt get a good return on Kawhi imo. He has plenty of trade value at the moment even with the injury. I'm not serious about trading him but the spurs should do their due diligence and see what the market is like imo
    relax, Spurstalk lives a parallel world
    Spurs could probably get Tatum + Jaylen + 2 lottery pick from Ainge at that time just by saying the words Kawhi and available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Kiwi supermax extension vs this injury conjecture has already started.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Saw this coming before the season even started tbh. Lost season for the Spurs, and could be the end of Kawhi's time in SA since I don't see them giving him the supermax.
    That would be turrible

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rest up for the Lakers, Kawhi. We weren't going to do this year anyways with the worst roster since 1996/97

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not even funny how far this team is free falling at this point. Can't beat the Lakers or Hawks and they probably won't beat the Nets.

This paper tiger roster could only put bandaids on the cracks for so long. RC Drunkford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 50-win Seasons streak in serious jeopardy. Not that it really matters. But still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know what to think anymore with Kawhi out. It's not like a trade is going to save this season. And then you have a lot of questions in the offseason.

Is it too early for Robz4000's offseason thread yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know what to think anymore with Kawhi out. It's not like a trade is going to save this season. And then you have a lot of questions in the offseason.

Is it too early for Robz4000's offseason thread yet?
    Someone started one a month ago iirc.

Thread Information