Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1653
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a 2011 PBS Frontline Episode:

The get-tough policy has brought complaints of abuse and harsh treatment, including charges that families have been unfairly separated after being caught in the nationwide dragnet
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/f...-in-detention/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comeback that libs and the librul media didn't notice, didn't care, and didn't publicize problems with immigration enforcemwnt and detention before 2016 is, to use the academic jargon, bulll .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure I posted the Frontline article contemporaneously here, I'm certain I've read it before just now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure I posted the Frontline article contemporaneously here, I'm certain I've read it before just now.
    It was roundly ignored on all sides, as I recall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama stans didn't like the criticism, board conservatives couldn't stand to give Obama credit for tuff policies they love DJT for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comeback that libs and the librul media didn't notice, didn't care, and didn't publicize problems with immigration enforcemwnt and detention before 2016 is, to use the academic jargon, bulll .
    Did the Repugs notice? or did they notice and cheer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Repugs notice? or did they notice and cheer?
    Ignored it, as well as the "deporter in chief" taunts from immigration activists and lawyers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have trouble convincing board conservatives that Obama was tough on immigration; now they seem to be forced to recognize the precedence of Obama as an excuse for DJT's abusive, er -- tuff law 'n' order --countermeasures.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have trouble convincing board conservatives that Obama was tough on immigration; now they seem to be forced to recognize the precedence of Obama as an excuse for DJT's abusive, er -- tuff law 'n' order --countermeasures.
    give us numbers, and who it was who was deported.

ICE are sadistic goons, attracted to the service by its sadism, and that's not Obama's fault, even without Trash's "rough 'em up" brutality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ICE and BPS didn't become sadistic goons overnight on Nov. 9, 2016, boutons.

Preet Bhahara innovated the mass sweeps for MS-13 that ended up deporting a bunch of innocent kids -- face it, boutons, one side effect of aggressive enforcement is that innocent people get swept up.

Obama ramped up staffing, resources and enforcement to the level they are now. The 2011 article I posted mentions family separation and crappy connditions in BP/ICE facilities. That's another side effect of ramped up enforcement.

Degree makes a difference, but it's objectively dishonest to suggest Obama provided zero precedence for what's happening now.

If you have some point to make about targeting and statistics under Obama, you can make it yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Preet Bhahara innovated the mass sweeps for MS-13 that ended up deporting a bunch of innocent kids -- face it, boutons, one side effect of aggressive enforcement is that innocent people get swept up.

Obama ramped up staffing, resources and enforcement to the level they are now. The 2011 article I posted mentions family separation and crappy connditions in BP/ICE facilities. That's another side effect of ramped up enforcement.

Degree makes a difference, but it's objectively dishonest to suggest Obama provided zero precedence for what's happening now.

If you have some point to make about targeting and statistics under Obama, you can make it yourself.
    wow thanks for speaking truth around this echo chamber of nuts like bouts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say they did.

American law enforcement, prisons are rotten with sadistic goons, and with non-goon accomplices who protect them.

One of the numerous ways America is ed and un able. LE is simply the hit men for all of America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow thanks for speaking truth around this echo chamber of nuts like bouts.
    I also spoke truth to your erroneous assertion that nobody ed about crappy conditions of detention under Obama.

From the above posted it's clear the ing about abuse, harsh conditions and family separation started in Obama's first term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also spoke truth to your erroneous assertion that nobody ed about crappy conditions of detention under Obama.
    i think my assertion was "during" obama's era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think my assertion was "during" obama's era.
    2011 was "during" Obama's era. Frontline was a weekly TV news show at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2011 was "during" Obama's era. Frontline was a weekly TV news show at the time.
    guess i didn't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Google is your friend. The claim that the media didn't notice when Obama was Prez is either woefully ignorant or a lie. There's no middle ground on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Google is your friend. The claim that the media didn't notice when Obama was Prez is either woefully ignorant or a lie. There's no middle ground on this one.
    how much was it in the limelight? there's a difference between silent articles and well what we're seeing today with media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much was it in the limelight? there's a difference between silent articles and well what we're seeing today with media.
    AP, NPR and PBS are mainstream media orgs that reported on it contemporaneously. You're just complaining that the broader public wasn't inflamed, not that the media wasn't providing a spotlight.

It's fair to point out Obama stans were mostly content to overlook it, if they noticed at all.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 06-23-2019 at 12:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AP, NPR and PBS are mainstream media orgs that reported on it contemporaneously. You're just complaining that the broader public wasn't inflamed, not that the media wasn't providing a spotlight.

It's fair to point out Obama stans were mostly content to overlook it, if they noticed at all.
    yeah mainly public opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump, again, falsely says Obama had family separation policy

Trump’s persistent claims don’t align with the facts.

Separations under past administrations rare,

systematic under Trump

Generally, a child and an adult who arrive together at the border can be separated

when border officials cannot establish the custodial relationship;

when they believe the custodian may be a threat to the child; or

when the custodian is being detained for prosecution.

Immigration experts have told us that family separations were relatively rare under Obama and other past administrations.

They did not happen at nearly the scale that they did under the Trump administration.

George W. Bush’s Operation Streamline referred for prosecution immigrants who crossed into the country illegally, but made exceptions for adults traveling with children.

The Obama administration initially kept families together in detention,
    but after losing a legal challenge, released families out of detention after holding them for a limited time.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-had-family-s/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As immigrant children go without soap and toothbrushes, Trump and Pence say Congress is to blame

Pence ... blamed Congressional Democrats for the lack of sufficient bed space, arguing that they had stymied efforts to increase funding for US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) during the government shutdown last winter.

Trump also said that Democrats were to blame for the poor conditions at the border.

“It looks like these kids are being used as, as some sort of — is it hostages?” Todd asked.

“If the Democrats would change the asylum laws and the loopholes, which they refuse to do because they think it’s good politics, everything would be solved immediately. But they refuse to do it,”

The Trump administration has defended these conditions in court

Justice Department attorney arguing before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that

withholding basic amenities, like soap and toothbrushes, from detained migrants does not violate the government’s responsibility

to provide “safe and sanitary” conditions to detained children,

The Trump administration says only Congress can provide toiletries

During their interviews, Pence and Trump were pressed about why they couldn’t just find the money for basic amenities.

“This is the wealthiest nation in the world,” Tapper said to Pence. “We have the money to give toothpaste and soap and blankets to these kids in [the Clint facility]. Right now, we do.”

Pence said that the funding had to come through an appropriations bill.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/23/18714699/immigrant-children-soap-toothbrushes-detention-trump-pence-congress

Why don't the so-Christian evangelicals fly down there in their $60M jets and hand out the basics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't the so-Christian evangelicals fly down there in their $60M jets and hand out the basics?
    As Rep. Moreno recently found out, CBP and ICE don't accept donations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuellar Pushes for $60 Million in Reimbursement for San Antonio and Other Cities Aiding Central American Migrants After Texas Failed to Distribute Funds

U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar is pushing for $60 million in federal funds to reimburse organizations in San Antonio and other Texas cities that have aided Central American migrants.

The money would be made available directly from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, since the State of Texas failed to help distribute $100 million in federal funds included in a similar 2014 bill, said Cuellar, D-Laredo. The state only paid out $400,000 from that earlier pot of money, he added.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2019/06/24/cuellar-pushes-for-60-million-in-reimbursement-for-san-antonio-and-other-cities-aiding-central-american-migrants-after-texas-failed-to-distri

If Cuellar is right, WTF did the TX bag Repugs do with the $100M?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here ya gots for not thinking these weren't concentration camps last ing year. DMC Chucho

Thread Information