Page 35 of 88 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nationalfile.com/flashback-b...as-xenophobia/
    While Democrats in March attack President Donald Trump for not doing enough to end the coronavirus epidemic, the same Democrats were bashing the president’s decision to ban travel from China in January.
    In January, President Trump banned all foreign nationals who were in China during the time of the coronavirus outbreak from entering the United States. Many pundits and health experts have since credited this decision with helping to slow the coronavirus pandemic on American shores.

However, at the time former vice president Joe Biden railed against the decision.

During a campaign rally, Biden said that “In moments like this, this is where the credibility of a president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do.”

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, to uh, and fear mongering,” Biden continued.

Video at link
    Oh start stating Facts is going to drive them crazy I am really curious to see how they respond to your post?

Sorry but Trump will get re elected Biden is a terrible candidate he doesn’t know where he is half the time and no way in is Sanders people voting for him.
    Last edited by BackHome; 03-21-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nationalfile.com/flashback-b...as-xenophobia/
    While Democrats in March attack President Donald Trump for not doing enough to end the coronavirus epidemic, the same Democrats were bashing the president’s decision to ban travel from China in January.
    In January, President Trump banned all foreign nationals who were in China during the time of the coronavirus outbreak from entering the United States. Many pundits and health experts have since credited this decision with helping to slow the coronavirus pandemic on American shores.

However, at the time former vice president Joe Biden railed against the decision.

During a campaign rally, Biden said that “In moments like this, this is where the credibility of a president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do.”

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, to uh, and fear mongering,” Biden continued.

Video at link
    "many pundits"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, this is not about Trump. Trump really does not mind if you throw all your hate his way, if that is what it takes. This is about government doing its job. Its about congress, the departments, governors, mayors, county judges and individuals. Yes, individuals because the government is the people. If Trump, Pelosi, Schumer, and McConnell can get along for the greater good then what is wrong with the rest of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, this is not about Trump. Trump really does not mind if you throw all your hate his way, if that is what it takes. This is about government doing its job. Its about congress, the departments, governors, mayors, county judges and individuals. Yes, individuals because the government is the people. If Trump, Pelosi, Schumer, and McConnell can get along for the greater good then what is wrong with the rest of us.
    Trump won't even talk to Nancy. What is wrong with him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were only 9 days between the first death by covid-19 and the first reported US case. It took Trump 11 days after that to ban foreign nationals from entering the US if they were in China two weeks prior. China had its people on lockdown by then.

Scientists and healthcare professionals have been sounding the alarm from the start and still are. Begging for testing, more tests and personal protective gear for months and still are. I hope you are hearing that news. I hope you have appropriate fear, less distrust of science moving forward and remain healthy.

Covid-19 mortality is twice as high for men compared to women in Italy. It looks to be months of rehab and permanently reduced respiratory functions for the smokers and vapors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again China new way before that event so many foreigners had gone to Europe and USA way before they finally told the truth. Almost every country has it only way to even stay above the pain is to try to slow it down but until a vaccine is created the whole world will be dealing with this virus.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again China new way before that event so many foreigners had gone to Europe and USA way before they finally told the truth. Almost every country has it only way to even stay above the pain is to try to slow it down but until a vaccine is created the whole world will be dealing with this virus.
    Agreed on that. But you don't want a president who goes public calling the epidemic a hoax or saying that there is no problem, especially when this president has a bunch of followers (like fauxnews) who would do and say anything he says blindly. This fanaticism in this particular instance is dangerous.

We don't see the ducks and genovawitness around that much anymore saying that this is not a big deal; maybe they finally understood.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they probably dealing with real family like getting food and dealing with real life . You wanna bash Trump keep doing it if it makes you happy but just saying the same thing over and over is not going to make it right. I have a lot of foreign friends and they all scarred and they all looking for the USA to lead and come up with a cure. They scarred of the virus but they also scarred their country and economy will collapse and the people will riot and then all breaks loose.

I pray our President and all of our elected Officials come together and make the right decisions need to really put politics aside and come together as a country pretty damn quick.

Everyone stay safe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they probably dealing with real family like getting food and dealing with real life . You wanna bash Trump keep doing it if it makes you happy but just saying the same thing over and over is not going to make it right. I have a lot of foreign friends and they all scarred and they all looking for the USA to lead and come up with a cure. They scarred of the virus but they also scarred their country and economy will collapse and the people will riot and then all breaks loose.

I pray our President and all of our elected Officials come together and make the right decisions need to really put politics aside and come together as a country pretty damn quick.

Everyone stay safe.
    Trump won't speak to Nancy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm would you speak to Nancy?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everyone stay safe.
    It is not going to make it right now but you have elections this year and I hope that people understand that this type of leadership is exactly what the US (and other countries) should avoid.

As far as the economy, it is pretty sure that we'll have at least a deep recession and maybe a depression. Countries will have to pour a lot of money and hopefully this time, they give it directly to the people instead of giving tax breaks to the wealthy. This is the only way to support our economies, give it to people who are actually spending it.

Stay safe as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not going to make it right now but you have elections this year and I hope that people understand that this type of leadership is exactly what the US (and other countries) should avoid.

As far as the economy, it is pretty sure that we'll have at least a deep recession and maybe a depression. Countries will have to pour a lot of money and hopefully this time, they give it directly to the people instead of giving tax breaks to the wealthy. This is the only way to support our economies, give it to people who are actually spending it.

Stay safe as well.
    Very interesting what your opinion is on Macron and Merkel delaying measures until very late, yes - later than Trump, and especially Macron doing elections when everyone should have been at home.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very interesting what your opinion is on Macron and Merkel delaying measures until very late, yes - later than Trump, and especially Macron doing elections when everyone should have been at home.
    Macron has not handled the situation well at all; there was not a lot of testing done from the very beginning and even now there is not. France has let its public hospitals go in disarray choosing to spend too much money elsewhere (mainly too many civil servants in unnecessary places and people retiring too early). Fortunately, France still has a pretty good healthcare system and people won't go bankrupt for health issue (probably because of the economy) but it should be a wake up call for France to spend the money where it needs to be and save elsewhere.

Keeping the election was completely stupid, it put people at risk and the results are not representative of the people. I hope they get cancelled and we get a chance to revote the first round again.

At the contrary, Merkel has done a pretty good job with large testing early on and Germany has a lot of hospital beds and medical equipment, they have very few deaths compared to the rest of Europe without confinement. They have more public spending than the US but less than France but they spend it wisely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Macron has not handled the situation well at all; there was not a lot of testing done from the very beginning and even now there is not. France has let its public hospitals go in disarray choosing to spend too much money elsewhere (mainly too many civil servants in unnecessary places and people retiring too early). Fortunately, France still has a pretty good healthcare system and people won't go bankrupt for health issue (probably because of the economy) but it should be a wake up call for France to spend the money where it needs to be and save elsewhere.

Keeping the election was completely stupid, it put people at risk and the results are not representative of the people. I hope they get cancelled and we get a chance to revote the first round again.

At the contrary, Merkel has done a pretty good job with large testing early on and Germany has a lot of hospital beds and medical equipment, they have very few deaths compared to the rest of Europe without confinement. They have more public spending than the US but less than France but they spend it wisely.
    Agree with most of what you've said. All of Europe missed the boat with taking early measures and the next few weeks look grim. I don't trust the China numbers at all, as well as some other countries'( Iran, India, Russia, Turkey, etc.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with most of what you've said. All of Europe missed the boat with taking early measures and the next few weeks look grim. I don't trust the China numbers at all, as well as some other countries'( Iran, India, Russia, Turkey, etc.)
    There are only few countries that did handle the situation correctly and for what we can see, testing was the way to go (South Korea, Germany, Taiwan...). I think that the west suffers from "we are too good, it won't happen to us".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are only few countries that did handle the situation correctly and for what we can see, testing was the way to go (South Korea, Germany, Taiwan...). I think that the west suffers from "we are too good, it won't happen to us".
    True. I think Japan handled it best, have a couple of japanese friends and talked to them back when it looked like only a local thing. They did a lot of testing and locked stuff down very strictly, plus their society is different compared to europeans, so they actually did what was expected and got things under control.

Kind of disagree about Germany handling it well. Sure, they test more which is good but they waited way too long to close borders and tell people to stay at home.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. I think Japan handled it best, have a couple of japanese friends and talked to them back when it looked like only a local thing. They did a lot of testing and locked stuff down very strictly, plus their society is different compared to europeans, so they actually did what was expected and got things under control.

Kind of disagree about Germany handling it well. Sure, they test more which is good but they waited way too long to close borders and tell people to stay at home.
    Granted that they have an old population, the fact that they only have 90 deaths is remarkable. At the end, I don't know if spreading the virus slowly is not the solution in the long run for people to get an immune system; of course how do you control the rate to avoid having too many people with it at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump won't even talk to Nancy. What is wrong with him?
    That simply is not true. They have all been talking to each other every day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they?

Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nancy was on vacation all last week
    Nancy is a ing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the senate took the lead a few days ago and will try to get something out monday or tonight. Trump isn't a great negotiator without TV for obvious reason. The nancy pelosi stuff, is based on a reported story with so so sourcing and Trumps long time anti feminist positions. Trump is of course a very very insecure man way out of his element so it's not really important what happened. He didn't take leadership other than a travel ban.

Anyway, there's been no story that trump has any plan other than his payroll tax holiday float plan which is dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nancy was on vacation all last week
    Nancy is a ing
    the senate went on vacation first and the dems passed a bill which the senate rejected. What do you wna tthem to do, suck your while they wait for the senate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dual Harris polls released Friday revealed between March 14th and 18th, the president’s approval rating jumped 4 percent. Additionally, the approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus also jumped from 51 to 56 percent.

According to the data, 61 percent of Americans trust the White House to provide accurate information regarding the outbreak. The polls were conducted just two days apart, showing a rapid boost of positivity among voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci says 'there isn't, fundamentally, a difference' between his view and Trump's on coronavirus
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/polit...nts/index.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dual Harris polls released Friday revealed between March 14th and 18th, the president’s approval rating jumped 4 percent. Additionally, the approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus also jumped from 51 to 56 percent.

According to the data, 61 percent of Americans trust the White House to provide accurate information regarding the outbreak. The polls were conducted just two days apart, showing a rapid boost of positivity among voters.
    then, americans are more re ed than I thought. When the president goes on TV calling the coronavirus a hoax and later we see the consequences of the virus and thus his lie, if people don’t see that, that really shows how low americans have gone

Thread Information