Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have a young athlete with terrible advanced stats in Walker.... no need to add a second. Someone's gonna offer him $17mil/year, a total the Spurs could use to get 2 or 3 players with possible untapped potential.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-10-2021 at 08:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurm fans thinking they have the luxury to turn down even mid level free agents. Fat Antonio fans really are delusional.
    Yeah I tend to agree with you on this, spurs need all the talent they can have lol if the price is right spurs should look to add him imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have a young athlete with terrible advanced stats in Walker.... no need to add a second. Someone's gonna offer him $17mil/year, a total the Spurs could use to get 2 or 3 players with possible untapped potential.
    Eh…not a fan of Oubre, but $17 mil wouldn’t be terrible IMO. I feel the same way about Oubre the way I do with Markkanen. An OK signing at the right cost, and I could see the utility. I’d probably prefer him over Lauri. Him and Keldon manning the forward spots… you could do worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I tend to agree with you on this, spurs need all the talent they can have lol if the price is right spurs should look to add him imo
    Nope. Reset for 2023. Don’t clog your cap with players who are worse than DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh…not a fan of Oubre, but $17 mil wouldn’t be terrible IMO. I feel the same way about Oubre the way I do with Markkanen. An OK signing at the right cost, and I could see the utility. I’d probably prefer him over Lauri. Him and Keldon manning the forward spots… you could do worse.
    It wouldn't be the end of the world, I agree. But I'd rather take a chance on Furkan Korkmaz, who's younger and will come with with a lower price tag. Plus I just like the idea of the Spurs having a player named Furkan. Just think of Sean Elliott, blushing every time he exclaims That was a great Furkan play!

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurm fans thinking they have the luxury to turn down even mid level free agents. Fat Antonio fans really are delusional.
    Oubre's not a mid level player though, he's pretty . I'd rather gift Mills a two year loyalty contract than sign Oubre for big money for four years. It's not like he's a 19 year old kid with potential to improve, he'll be 26 early next season and is likely as good as he'll ever be. Keldon is already better anyways, is four years younger, and costs next to nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm saying too. I don't get why others here think we're too good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Reset for 2023. Don’t clog your cap with players who are worse than DeRozan.
    If they don't get somebody like Oubre this offseason, they'll probably try to re-sign DeRozan. It's questionable whether this franchise is thinking reset for 2023.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm saying too. I don't get why others here think we're too good for him.
    Because many of them overvalue the pieces we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season exposed the out of him

We don't need anything like him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because...spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don't get somebody like Oubre this offseason, they'll probably try to re-sign DeRozan. It's questionable whether this franchise is thinking reset for 2023.
    They’ve already tried to sign DD, and he won’t take two years, even if the money’s right.

If it did come down to resigning DD, or signing KO, I’d opt for the first one, anyway, BECAUSE HES ING BETTER THAN OUBRE. Neither would be my first choice, though. That would be trading for Harrison Barnes. He’s bigger than Oubre, a better defender AND shooter, and is under contract until 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need guys who can hit the three. This guy would just add to the glut of wings that are average three point shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope do not want. Save the cap space this year and offer the max RFA to Bridges next year. I also wouldn't mind bringing Laurri in for a cheaper price than Kelly. CHI doesn't want him for and we can probably get him for around 10 a year.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't be the end of the world, I agree. But I'd rather take a chance on Furkan Korkmaz, who's younger and will come with with a lower price tag. Plus I just like the idea of the Spurs having a player named Furkan. Just think of Sean Elliott, blushing every time he exclaims That was a great Furkan play!

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

"And Kork pops another three! Oh mama!"

smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, we already have too many guys at the 2/3 when we need a 3/4. We can't keep having 4 guard lineups or lineups with 2 guys sliding up a position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not true and cant play the pf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of liked Oubre when he was on the Suns. But, yeah, not someone whom I'd invest any sort of significant contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see this. Lots of possibilities for trade scenarios so the Spurs would be silly not to test the waters or have an open mind especially with the Warriors whom they seem to have a good relationship with, unlike teams like Mavs and Knicks.

Edit: Didn't realize Oubre Jr. was a UFA this offseason. Of course we should be interested since very few teams have cap room and Oubre Jr. is not going to fetch a ton of money likely. Still lots of sign and trade scenarios I imagine GS would want to test to bolster their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who argue that Oubre would be worth signing, is he really worth twice or three times as much as our draft pick would be? Say Ziaire Williams? Wouldn’t a cheaper Williams be a better value and more than likely become the better player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who argue that Oubre would be worth signing, is he really worth twice or three times as much as our draft pick would be? Say Ziaire Williams? Wouldn’t a cheaper Williams be a better value and more than likely become the better player?
    What if they pick him up and sign Sengun instead? You have to do your due diligence for all scenarios.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would depend on the numbers. If we're not resigning Demar, Mills or Gay, he could help round out the roster. We need height, and we need shooters. He averaged almost 19 PPG with 35% from three in '19-'20, and he's only 25, so there's definitely worse out there.

It all depends on what his demands are and who we're bringing back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if they pick him up and sign Sengun instead? You have to do your due diligence for all scenarios.
    I don’t know much about this Turk but the Spurs drafting a big? I definitely won’t complain about that bro. I like that. He fills a need and I’ll trust y’all if he’s got a high ceiling. I was just thinking about salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would depend on the numbers. If we're not resigning Demar, Mills or Gay, he could help round out the roster. We need height, and we need shooters. He averaged almost 19 PPG with 35% from three in '19-'20, and he's only 25, so there's definitely worse out there.

It all depends on what his demands are and who we're bringing back.
    Yeahhh, we’ll see what happens but damn I hope that scenario plays out. Not so much signing Oubre I just mean NOT re-signing the 3 vets. I’m hoping for a full blown youth movement. I’ve supported DeRozan and Gay but let them contribute to a contender. I just don’t see them letting Mills walk. He seems like he wants to stay and he’s up for whatever that citizenship or community service award is. That’s not the Spurs way to let a player like Mills go. I’m just done with Pop’s midget ball. Another reason why I like Ziaire is he’s one of the top defensive prospects.
    Last edited by south side spur; 06-11-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Thread Information