Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    https://nypost.com/2022/03/18/deshau...veland-browns/

Fully guaranteed 5 year / 230 million contract (46M per year, third-place to Rodgers and Mahomes). A lot of cheddar to a guy who might get suspended for "personal conduct" by Goodell.

Baker Mayfield, we'll see where he goes, but he's still a starting QB in this league somewhere.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Content with the trade. Hopefully he gets suspended and the Browns have a sucky season, that next year pick is atop 10. The leverage was too strong with the ntc. Glad the perv is not Houstons problem anymore.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Post Count
    QB graveyard

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Lol at what the browns gave up and paid to get him.

Pretty clear the way to win these days is with a young cheap QB. Once you overpay the QB your chances go way down, Brady being one of the few exceptions
    Last edited by Blake; 03-19-2022 at 12:59 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Pretty clear the way to win these days is with a young cheap QB. Once you overpay the QB your chances go way down, Brady being one of the few exceptions
    Exactly. Either you get a Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Allen tier QB and pay him top dollar and contend every year..., or, you get a Prescott, Lamar Jackson, Watson, Cousins second-tier type of QB and ideally trade him for as many resources and top end picks as you can and do what you can to draft your next QB of the future hoping he's the second coming, meanwhile otherwise drafting BPA and keeping your team stocked with top end talent around the QB position so you stay compe ive even if you have to spend a year with a "bridge" QB.

There is such an enormous drop-off from tier 1 QB's to tier 2 QBs that it is the best interest of any franchise to do this and not to pay a tier 2 QB tier 1 money just to "be compe ive" when you're never going to actually get over the hump.

Matthew Stafford and the Rams is an exception though at least Stafford's contract isn't quite as ridiculous and they had a top end list of mercenaries that went to LA to win a ring this past year, that won't happen again for a long time.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

KC bout to find that out

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Just need to win 1. No team is winning multiple rings anytime soon. Even the proclaimed Dynasty Chiefs have 1 and it came from a SB they were outplayed for 3.5 Quarters

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    worst deal ever

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    worst deal ever
    Could be a Herschel walker extinction level event

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Brady isn't even really the exception either, he always took pay cuts and restructured his contract whenever New England needed him to. IIRC his cap hit with Tampa this year is only gonna be like $20mm too, basically half of what the cap hit is for other elite tier QBs.

Having a wife worth half a billion dollars has its advantages.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Brady isn't even really the exception either, he always took pay cuts and restructured his contract whenever New England needed him to. IIRC his cap hit with Tampa this year is only gonna be like $20mm too, basically half of what the cap hit is for other elite tier QBs.

Good point. Forgot about all his restructuring

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

If he really wanted a super team he could reduce his cap hit to like $2M for this year and then the Bucs can just admit to sucking paying the dead money after he actually retires. Or Brady can agree to a paycut or a stretch provision at that time, because let's face it, he doesn't really need the money.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Could be a Herschel walker extinction level event
    Mhmm. Georgia. I have this bet with Will Hunting that my slave Herschel is gonna take down his slave Rafe in the senate race this November.

But seriously, the Vikings were not going anywhere if they hadn't traded those picks. Dallas was still going to be terrible for another year and had already picked Aikman, so they were already on the upward trajectory.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If he really wanted a super team he could reduce his cap hit to like $2M for this year and then the Bucs can just admit to sucking paying the dead money after he actually retires. Or Brady can agree to a paycut or a stretch provision at that time, because let's face it, he doesn't really need the money.
    I think the Bucs are already slated to have a $16 million cap hit in '24 if Brady plays out the next 2 years and then retires.

The way he's handling it is reasonable imo, I wouldn't expect Brady to throw away the $20 million he's making.

Kinda curious if he tries to persuade Edelman to make a comeback, there's no way that Edelman wouldn't at least consider it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think the Bucs are already slated to have a $16 million cap hit in '24 if Brady plays out the next 2 years and then retires.

The way he's handling it is reasonable imo, I wouldn't expect Brady to throw away the $20 million he's making.

Kinda curious if he tries to persuade Edelman to make a comeback, there's no way that Edelman wouldn't at least consider it.
    He'll be 36 this spring and he's been out of the league a couple years. He suffered a lot of concussions and other misc injuries during his career. That won't happen. They're better off pursuing someone similar like Beasley or better yet, sign Jarvis Landry and keep developing Scotty Miller to be that Edelman 2.0 guy.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Mhmm. Georgia. I have this bet with Will Hunting that my slave Herschel is gonna take down his slave Rafe in the senate race this November.

But seriously, the Vikings were not going anywhere if they hadn't traded those picks. Dallas was still going to be terrible for another year and had already picked Aikman, so they were already on the upward trajectory.
    Minnesota thought they were the one piece short of being in the SB.

One of those first round picks was Emmitt but they really beefed up the lines. Aikman had all day and Smith had gaping holes.

2017 forward Won Bowl or In Bowl
    Foles
    Stafford
    Garrapalo
    Matt Ryan
    Goff

Ya Andy you need to pay a top tier ungodly money, that is the only way.

Reality is you need a good team also. In Bradys case, good team + refs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He'll be 36 this spring and he's been out of the league a couple years. He suffered a lot of concussions and other misc injuries during his career. That won't happen. They're better off pursuing someone similar like Beasley or better yet, sign Jarvis Landry and keep developing Scotty Miller to be that Edelman 2.0 guy.
    I don't know why they even want another slot WR. Godwin is great there. Unless they want to move him outside opposite of Evans and get him more downfield looks. And they just gave him a pretty good payday.
    Although I'm not sure if Godwin will be ready for Game 1.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know why they even want another slot WR. Godwin is great there. Unless they want to move him outside opposite of Evans and get him more downfield looks. And they just gave him a pretty good payday.
    Although I'm not sure if Godwin will be ready for Game 1.
    And besides Scotty Miller is still that Wes Welker guy

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And besides Scotty Miller is still that Wes Welker guy
    Just because he's white? Miller is a burner but he's short. With Godwin, Evans, and Gage, I don't know how Miller or Tyler Johnson sees much playing time. But as the 4th and 5th WR, they're pretty stacked.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Just because he's white? Miller is a burner but he's short. With Godwin, Evans, and Gage, I don't know how Miller or Tyler Johnson sees much playing time. But as the 4th and 5th WR, they're pretty stacked.
    Gage will be replacing AB in essence, but Tampa uses a lot of receivers. Miller was the guy who caught the Brady hail mary at halftime that ended up being the difference in beating the Packers in that snow game

We also don't know if Gronk is coming back and OJ Howard went to Buffalo so all the Bucs have for now at tight end is Cam Brate. Could see a lot of 4 WR sets which Brady has been historically fantastic with.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gage will be replacing AB in essence, but Tampa uses a lot of receivers. Miller was the guy who caught the Brady hail mary at halftime that ended up being the difference in beating the Packers in that snow game

We also don't know if Gronk is coming back and OJ Howard went to Buffalo so all the Bucs have for now at tight end is Cam Brate. Could see a lot of 4 WR sets which Brady has been historically fantastic with.
    Yeah...but you said Miller was their Wes Welker guy.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah...but you said Miller was their Wes Welker guy.
    Felt like banging your head against a wall today?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Felt like banging your head against a wall today?
    Lol. I'm not sure why I bother.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

BTW...here's the highlights from the infamous "snow game" you mentioned.

Ah...video unavailable. Anyway...spoiler...no snow.

Thread Information